Sign in to follow this  
ellis206

Got my phone bill through.....

It took me a 114 attempts to get through for tickets vs Wigan and it has cost me £44 on my phone bill, cost me more than the flippin tickets, hope its not going to be the same for every match!!

[quote user="ellis206"]It took me a 114 attempts to get through for tickets vs Wigan and it has cost me £44 on my phone bill, cost me more than the flippin tickets, hope its not going to be the same for every match!! [/quote]Flippin'' heck Tucker £44!!

We will be in the same situation, took about an hour and a half of continuous phoning to get through.The club really needs to address this - either have more phone operators or make it an ordinary local number. Or put the tickets online as I said on another thread, just like other clubs do!

Nice little money-spinner, isn''t it?

[quote user="Canarino"]We will be in the same situation, took about an hour and a half of continuous phoning to get through.The club really needs to address this - either have more phone operators or make it an ordinary local number. Or put the tickets online as I said on another thread, just like other clubs do! Nice little money-spinner, isn''t it?[/quote]

This issue came up at last night''s Supporters Groups meeting. The feedback is that the club is aware that the current system is far from perfect, particularly the online system, and they are working on it. However, with all the hoops they have to jump through to meet premier league requirements, it may take some time. Apparently the system is set up so that callers have a maximum wait of 10 minutes if they are allowed to join the queue (as opposed to being told to ring back later).

Hope that helps

Thank you for that info, Beauseant. The main problem (as you will know) is that you can''t actually get into the queue, so you have to make multiple calls.

[quote user="Canarino"]Thank you for that info, Beauseant. The main problem (as you will know) is that you can''t actually get into the queue, so you have to make multiple calls.[/quote]

Fair comment.

I am in the same position with over 100 calls just to get in the queue and a cost of over £29 because there is a minimum charge for 0844 numbers.

I contacted the club and told them this and just received the standard explanation re demand for tickets etc. I pointed out that the club receives this money and some form of reimbursement should be considered.

The person I spoke to was not very sympathetic

and when I persisted and said I forward my bill with a formal claim they agreed to look at it but did not hold out much hope.

I will not give up on this one as it is an unreasonable charge particularly for those outside Norwich who cannot visit in person.

I will keep you posted with any developments.

When the phone call costs to secure them becomes a greater figure than the ticket value we have an absurd situation. Add on the personal time invested to make those calls and it''s totally ridiculous.

David McNally comes from a sales & marketing background and will realise this situation is fundamentally wrong; all businesses are well advised to make it quick and easy for people to buy their products and NCFC is no different.

I hope he sorts it out double-quick!

Luckily I live near enough to be able to go to the ticket office so didn''t bump my bill up, I remember what it was like though from when I was an exiled fan.

[quote user="Beauseant"]

This issue came up at last night''s Supporters Groups meeting. The feedback is that the club is aware that the current system is far from perfect, particularly the online system, and they are working on it. However, with all the hoops they have to jump through to meet premier league requirements, it may take some time. Apparently the system is set up so that callers have a maximum wait of 10 minutes if they are allowed to join the queue (as opposed to being told to ring back later).

Hope that helps

[/quote]

Beau, this was a joint meeting of supporters'' groups or a meeting of supporters'' groups with the club?

If there are too many people in the queue so that it is full I''d rather have the engaged tone and not be charged. Our bill was ridiculous as well costing more than the tickets.

I would rather wait from say number 30 in the queue than be told the queue is full - 10 doesn''t seem very much for a telephone queue at a premier league club. At least with this scenario it would have meant I wouldn''t have to have rung as many times as I did pressing two numbers to get through to the same message.

In my opinion the ticket line should be a dedicated line for tickets without the options then if the queue was full just leave the engaged tone therefore meaning people are not charged. If people want hospitality etc there should be a dedicated number.

Needs to be sorted ASAP, also if I''m waiting in the queue why do they have to find the dullest people to tell you about tickets on the loop. I''d rather have Paul Lambert telling me the ticket news every now and again at least it would add some variety.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Beauseant"]

Hope that helps

[/quote]

Beau, this was a joint meeting of supporters'' groups or a meeting of supporters'' groups with the club?

