Sign in to follow this  
ziggy

tonights cup match

hope our side tonight is good enough to beat the mk dons . even though staying in the premier league is the most important thing you still cant beat a good cup run , brings in £ too . i for one will be there tonight , cant wait . OTBC in lambert we trust .

Even our reserves consist of Norfolk Cafu, Drury, Fox, Hoolahoop, Jackson, Lappin and er, Wheeliebin. All of whom will be trying to impress for the First XI. Should be a slick game tonight!

Wonder who we''ll play at centreback, with only 2 fit first team cb''s I''d rather we try some of the youngsters there. Francombe played CB in one of the friendlies didn''t he?

I''d probably lineup something like this:

Rudd

Martin Francombe Drury Lappin

Adeyemi Fox Smith

Cody Wilbraham Jackson

[quote user="Mahogany"]Wonder who we''ll play at centreback, with only 2 fit first team cb''s I''d rather we try some of the youngsters there. Francombe played CB in one of the friendlies didn''t he? I''d probably lineup something like this: Rudd Martin Francombe Drury Lappin Adeyemi Fox Smith Cody Wilbraham Jackson[/quote]

Ayala, De Laet will go centre back, I don''t think he will play players out of position, if it''s not neccessary. I reckon Chris Martin as well. I think Lambert sees this as an opportunity to look at some players, doubt for that reason Cody will play. He clearly has no future here. I think I agree with 7 of your first 11.

Reason I''d play Cody is basically as a shop window. The transfer window shuts soon and we''ve heard nothing recently, if he does well it might drum up some interest, and he''s good enough to play aginst MK.

As for the CB''s, what happens if De Laet or Ayala get injured? MK Dons are dirty bastards if the last time we played them is anything to go by and I wouldn''t be surprised if we end up with at least 1 injury. If its a CB then we''d only have 1 fit to play against one of the best teams in the league.

A cup run would be nice, but we need to be totally focused on the league.

Rudd; R Martin, De Laet, Ayala, Drury; Smith, Fox, Surman; Hoolahan; Jackson, C Martin.

Subs (do we get 7?): Ruddy, Francomb, Lappin, Crofts, Bennett, Wilbraham, Dawkin

[quote user="Mahogany"]Reason I''d play Cody is basically as a shop window. The transfer window shuts soon and we''ve heard nothing recently, if he does well it might drum up some interest, and he''s good enough to play aginst MK. As for the CB''s, what happens if De Laet or Ayala get injured? MK Dons are dirty bastards if the last time we played them is anything to go by and I wouldn''t be surprised if we end up with at least 1 injury. If its a CB then we''d only have 1 fit to play against one of the best teams in the league. A cup run would be nice, but we need to be totally focused on the league.[/quote]

But it will also mean he is cup-tied. Ayala will play - Barnett will be back for the Chelsea game and Whitbread will probably be fit by then as well. Will be interesting to see who does and doesn''t play as it might give some clue to the Chelsea game - also wouldn''t be surprised to see Vaughan on the bench as I''ve heard he is close to coming back.

It''s important to avoid injuries to key players tonight; anyone who needs protection for league duty will not be in the side.

I''m taking my 5-year old son for his first NCFC match tonight - it''ll be interesting to see how he reacts...