Sign in to follow this  
Nexus_Canary

Off Topic - Nasri to Moneycheat City

Frankly sickening, I know Arse have had a pretty torrid time yet Man City ?I hate these guys worse than Chelski in thier bid to buy a trophey cabinet. I would have though some of these players would have more class than to move to the likes of Man City :(At least Manure are a respectable club in many ways and Fergie (love or hate him ) is a man that commands respect.English football is just cruising down the toilet with Chelski and MoneyCheat City leading them down.

Without all this money the prem wouldn''t be able to bring some of the worlds best players to it in the modern economy.

Its the best thing about Norwich being in the prem, being able to play against teams with such players and hopefully putting these over paid idiots in their places every now and again.

Why would it be about having class.

Its about Money, know one else is offering the kind of money Man.C are offering players they want. A few footballers might reject them in order for more likely success (Going to Barca for example) or because they don''t want to leave there team.

But you have to remember, for these players its their livelihood, why on earth would Nasri stay at Arsenal, if Man.C are going to pay him more?

Money doesn''t buy you everything and how long before it all goes bang!

Also, look at the players who moved to Man City with £ signs in their eyes and whose careers have gone downhill.

I can see what your saying there GP but what sickens me is the fact that Nasri definatly earnt more than all the posters in this thread combined over a year in less than 6 months !!Why would he need anymore cash ?And as pointed out, Moneycheat City is the career waste land of tallent.Frankly if I was 19-21 and about to burst onto the world football scene I would rather play for someone like Norwich , Villa,  Wolves and get first team week in week out than sit on the bench at the likes of Chelsea or Man City !!!!

Its easy to say that when your not a footballer though.

In theory i would much rather play for Norwich than Man.C, but if Man.C offered more money, well thats probably what it comes down to for most people.

There have been a few players who have fallen at Man.C, but you only have to watch there last two games to see how well the players all play, and maybe having a huge squad full of players with talent can spur some people on, knowing they really have to play well to keep playing.

I don''t like what there doing, but there is nothing that can be done about it, and as long as they play decent football (which they didn''t as much last season, lots of defending from what i saw, and not as much classy attacking as the previous two games) at least they are worth watching.

This is ridiculous, one player on that much There only a Russian team, they could probably get 5-6 quality players with that much and completely dominate the rest of the teams in their league, one player can''t change everything. (unless of course they have already signed other decent players)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14610186.stm

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]I can see what your saying there GP but what sickens me is the fact that Nasri definatly earnt more than all the posters in this thread combined over a year in less than 6 months !!Why would he need anymore cash ?And as pointed out, Moneycheat City is the career waste land of tallent.Frankly if I was 19-21 and about to burst onto the world football scene I would rather play for someone like Norwich , Villa,  Wolves and get first team week in week out than sit on the bench at the likes of Chelsea or Man City !!!![/quote]That sentiment would take a big test if Man City came and offered you a longer contract on double the money (as they have with Nasri). All footballers have the knowledge in the back of their head that one bad tackle could mean their career is over. Also you can actually achieve something and win a trophy with a team like Man City rather a team like Villa or Wolves (I hold out hope for Norwich).Nearly everyone will constantly strive to make more money - look at people like Bill Gates, Donald Trump or even Branson. They are stupidly rich but they always attempted to expand their empires and make more money - it''s human nature.

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]I can see what your saying there GP but what sickens me is the fact that Nasri definatly earnt more than all the posters in this thread combined over a year in less than 6 months !!Why would he need anymore cash ?And as pointed out, Moneycheat City is the career waste land of tallent.Frankly if I was 19-21 and about to burst onto the world football scene I would rather play for someone like Norwich , Villa,  Wolves and get first team week in week out than sit on the bench at the likes of Chelsea or Man City !!!![/quote]That sentiment would take a big test if Man City came and offered you a longer contract on double the money (as they have with Nasri). All footballers have the knowledge in the back of their head that one bad tackle could mean their career is over. Also you can actually achieve something and win a trophy with a team like Man City rather a team like Villa or Wolves (I hold out hope for Norwich).Nearly everyone will constantly strive to make more money - look at people like Bill Gates, Donald Trump or even Branson. They are stupidly rich but they always attempted to expand their empires and make more money - it''s human nature.

Its decades since the prem was NOT won by a big spending club so I struggle to understand the vitriol to citeh currently or chelski before.

Greed is prevalent and has been for so long - and its teh same at every level in the uk - the champs more often than not are high spenders. What it does not guarantee is winning it - but is does stack the odds!

