Sign in to follow this  
Gingerpele

Do you think we will sign anyone else?

We know Lambert has signed the amount of players he wanted, but do you think we could see another face before September 1st?

I think, baring in mind we have already have had a few injuries, Lambert may just be keeping his eye open for a decent utility player, just to add a bit more depth to the squad in case we pick up any more injuries.

Tonight, we are only playing in the League cup, but if Lambert wants to play two ''proper'' centre backs, he''s probably going to have to play the two who are going to be starting on saturday, as two injuries and a suspension rule out the other three.

Two of our five main strikers have been injured, one a minor who i think we can expect to be fit for Chelsea, but probably not tonight, and one who''s missed 2/3 weeks already, and won''t be fit for another couple, but then needs to catch up with match fitness, which if you remember back to Holt last season, isn''t going to happen instantly.

I don''t think we need someone urgently, i just have a feeling, we may sign someone else.

(Not a goal keeper though :P)

To be brief, "No".

With only a week to go, unless there is an injury to a vital player (- who would that be?), there would be time, but with such a large squad already it is difficult to see a new player otherwise.

In short, "No".

Unless there is a serious injury to a vital player (who would that be?), with only a week to go and a full squad already, it is difficult to see further signings.

yes I believe we have all our signings.

Some would say we may look at a keeper but I guess maybe an emergency loan or we would look to sign a keeper who is out of contract.

Lansbury and Pacheco, as much as i have supported any notion that they may come here, it looks as if they are not in our plans. Think that may be a little short-sighted but if the players, teams and coaches don''t want the move then there is no point in pursuing. January lets see, the last thing we all want is us desperately needing a player/ position in January.

However I do hope a few players leave the club.

as you are thinking of a utility player and your main concerns are for a CB and striker, how about getting the Ginger Pele back on a pay as you play?[:D]