Sign in to follow this  
ellis206

Got my phone bill through.....

No one minds them making money while you are getting somewhere on the phone but taking it when you are getting told the queue is full doesn''t seem fair.

I hope they sort something out if people are sending telephone bills in such as a voucher for the club shop or something. At least then you''d be able to see what you''d spent your money on.

[quote user="Felixfan"]I am in the same position with over 100 calls just to get in the queue and a cost of over £29 because there is a minimum charge for 0844 numbers.

I contacted the club and told them this and just received the standard explanation re demand for tickets etc. I pointed out that the club receives this money and some form of reimbursement should be considered.

The person I spoke to was not very sympathetic

and when I persisted and said I forward my bill with a formal claim they agreed to look at it but did not hold out much hope.

I will not give up on this one as it is an unreasonable charge particularly for those outside Norwich who cannot visit in person.

I will keep you posted with any developments.[/quote]To be honest I might go down the same route, phone them up and complain because I think its out of order my phone bill has cost more than my tickets, I will send them my phone bill through the post as well.

[quote user="ellis206"]It took me a 114 attempts to get through for tickets vs Wigan and it has cost me £44 on my phone bill, cost me more than the flippin tickets, hope its not going to be the same for every match!! [/quote]Can''t you just buy them online? I bought four Stoke tickets for visiting friends last Thursday online, and the entire process was completely effortless. It took about 5 minutes, and the booking cost was £1.50.... can''t remember if it was £1.50 for all four, or £1.50 each ticket, but even if it was £6 it is a lot lower than £44! Unless it is different for away tickets? But pretty certain you can get them online too?

We will be using the number kindly supplied by cityangel in the future. If they refuse to serve me on that line, I will make a dead big fuss. :-)

I can''t believe someone would make 114 calls to get through! Why not give up after 5 attempts and call back another time. We had 4500 tickets for Wigan, it was always going to take a couple of weeks to sell them all. What''s the big panic to get them as soon as they go on sale?

I agree the club should have a 01603 number, but anyone phoning a 0844 number that many times should check the cost of the calls before hand!

I have never phoned any non-geographical phone numbers, there is always an alternative if you make the effort to look.

I''m pretty sure I tried ring one of the 01603 numbers as I got it from that saynoto0870 site and it tells you that you need to ring the 0844 one. Just not sure which one I tried though.

[quote user="Gerry Harrison"]I can''t believe someone would make 114 calls to get through! Why not give up after 5 attempts and call back another time. We had 4500 tickets for Wigan, it was always going to take a couple of weeks to sell them all. What''s the big panic to get them as soon as they go on sale? I agree the club should have a 01603 number, but anyone phoning a 0844 number that many times should check the cost of the calls before hand! I have never phoned any non-geographical phone numbers, there is always an alternative if you make the effort to look.[/quote]

Sometime you must let us all in on the secret to being perfect.

Don''t know about others but we live 200 miles away so can''t just "pop in" to the club, never had the 01603 number but I''m sure you can provide us all with a link - while you''re at it I''d like a quick chat with Delia - can you find me her direct number?, and no, had to get the tickets that day because we were going away.

Look forward to that seminar on Being Pefect, bet there''s a book deal in it for you too.

[quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="......and Smith must score."]Regarding the 0844 number if NCFC are truly into the '' cutomer care '' game then should use the 01603 code like they did many years ago ? For most people this would be free at weekends and evenings and certainly cheaper than the 0844 route whatever time they called.[/quote]

Why don''t people still use the 01603 number ??

[/quote]

...and, if this is a viable option, city angel, why is the club acknowledging the system is far from perfect and they are working on it ( as per Beauseant )? Surely the club has a responsibility to its fans to let them know, in the interim, the least costly/most efficient ways of obtaining tickets. Beauseant responding to unhappy customers on a thread such as thisby passing on information that "they are working on it" falls short of the club doing the right thing proactively.