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]Frankly sickening, I know Arse have had a pretty torrid time yet Man City ?I hate these guys worse than Chelski in thier bid to buy a trophey cabinet. I would have though some of these players would have more class than to move to the likes of Man City :(At least Manure are a respectable club in many ways and Fergie (love or hate him ) is a man that commands respect.English football is just cruising down the toilet with Chelski and MoneyCheat City leading them down.[/quote]It''s Wenger''s fault. He had built up a kitty of £110m and his players and fans were desperate for him to use that to buy experienced players. Fabregas stayed on the promise that the club would challenge for trophies, Nasri then watched their only truly world class player leave. That £110m was built up BEFORE the departure of Fabregas too. Instead of the top class experienced keeper, defender, and striker that the squad wanted and the fans wanted, he went and spent £15m on a player who won''t be ready for first team football for four years. How long does Wenger expect the likes of Nasri and Fabregas to wait for a bunch and 19 or 20 year olds to become good enough?Wenger is losing the plot, Arsenal attendances are falling (well, season ticket sales have anyway), and their squad will be lucky to finish in the top six. Nasri apparently turned down a move to Chelsea when joining Arsenal, so clearly expected better things and wasn''t all out for the money.

[quote user="LeJuge"][quote user="Nexus_Canary"]Frankly sickening, I know Arse have had a pretty torrid time yet Man City ?I hate these guys worse than Chelski in thier bid to buy a trophey cabinet. I would have though some of these players would have more class than to move to the likes of Man City :(At least Manure are a respectable club in many ways and Fergie (love or hate him ) is a man that commands respect.English football is just cruising down the toilet with Chelski and MoneyCheat City leading them down.[/quote]It''s Wenger''s fault. He had built up a kitty of £110m and his players and fans were desperate for him to use that to buy experienced players. Fabregas stayed on the promise that the club would challenge for trophies, Nasri then watched their only truly world class player leave. That £110m was built up BEFORE the departure of Fabregas too. Instead of the top class experienced keeper, defender, and striker that the squad wanted and the fans wanted, he went and spent £15m on a player who won''t be ready for first team football for four years. How long does Wenger expect the likes of Nasri and Fabregas to wait for a bunch and 19 or 20 year olds to become good enough?Wenger is losing the plot, Arsenal attendances are falling (well, season ticket sales have anyway), and their squad will be lucky to finish in the top six. Nasri apparently turned down a move to Chelsea when joining Arsenal, so clearly expected better things and wasn''t all out for the money. [/quote]Yep it''s all the fault of the one manager who wants to train up young players instead of forking out millions for them.And your comment about season tickets is just plain wrong - Arsenal have a waiting list of 60,000 and it generally takes about 8 years to get one.Wenger took Arsenal to an unbeaten season when the most expensive player in his squad cost £11m.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]This is ridiculous, one player on that much There only a Russian team, they could probably get 5-6 quality players with that much and completely dominate the rest of the teams in their league, one player can''t change everything. (unless of course they have already signed other decent players)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14610186.stm[/quote]They have already bought Yuri Zhirkov from Chelsea and Balasz Dzsudzak from PSV, they must have an Abramovich type figure at the helm. Roberto Carlos plays for them too. Can anybody really blame Eto''o though? He only plays for Cameroon so isn''t going to have to be in a top league to get his International call ups, is 30 so this is probably his last massive contract, unless he goes to Qatar after that, and the tax rate is a mere 13%. He is getting paid £345,000, on which he is taxed just 13%, for three years. In fact, I think he is getting £345k after tax. Nobody has shown any real loyalty to Eto''o though, have they? He scored 36 goals in his last season at Barcelona before being used as a part of the package to get Ibrahimovich, they paid about £40m and Eto''o for Ibrahimovic, who only scored 16 goals in his first season before being shipped out on loan. He certainly didn''t owe La Liga anything, he suffered horrific racial abuse and broke down in tears numerous times on the pitch. Then at Inter, they made no real effort to keep him, preferring to cash in. They had their price, and the price was met. The clubs are just as guilty of being greedy as the players. He went for about £30m. So Inter Milan have pretty much sold Ibrahimovic to Barcelona for £70m, when you add the Eto''o revenues. When a club makes a profit it