Sign in to follow this  
NorthernYella

Josh McEachran

Just had Josh McEachran on SkySports News this morning, very highly rated at Chelsea, considered a natural replacement for Frank Lampard, originally asked by the club to stay at Chelsea this season to be involved with first team, but with Chelsea''s new signings imminent Josh wants first team footballer - he says he''s frustrated that his youth international team mate Ross Barkley is getting first team action at Everton (Ross Barkley was talked up by Capello on Goals on Sunday as a very exciting talent)

This coming weekend a word with Chelsea over a season long loan for Josh McEachran could be a great idea for us. The best argument to put to Chelsea is look how Tom Cleverly has come back from Wigan and Danny Welbeck from Sunderland, both starting in the Man Utd team and looking the part. I feel we need something extra especially with no Lansbury and Pacheco and think Josh McEachran fits the young and hungry Lambert model and seems very talented. With experience already in the Champions League and the Premiership and at youth international level, including the U21s, I believe we should put in an enquiry and see what the club and player say.

Gutted, forgot about that! Hopefully he doesn''t end up at one of our rivals like QPR as I think he could make an impact for a club like that this season, especially as he seems to have a lot better attitude than Adel Taarabt!

McEachran has a lot of ability but his main problem at the moment is he is far to slight. He gets bullied off the ball at youth levels so in the first team this problem would just be compounded. I think he would find it hard to make any real impact on a game at the moment, as he is too easily moved off the ball.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]McEachran has a lot of ability but his main problem at the moment is he is far to slight. He gets bullied off the ball at youth levels so in the first team this problem would just be compounded. I think he would find it hard to make any real impact on a game at the moment, as he is too easily moved off the ball.[/quote]

Playing a CM role, maintaining possession is a prerequisite. Frank Lampard wouldn''t have got far in the game unless he could physically retain the ball!

I was just thinking about the reverse scenario; Does anyone remember Darren Eadie''s debut against against Vitesse Arnhem back in ''93? He was knocked off the ball many times winning us several free kicks in dangerous areas. Being slight can work as a positive advantage sometimes!