[/quote]

I''m just passing on information from last night''s meeting Yankee. I''m merely telling you what the club are saying, so please don''t shoot the messenger![:)]

Thing is Gerry when you ring and hear the queue is full constantly you are assuming that it it maybe has 30 people in it. Today was the first time on this thread that I''ve read the queue only goes up to 10 people.

Also you have to assume that not all the people ringing are just getting 1 ticket each they may be getting 5/6 tickets each. And this was the first game back so you had to imagine the tickets were very sought after probably moreso than most away games especially as well considering the price of them.

Also it didn''t state anywhere how many tickets we were allocated. People thought we may be getting 5000 approx but until its written you don''t know. In the end we got 4500.

[quote user="Beauseant"]

[quote user="Canarino"]We will be in the same situation, took about an hour and a half of continuous phoning to get through.The club really needs to address this - either have more phone operators or make it an ordinary local number. Or put the tickets online as I said on another thread, just like other clubs do! Nice little money-spinner, isn''t it?[/quote]

This issue came up at last night''s Supporters Groups meeting. The feedback is that the club is aware that the current system is far from perfect, particularly the online system, and they are working on it. However, with all the hoops they have to jump through to meet premier league requirements, it may take some time. Apparently the system is set up so that callers have a maximum wait of 10 minutes if they are allowed to join the queue (as opposed to being told to ring back later).

Hope that helps

[/quote]The club could revert to an 01603 number and stop rinsing the fans for money everytime we phone up to buy something from them. This would only take a few days to sort out and to publish the alternative number. If they wanted to help the supporters, they could do so very, very easily.

[quote user="norfolkchance1"]Also it didn''t state anywhere how many tickets we were allocated. People thought we may be getting 5000 approx but until its written you don''t know. In the end we got 4500.[/quote]I''m sure if you emailed the box office they would have be able to tell you the allocation, they''re normally pretty got at replying to emails. Failing that phoning Wigan Athletic box office and asking would have been worth a try. I can''t imagine they have a problem with queuing!

From memory, weren''t these tickets available for a few days before they sold out?As has been said, if you fall into the trap of ringing 114 times before you give up knowing it''s a charged call then it''s not really the club''s duty to reimburse you is it?Simply be patient and call later. NCFC isn''t a social service.

If I had had a crystal ball when I tried to buy the tickets then clearly I would have known there would have been plenty left and I would have waited 2 or 3 days. As it happens I aren''t clarevoyant and neither do I suppose are the many people on here who opened larger than expected phone bills. So for the people telling us what we should have done that isn''t really the point of the thread as hindsight is always better in any event.

[quote user="norfolkchance1"]If I had had a crystal ball when I tried to buy the tickets then clearly I would have known there would have been plenty left and I would have waited 2 or 3 days. As it happens I aren''t clarevoyant and neither do I suppose are the many people on here who opened larger than expected phone bills. So for the people telling us what we should have done that isn''t really the point of the thread as hindsight is always better in any event.[/quote]Ok, well....The point of the thread is the OP knowingly called an 0844 number 114 times and is now moaning about the fact he/she got charged and want the club to reimburse.Good luck with that.

[quote user="Gerry Harrison"][quote user="Ruddy Wizard"]had to get the tickets that day because we were going away.[/quote]
Shame you didn''t go somewhere that has telephones!
[/quote]

I see your seminar has started Gerry, you do a nice line in smug too.

Yes, telehones abroad, well you expect to get fleeced by Johhny Foreigner don''t you but hardly by your own club.

Just remember Gerry, you''re only clever if you know the answer....

[quote user="Ruddy Wizard"]

Thanks cityangel, we''ll use that number from now on. Appreciate the help and always find your posts helpful.

[/quote]

My pleasure and thankyou for the compliment. [:)]

Another thing to remember, that I just found out to my cost, if you buy the away ticket online there''s no option to book travel. So I then had to call the ticket office and book travel seperately incurring two seperate £1.50 booking fees. [:''(]