Sign in to follow this  
NCFC4LIFE

Tonights starting 11

Rudd    R.Martin    DeLaet     Ayala       Tierney                             Fox                K.Smith         Surman                          C.Martin                  Jackson        Holt

All new starting XI from Saturday:                          

Rudd

R.Martin    Francomb     Ayala       Drury

Fox

K.Smith         Surman

Hoolahan

Jackson        Wilbraham

He will defo play the diamond, maybe francomb instead of Tierney at lb, as Lambert rates him and had a good preseason. Lambert did come out and say if we are in it then we will go out to win it.Can see him playing Ayala and DeLaet so they can get use to playing together.

Rudd

Martin Ayala De Laet Drury

Adeyemi

Smith PIlkington/Lappin

Martin

Wilbraham Jackson

I''d like to see Ayala and De Laet play together as I think when Ayala gets back to match sharpness they will be our first choice at the back and it''ll be good for them to get to play alongside each other and forge a strong partnership.

Can''t wait to go to my first home competitive game of the season. Missed Sunday due to V.

[quote user="Mahogany"]Rudd

Martin Francombe Drury Lappin

Adeyemi Fox Smith

Cody Wilbraham Jackson[/quote]

No way Francombe will play at CB and I can''t see Cody playing at all! Though I would love to be proven wrong as im a big fan

[quote user="SnakepitCanary"]I''d like to see Ayala and De Laet play together as I think when Ayala gets back to match sharpness they will be our first choice at the back and it''ll be good for them to get to play alongside each other and forge a strong partnership.

Can''t wait to go to my first home competitive game of the season. Missed Sunday due to V.[/quote]I also agree that the pairing of DeLaet and Ayala will probably be Lamberts first choice but I think CB is one of our strongest position when all fit. We need to get some continuity though as our first 2 games DeLaet who has been outstanding both away at Wigan and Home to Stoke has had a different partner. If he plays Ayala tonight with DeLaet that gives them an important opportuntiy to get an understanding before the Chelsea game on Saturday.

Whilst I can see the sense of playing of De Laet and Ayala together tonight, I thought Lambert wanted to give the players who played the majority of the game on Sunday a rest, and I don''t think it''s worth the risk of De Laet possibly picking up an injury. Remember, it''s not vital that Ayala and De Laet form an understanding tonight as Barnett will be available Saturday and possibly Whitbread, as he nearly made the Stoke game; also after we went down to 10 men, Ayala and De Laet played together during a spell when our defence was under great pressure, this would have been more benefical than playing together tonight I believe.

Rudd

R.Martin     Ayala      Whitbread(if fit)      Drury

Fox

Smith                       Surman

Hoolahan

Morison(if fit)    Jackson

I''m not sure how far James Vaughan and  Elliot Ward are from returning, but Lambert said they would only miss the first few weeks of the season, so it may be a bit soon but hopefully we will get a pleasent surprise with them on the bench.

[quote user="alysha"]

Whilst I can see the sense of playing of De Laet and Ayala together tonight, I thought Lambert wanted to give the players who played the majority of the game on Sunday a rest, and I don''t think it''s worth the risk of De Laet possibly picking up an injury. Remember, it''s not vital that Ayala and De Laet form an understanding tonight as Barnett will be available Saturday and possibly Whitbread, as he nearly made the Stoke game; also after we went down to 10 men, Ayala and De Laet played together during a spell when our defence was under great pressure, this would have been more benefical than playing together tonight I believe.

Rudd

Fox

Hoolahan

I''m not sure how far James Vaughan and  Elliot Ward are from returning, but Lambert said they would only miss the first few weeks of the season, so it may be a bit soon but hopefully we will get a pleasent surprise with them on the bench.

[/quote]I dont think Lambert has a choice tonight, Whitbread wont come straight in after an injury and Barnett is suspended for tonights game so i think he will have to play Ayala and DeLaet from the start. Dont think Barnett will start on saturday even if he is avaliable. Morison wont be risked tonight, if he doesnt play Holt and Jackson with Martin behing, it will be Martin and Jackson with Hoops behind.Ward was on crutches on Sunday at the Stoke game and Vaughan is back in two weeks from Saturday when he answered a tweets.

I think the team will be:

Rudd

Francombe R.Martin Ayala Drury

Macnamee Fox Smith Surman

Jackson Wilbraham

[quote user="NCFC4LIFE"][quote user="alysha"]

Rudd

Fox

Hoolahan

[/quote]

I dont think Lambert has a choice tonight, Whitbread wont come straight in after an injury and Barnett is suspended for tonights game so i think he will have to play Ayala and DeLaet from the start. Dont think Barnett will start on saturday even if he is avaliable.

Morison wont be risked tonight, if he doesnt play Holt and Jackson with Martin behing, it will be Martin and Jackson with Hoops behind.

Ward was on crutches on Sunday at the Stoke game and Vaughan is back in two weeks from Saturday when he answered a tweets.
[/quote]

Good news about Vaughan, the international break will help matters; a shame to hear Ward is on crutches though, maybe his injury is worse than first thought,

I''d go:

Rudd

R Martin, Francomb, Ayala, Drury

Fox

K Smith Surman

C Martin

Wilbraham Jackson

Gives all the fringe players a real chance to shine and show just how much they want to force themselves into the first team. This is an ideal game really, as after the last two games we have a slight idea what players will be used regularly this season.

I hope Korey Smith has a good game and is one of the players who forces his way into the side.

Personally cannot see anyone who started on Saturday in the starting line-up this evening.

They would only have had 2 days to recover, which would surely not be enough.

Certainly cannot see De Laet being risked, especially as we already lost Ward & Whitbread as CBs.

Can see the subs from Saturday all getting a full game, supplemented by fringe players like Wilbraham, Drury, Lappin and Francomb.

Lambert is god, we only have two fit first team defenders available though. If De Leat doesn''t play, Drury would probably have to play CB.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Lambert is god, we only have two fit first team defenders available though. If De Leat doesn''t play, Drury would probably have to play CB.[/quote]Ginger thanks for reiterating my point.I dont think Lambert has a choice tonight, Whitbread wont come straight

in after an injury and Barnett is suspended for tonights game so i think

he will have to play Ayala and DeLaet from the start. Dont think

Barnett will start on saturday even if he is avaliable.

[quote user="NCFC4LIFE"][quote user="Gingerpele"]Lambert is god, we only have two fit first team defenders available though. If De Leat doesn''t play, Drury would probably have to play CB.[/quote]

Ginger thanks for reiterating my point.

I dont think Lambert has a choice tonight, Whitbread wont come straight in after an injury and Barnett is suspended for tonights game so i think he will have to play Ayala and DeLaet from the start. Dont think Barnett will start on saturday even if he is avaliable.

[/quote]

I hope he doesnt play Latte, if he gets injured that would just leave us with Ayala for the Chelsea game.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]No for the Chelsea game we have Barnett back, and probably/possibly Whitbread.[/quote]

True but I''d rather have Latte playing against Chelsea with Barnett, which he wont if he gets injured tonight.

Dont think any of the starting 11 against Stoke will start tonight anyway.

[quote user="alysha"]

Rudd

Fox

Hoolahan

[/quote]

I guess you''ll all know by now that I''m Lambert''s assistant [;)]