is called "business", when a player looks for money it is called "greed", yet at the top of those clubs are people who slice off profit as dividends.... so players are entitled to use football as a business too. He didn''t owe Inter anything either, they got the price that they asked for. They are currently in breech of UEFA regulations for spending too much money as well. Eto''o had a three year deal there, they didn''t have to cash in.Eto''o had his best ever season last year, 37 goals including 21 in Serie A. Inter Milan chose to sell, and are now after Kaka and Forlan. African players are often the most generous with their cash anyway, they give a lot away to African countries, so I''m not bothered. He has a charity helping mothers and children in Cameroon, and helps set up telecommunications, he has another charity called Fundesport which does a similar thing to Bellamys charity, his transfer to Russia was delayed because he was in Cameroon opening a new hospital which he helped pay for. I think its Drogba who gives half of his money away, and it is said that Eto''o does more than most players too. We need to look at our own super rich footballers and see what charities they have, it says a lot that Bellamy is one of the few British players to give a fair bit back, you would never see the Ashley Cole Foundation or the John Terry Trust, just wouldn''t happen. Fair play to him, money from Russian crooks going back into Africa, I''m all for it.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"][quote user="LeJuge"][quote user="Nexus_Canary"]Frankly sickening, I know Arse have had a pretty torrid time yet Man City ?I hate these guys worse than Chelski in thier bid to buy a trophey cabinet. I would have though some of these players would have more class than to move to the likes of Man City :(At least Manure are a respectable club in many ways and Fergie (love or hate him ) is a man that commands respect.English football is just cruising down the toilet with Chelski and MoneyCheat City leading them down.[/quote]It''s Wenger''s fault. He had built up a kitty of £110m and his players and fans were desperate for him to use that to buy experienced players. Fabregas stayed on the promise that the club would challenge for trophies, Nasri then watched their only truly world class player leave. That £110m was built up BEFORE the departure of Fabregas too. Instead of the top class experienced keeper, defender, and striker that the squad wanted and the fans wanted, he went and spent £15m on a player who won''t be ready for first team football for four years. How long does Wenger expect the likes of Nasri and Fabregas to wait for a bunch and 19 or 20 year olds to become good enough?Wenger is losing the plot, Arsenal attendances are falling (well, season ticket sales have anyway), and their squad will be lucky to finish in the top six. Nasri apparently turned down a move to Chelsea when joining Arsenal, so clearly expected better things and wasn''t all out for the money. [/quote]Yep it''s all the fault of the one manager who wants to train up young players instead of forking out millions for them.And your comment about season tickets is just plain wrong - Arsenal have a waiting list of 60,000 and it generally takes about 8 years to get one.Wenger took Arsenal to an unbeaten season when the most expensive player in his squad cost £11m. [/quote]My heart bleeds for a club with £110m stashed away but still hiked up season ticket prices for their fans this year. I stand corrected about the season ticket waiting lists. Arsenal won''t win a single other thing under Wenger. The cheapest season ticket at Arsenal is £951 by the way. Your reference to the unbeaten season only really serves to support my point though. Wenger has lost the plot. In that squad you had Lehmann, Lauren, Campbell, and Bergkamp. None of those were bought young. Unless Wenger is prepared to buy experience like he used to, they won''t win a single other trophy under his management.They haven''t won anything for 6 years mate, he is old news, he has lost the plot just like Rafa Benitez lost the plot a Liverpool. His most successful team still had Dixon, Seamen, Keown, Adams, Bergkamp, Wiltord, and Kanu in it.His own reputation went to his head, and he began to believe that he was a genuis with a midas touch who could turn every player into a Vieira or Henry. So he started buying nothing but kids. You don''t win anything with kids, as he proves year in year out in the League Cup and FA Cup. Go and look at that 2000/2001 squad, count the kids. He didn''t always used to manage this way, and that is why I believe (and many Arsenal fans believe) that he is losing the plot.He is simply stubborn, and that is precisely why he turns down the chance to buy world class strikers and perseveres with distinctly average  players like Bendtner and Almunia. The fact that he has lost the plot and Arsenal look less like winning something every year is precisely the reason why Fabregas, Clichy, and Nasri have left. The former had been desperate for years for Wenger to sign a few top class players.

