Sign in to follow this  
spencer 1970

mk dons carling cup thread

...I can believe there isnt a thread already, so I''ve started one.

I can''t fathom what I am hearing as they are all over us, we can hit the target, they''ve had all the play, & Hoolahan and Ayala are off injured...

...can anyone help me out with a positive from tonight?

PL has never lost back to back competative games in the same season  -- and we atre premier league.But apart from that, err no!

Well, hopefully we just aren''t bothered. All players don''t want to go in hard for a 50/50 in case of injury, which would mean missing the Chelsea game. On the point of the Chelsea, we are fully focused for Chelsea, so this game is little more than an inconvenience.

Having said that, if we are trying to win it''s an embarrasment and either way the fans should be given a full refund.

A Premier League club losing 4-0 at home to a League One club under any circumstances is a disgrace. Whatever players we play we should be able to get a result at home against MK Dons.

All in all, it fills me with very little confidence of anything other than a drubbing at the hands of Chelsea. Don''t be surprised to see Chelsea 6 - 1 Norwich as the final score.

Third game in and still no goals from our strikers (counting Hoolahan as attacking midfield).

My biggest problem with this result is that every preview of the Chelsea v Norwich game will now begin: "Coming off the back of a 4-0 home defeat to League One MK Dons, Norwich...".

One thing that really pisses me off is the fans booing, jesus christ who really gives a shit bout that carling cup, its all about staying up in the Premier League and we have done fine so far.

This is a competition for fringe players to get competitive game time or match fitness. There is no excuse for a performance like tonights.

Premier League players should be more professional. Look how Stoke pulled their socks up at half time despite having a heavy schedule.

No excuses for Paul Lamberts first no show.

I don''t quite understand the result either...

If the reason for us getting thrashed is that we aren''t bothered, or that the players don''t like being used as a reserve team player, then all the talk of having a ''hungry'' group of players with a great ''team spirit'' must be rubbish.

Ayala isnt playing well, hopefully he will grow into the game, but from what ive seen, im not impressed... yet.

Drury has played poor, and i still think we need a left-back as cover to Tierney, in case of injury/suspension.

Hoolahan injured is very unfortunate, and I don''t understand why Lambert risked it with him in the team tonight. Hopefully its only a small problem for him.

[quote user="G"]

One thing that really pisses me off is the fans booing, jesus christ who really gives a shit bout that carling cup, its all about staying up in the Premier League and we have done fine so far.

[/quote]

Exactly

To be fair to those fans booing, they have done something we didn''t do: go to the game. There''s a lot of people who can''t get to or afford to go to league games, and they are quite probably feeling a little short-changed....butt they should have perhaps realised it would not be our main guys tonight, only 48 hours after the Stoke game.

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]The fans are entitled to boo because unlike a number of our players they actually turned up tonight.[/quote]

More fool them then [:)]  We have never done very well in recent years in cup games, so why they expected anything different tonight with mostly fringe players im not sure

[quote user="G"]

[/quote]

Crap result, but the booing makes the ''supporters'' just as bad in my book. I respect that cheering the team off emphatically maybe a bit much - they already know they''ve not performed to the usual standards - but we all know what effect booing can have on the team and spirit within the camp.....

Am I the only person who finds this deeply worrying? These are players that we will have to rely on at times during this season.That''s 11 of our 25 men in the best league in the world. Lambert ALWAYS wants to win, all this not being bothered stuff is stupid, he would want to win if he was managing the under 8''s for a day in a friendly against Burton Albion under 8''s, he will be furious.In that team were the keeper that we have to rely on if Ruddy gets injured, the left back that we have to play if Tierney gets injured, a right back who everybody thought was one of our best players before getting ripped to shreds by Victor Moses, two of our only four fit centre backs, including one that we just paid more for than we spent on Grant Holt. A centre mid who people were tipping to be the next Charlie Adam, Hoolahan who is a first teamer, and Surman and Jackson who saw some action on Sunday. These aren''t players who aren''t going to get a look in, it wasn''t even our reserve squad, it was half of our first team squad. I think that it was a terrible result, I wasn''t there but the scoreline speaks for itself. How a team consisting of Martin, Whitbread, Smith, Fox, Hoolahan, Surman, and Jackson, can lose at home to a League one team is beyond me. Lambert will care, he will be bloody furious, and so should everybody who paid for a ticket. I don''t think that its the slightest bit disgusting that people booed them off, if you pay for a ticket then you have the right too, frankly. I should imagine that a few of them got some home truths.

[quote user="G"]

[/quote]

I agree, the most important thing we can do know is forget that this ever happened. Im sure Lambert will give them a bit of a shouting.