[/quote]

And you''ve effectively answered that question elsewhere, I now see!

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Beauseant"]

Hope that helps

[/quote]

[/quote]  It was a meeting between representatives of the various supporters groups and a number of Board members (David McNally, Stefan Phillips, DS and MWJ) as well as support and media office staff.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Beauseant"]

Hope that helps

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Damn you PC, my typing fingers are red raw already![;)]

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Beauseant"]

Hope that helps

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Damn you PC, my typing fingers are red raw already![;)]

[/quote]

---

Oh, I think I''m damned anyway, Beau, but probably not on account of your delicate digits![;)][:P][;)]

Expecting a similar bill through myself.. I find it totally infuriating (money aside) how difficult it is to book tickets in any method.I don''t buy into the ''we''ve got lots of other things to take up our time at the moment'' nonsense either.. You wouldn''t have a shop with only 1 till and hundreds of queueing customers and then use the excuse that because you''re so busy with all this added custom you can''t sort out more tills.

Agreed Andy the situation before the Wigan game constituted a farce. Also the fact that it was announced the tickets were on general sale at 4.00ish on official site yet you rung up and were told they wouldn''t be on sale until morning. Hung phone up then went on here and found people saying they were able to buy them over phone that night. Tried to ring up again and couldn''t get in queue. When you hear the queue is full you tend to panic because you think they are going to sell out rapid- fortunately they didn''t but its quite galling to get those thoughts when you''ve been in away crowds of 800 and 900 at Burnley and Hartlepool (just to name 2) over last 3 years. So you end up trying harder to get through just to get the same message.

I haven''t bothered contacting club yet I''m not sure I''ll bother but all I''m asking is system to alter as that cannot be the norm for the rest of the season.

I feel fleeced to be honest. I''m not convinced that my calling for an hour and a half (just waiting now for the bill) and somehow still managing to get front row seats is entirely on the level. (Surely with tickets on sale for an hour the previous afternoon and then starting at 8 am and finally getting through at 9.30 am I''d surely have not got a pair as low as that?)

Having home season tickets and having also moved to the frozen north and wanting to support the club at away games is costing us a small fortune and with this added cost something will have to give.

Sure, others and the club might well say that someone else will soon fill your seats and that may well have to be the case. Only point to make out of that is "next mug please!".

Strangely enough, for Bolton which went on sale last Sunday, I got through after about 4 or 5 tries and virtually straight through to a real person. I think it might have been something to do with the fact that it was Sunday and people don''t get up so early!

Most businesses generate around 5p per minute, per call on an 0844 number.

[quote user="ellis206"]It took me a 114 attempts to get through for tickets vs Wigan and it has cost me £44 on my phone bill, cost me more than the flippin tickets, hope its not going to be the same for every match!! [/quote]www.canaries.co.ukjob done!

[quote user="s10_yellow"]You can''t buy away tickets online jas.[/quote]

That''s one of the things that they hope to introduce soon, but only for casual tickets, ie where there isn''t a ballot.

[quote user="Snakepit Lass"]most of the cost is the connection charge[/quote]

What connection charge ? Have looked on the BT site and can only find a charge of 5p per min to 0844 numbers from a landline.

People do get panicky if they can''t get through straightaway but by the look of some of the ''phone bills due on here it looks as though for some it''d have been cheaper to book a taxi to the ticket office and leave it waiting outside while they bought the tickets over the counter !!Regarding the 0844 number if NCFC are truly into the '' cutomer care '' game then should use the 01603 code like they did many years ago ? For most people this would be free at weekends and evenings and certainly cheaper than the 0844 route whatever time they called.The reason they don''t of course was confirmed by the knowing smile from the person in the ticket office who sold me my Wigan tickets later in the week......

[quote user="Larry David"]

Most businesses generate around 5p per minute, per call on an 0844 number.

[/quote]

Well, Larry, I can only conclude that I am fortunate to live in a country where, if a business attempted to generate telephone revenue for callers/customers who were unable to promptly get through ( never mind some of the delays mentioned on this thread ), then those businesses would promptly go "Out Of Business."