[quote user="LeJuge"][quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"][quote user="LeJuge"][quote user="Nexus_Canary"]Frankly sickening, I know Arse have had a pretty torrid time yet Man City ?I hate these guys worse than Chelski in thier bid to buy a trophey cabinet. I would have though some of these players would have more class than to move to the likes of Man City :(At least Manure are a respectable club in many ways and Fergie (love or hate him ) is a man that commands respect.English football is just cruising down the toilet with Chelski and MoneyCheat City leading them down.[/quote]It''s Wenger''s fault. He had built up a kitty of £110m and his players and fans were desperate for him to use that to buy experienced players. Fabregas stayed on the promise that the club would challenge for trophies, Nasri then watched their only truly world class player leave. That £110m was built up BEFORE the departure of Fabregas too. Instead of the top class experienced keeper, defender, and striker that the squad wanted and the fans wanted, he went and spent £15m on a player who won''t be ready for first team football for four years. How long does Wenger expect the likes of Nasri and Fabregas to wait for a bunch and 19 or 20 year olds to become good enough?Wenger is losing the plot, Arsenal attendances are falling (well, season ticket sales have anyway), and their squad will be lucky to finish in the top six. Nasri apparently turned down a move to Chelsea when joining Arsenal, so clearly expected better things and wasn''t all out for the money. [/quote]Yep it''s all the fault of the one manager who wants to train up young players instead of forking out millions for them.And your comment about season tickets is just plain wrong - Arsenal have a waiting list of 60,000 and it generally takes about 8 years to get one.Wenger took Arsenal to an unbeaten season when the most expensive player in his squad cost £11m. [/quote]My heart bleeds for a club with £110m stashed away but still hiked up season ticket prices for their fans this year. I stand corrected about the season ticket waiting lists. Arsenal won''t win a single other thing under Wenger. The cheapest season ticket at Arsenal is £951 by the way. Your reference to the unbeaten season only really serves to support my point though. Wenger has lost the plot. In that squad you had Lehmann, Lauren, Campbell, and Bergkamp. None of those were bought young. Unless Wenger is prepared to buy experience like he used to, they won''t win a single other trophy under his management.They haven''t won anything for 6 years mate, he is old news, he has lost the plot just like Rafa Benitez lost the plot a Liverpool. His most successful team still had Dixon, Seamen, Keown, Adams, Bergkamp, Wiltord, and Kanu in it.His own reputation went to his head, and he began to believe that he was a genuis with a midas touch who could turn every player into a Vieira or Henry. So he started buying nothing but kids. You don''t win anything with kids, as he proves year in year out in the League Cup and FA Cup. Go and look at that 2000/2001 squad, count the kids. He didn''t always used to manage this way, and that is why I believe (and many Arsenal fans believe) that he is losing the plot.He is simply stubborn, and that is precisely why he turns down the chance to buy world class strikers and perseveres with distinctly average  players like Bendtner and Almunia. The fact that he has lost the plot and Arsenal look less like winning something every year is precisely the reason why Fabregas, Clichy, and Nasri have left. The former had been desperate for years for Wenger to sign a few top class players. [/quote]I''m not totally defending Arsenal or Wenger. Some of what you say is true. There are of course many caveats etc. The development of the Emriates has cost Arsenal a lot of money and the sales of the houses at Highbury were hit but the housing bubble bursting, this stifled Arsenal''s budget, also the board have always be reluctant to spend money - Wenger has often been seen as being to blame but if you ask David Dein (who walked out due to the board''s reluctance to spend) the problem has been higher up.Wenger has an ideological view, that is true and he is always on the search for ''value'' but he has spent money, Nasri was £16m for example. The problem for Arsenal has been that teams with greater willingness and resources have tempted away their best players for a few years, and the Arsenal board have always been a little to nice for their own good (they remind me of the old Norwich board in a way) meaning Arsenal have lost out on the signing of several players e.g. Mata was whisked away from them by Chelsea''s money. Wenger would love to spend £30m on someone like Benzema or a player like that, but he just can''t offer the wages - to hide this fact he brings in young players in the hope to train them up. Arsenal''s scouting and coaching IS second to none and players like Ramsey, Wilshere and Frimpong who are all around 20 could potentially be an amazing all British midfield. The problem is that in a couple of years a richer team of the moment might come along and offer Wilshere twice the money he is now on.It''s hard to say whether Arsene has ''lost it'' or not, he is still amazing at spotting potential players and he redefined football in England when he first arrived. I guess the next 8 days will prove critical to Arsenal and Arsene, and although there are obvious weaknesses in the Arsenal team you feel with one or two good purchases they will be as strong (if not stronger) than last season.

Wenger looked a desperate and Beaten man during Match of the day Saturday... Manchester united next and 1 point from their first 2 games...The boos that rang round the Emirates were telling... could a defeat see the first managerial casualty of the season? I think he''ll jump before he gets pushed....