If we go into the Chelsea away game with the 4-0 defeat hanging over our heads, we will be doomed.

We need to move on and hopefully the fans wont turn on the team.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]The fans are entitled to boo because unlike a number of our players they actually turned up tonight.[/quote]

More fool them then [:)]  We have never done very well in recent years in cup games, so why they expected anything different tonight with mostly fringe players im not sure

[/quote]

Can''t believe you seem fairly happy about us losing tonight. Irrelevant of the circumstances we got thrashed at home against a League One club. Had we played well, been a bit unlucky and lost 2-1 say then that would be a different story. We lost 4-0 FFS, we couldn''t even score!

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]Is that why you didn''t go WAY? It is certainly a big reason I didn''t.[/quote]

Yes to be honest, said last season that I wouldn''t go anymore to cup games, we have never been that good recently, and to me it''s a 45 minute journey there and longer back, when hand on heart this cup means nothing to me.

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]The fans are entitled to boo because unlike a number of our players they actually turned up tonight.[/quote]Yes your right, nothing wrong with a bit of a boo to shake them up. I bet they would be getting a lot worse from Lambert and Culverhouse, perhaps with the exception of Whitbread who has had an injury and Ayala who is "settling in". Really not convinced by that Ayala bloke though, he looked lightweight, and a bit of a headless chicken if you ask me. The excuse was that he doesn''t know everybodies name. That isn''t an excuse for not knowing what yellow looks like, unless you are colour blind.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]

Can''t believe you seem fairly happy about us losing tonight. Irrelevant of the circumstances we got thrashed at home against a League One club. Had we played well, been a bit unlucky and lost 2-1 say then that would be a different story. We lost 4-0 FFS, we couldn''t even score!

[/quote]

So what should I be hanging myself, get a grip for gods sake

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]To be fair to those fans booing, they have done something we didn''t do: go to the game. There''s a lot of people who can''t get to or afford to go to league games, and they are quite probably feeling a little short-changed....butt they should have perhaps realised it would not be our main guys tonight, only 48 hours after the Stoke game.[/quote]Martin,Ayala, Whitbread ,Fox,Surman,Hoolahan,Morison, Jackson , those can be classed our main guys and will play a part in the Premiership , they should have been able to see off the MK Dons at home.

But what is booing actually doing? Making us look like we are pretty ungrateful to the players and that after 1 loss we don''t support them, if we had lost our last 4 and had just been relegated to league 1 i can understand it but after successive promotions these players have given there all for this club. I would have been going.

Yep, I''m with most of you on fans boo''ing...its their choice, but personally I''ve never done it at a football ground...its all a bit "mother goose/buttons" for me, I''ll keep that one exclusive for the panto.

still a shocking result no matter who we put out (I have to add, even though its a different 11 to sunday, there were 5 from the Wigan game) or that it was only the CC cup.

I hope the club get it out of there system for saturday if not we could be in for a hiding...and I''ve just had £50 taken out of my bank for that one. eeek!

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

So what should I be hanging myself, get a grip for gods sake

[/quote]

No, but just brushing it off as a meaningless game is short sighted in the extreme!

Talk about over-reacting.

All of the side were here last season but for Ayala.

Had this happened last year no doubt you''d claim it meant we''d have no chance regarding promotion.

I don''t dispute the performance was a disgrace tonight even if we''re not focused on a cup run but we all know that the players out there are better than that, having done so much to get us where we are now. It''s just got to put it down as a bad day at the office and everybody move on.

This might be an odd view point, but loosing 4-0 might not be such a bad thing.

yes i know it puts our back to back defeat record at risk, but it might give the players a kick up the backside.

they will want to prove themselves in the next games, they will probably give that little bit more in training.

Lambert will rip into them, and so they will want to regain his trust...

and dont forget, now we dont have to play in the next round, the players will be able to rest and recover when we would have been playing.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Hardly a "reserve" team line-up either, Wilbraham and Smith excepted....Losing 4-0 to MK Dons suggests it was little more than a training game, which is harsh on the 13,000 who paid money to watch.[/quote]I add Drury and Rudd to that list of reserve players, probably Lappin if you want to count the subs. There is no way that Lambert intends to use Drury this year, if we have the centre backs available then De Laet will play left back if Tierney gets injured or suspended.

There are 7 or 8 players in tonight''s game who would be expected to step into the breach against the likes of Man U and Arsenal if necessary, yet they can''t perform against a League One side. The fact that we were hammered is deeply worrying - anyone saying otherwise is deluding themselves.