Sign in to follow this  
im spartacus canary

look east interview ban?

Is this Look East''s decision as part of their "do not report any actual news" policy?  Or did the club do it?Hopefully they will give Alex Dolan longer on screen.

Think the club got heartily sick of the obvious bias towards the scum last season by Look East that they have said no interviews. Well I hope thats what it is.[:P]

David McNally has an issue with them, someone said it''s to do with Dion Dublin''s CMS rumour

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Is this Look East''s decision as part of their "do not report any actual news" policy?  Or did the club do it?Hopefully they will give Alex Dolan longer on screen.[/quote]If they do that, I reckon I will finally go blind.

[quote user="Hoolahans Ped"]please do explain as i didn''t really watch look east.....
[/quote]

---

Posters will correct me, but if I have understood correctly the supposed reason is this:

Last season, when we were linked with Mackail-Smith, Dion Dublin said as a guest panellist on a BBC local TV show that he believed it was a done deal. The kind of thing guest pundits say all the time. As it turned, it wasn''t a done deal.

Whether that was worth any kind of ban is a matter of opinion.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[quote user="Hoolahans Ped"]please do explain as i didn''t really watch look east.....
[/quote]

---

Posters will correct me, but if I have understood correctly the supposed reason is this:

Last season, when we were linked with Mackail-Smith, Dion Dublin said as a guest panellist on a BBC local TV show that he believed it was a done deal. The kind of thing guest pundits say all the time. As it turned, it wasn''t a done deal.

[/quote]

Do they? The way that LKO built it up you would assume that it was an Official Club announcement. The programme went too far and the Beeb are reaping what it sowed.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Is this Look East''s decision as part of their "do not report any actual news" policy?  Or did the club do it?Hopefully they will give Alex Dolan longer on screen.[/quote]

Get your lecherous eyes of her.....she`s MINE!!!

[quote user="Daz Sparks"][quote user="Mister Chops"]Is this Look East''s decision as part of their "do not report any actual news" policy?  Or did the club do it?Hopefully they will give Alex Dolan longer on screen.[/quote]

Get your lecherous eyes of her.....she`s MINE!!![/quote]In website terms, she gives my Pinkun an unplanned outage.

[quote user="Joanna Grey"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[quote user="Hoolahans Ped"]please do explain as i didn''t really watch look east.....[/quote]

---

[/quote]

Do they? The way that LKO built it up you would assume that it was an Official Club announcement. The programme went too far and the Beeb are reaping what it sowed.

[/quote]Who actually suffers here?  Dion still gets work whatever.BBC LE still gets their licence fee cut.The club literally couldn''t give a sh!te really, interviews schminterviews.Oh yeah the fans come off worse.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Daz Sparks"][quote user="Mister Chops"]Is this Look East''s decision as part of their "do not report any actual news" policy?  Or did the club do it?Hopefully they will give Alex Dolan longer on screen.[/quote]

Get your lecherous eyes of her.....she`s MINE!!![/quote]In website terms, she gives my Pinkun an unplanned outage.[/quote]

Arrrgh.....that`s even worse!!! Now I know how Borat felt

[quote user="Joanna Grey"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[/quote]

---

[/quote]

[/quote]

---

Yes, they do. That is precisely the kind of thing guest pundits say all the time. And that is how it was reported at the time. That Dublin had said he had heard from a club source that we were signing Mackail-Smith. Which is why on the face of it a ban was an over-reaction. If the presenter(s) had stated it as hard fact (ie, a done deal) when it wasn''t then that would make a bit more sense, although I still can''t for the life of me see what harm would have been done.

But then that is not what you are saying happened, which is that from how the BBC built it up "you would assume it was an official club announcement". That sounds like what was said was a fairly standard build-up on the lines of "We have the latest on a big Norwich transfer move" or some such, intended to tantalise viewers and keep them watching, without being definitive. And given what Dublin was saying, the BBC was bound to go quite big on it. But the BBC can hardly be blamed for viewers jumping to an assumption too far. It is not the BBC''s fault if some fans took Dublin - a guest pundit - to be a club spokesman when he plainly wasn''t.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Joanna Grey"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[quote user="Hoolahans Ped"]please do explain as i didn''t really watch look east.....[/quote]

---

[/quote]

[/quote]

---

Yes, they do. That is precisely the kind of thing guest pundits say all the time. And that is how it was reported at the time. That Dublin had said he had heard from a club source that we were signing Mackail-Smith. Which is why on the face of it a ban was an over-reaction. If the presenter(s) had stated it as hard fact (ie, a done deal) when it wasn''t then that would make a bit more sense, although I still can''t for the life of me see what harm would have been done.

But then that is not what you are saying happened, which is that from how the BBC built it up "you would assume it was an official club announcement". That sounds like what was said was a fairly standard build-up on the lines of "We have the latest on a big Norwich transfer move" or some such, intended to tantalise viewers and keep them watching, without being definitive. And given what Dublin was saying, the BBC was bound to go quite big on it. But the BBC can hardly be blamed for viewers jumping to an assumption too far. It is not the BBC''s fault if some fans took Dublin - a guest pundit - to be a club spokesman when he plainly wasn''t.

[/quote]Cheers for the explaination, all seems a bit confusing and petty to me.

As I understand it Barry Fry leaked the news to try and build up the fee that Norwich had already agreed to pay. McNally took exception telling the Late Kick off team, who had selected Dion to be the fall guy, that they should have known the game Fry was playing. Lets face it we all know what a wheeler dealer Fry is and I for one have some sympathy with the clubs view.

All fairly embarrasing for the Late Kick Off team as they are nearly all city fans.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Joanna Grey"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[/quote]

---

[/quote]

[/quote]

---

[/quote]

1, Did you actually watch the programme?

2, Do you remember the confusion and anger on this forum when it turned out that DD was wrong?

Not sure if this has been mentioned before so apols if I am going over old ground, but the transfer news about Mickail Smith''s supposed move was already in the public domain at the time that LKO was broadcast. There was a story on the Daily Mirror website story that was published at 11.00pm and LKO goes out at 11.25pm.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Norwich-transfer-news-Canaries-look-set-to-land-Peterborough-striker-Craig-Mackail-Smith-in-a-deal-worth-up-to-3million-article713869.html

I do find it strange if this is the reason why(DD ''breaking'' the story).

If there was some truth in it, then we should have kept to what we had bid/agreed (because according to DD it was as good as a done deal)

and carried on. If that story (which was already being gossiped about in the media) had created a bidding war then we pull out, not being held to ransom by Fry.

We would have kept the ''high ground''

If it wasn''t true then so be it, nothing lost by idle media gossip.

It''s not unusual for transfer ''news'' to be in the

media (papers/internet etc) before the paperwork is signed, and apart from Sir Alex (for other reasons) I cannot recall any other Club refusing to talk to the media (BBC in his case), so I can''t see Mr McNally

making such a precedent, it would seem childish (to me) for the reasons stated.

IF it were true then I wonder if the same would have been done if we were near the bottom of League Two?

Just sitting here watching LE and the sport section has been on in which they say "our local teams are in action tonight with MK Dons travelling to Norwich City. "

I think that sums it up for me on who they see as '' local ''

[quote user="Tim Allman"]

Not sure if this has been mentioned before so apols if I am going over old ground, but the transfer news about Mickail Smith''s supposed move was already in the public domain at the time that LKO was broadcast. There was a story on the Daily Mirror website story that was published at 11.00pm and LKO goes out at 11.25pm.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Norwich-transfer-news-Canaries-look-set-to-land-Peterborough-striker-Craig-Mackail-Smith-in-a-deal-worth-up-to-3million-article713869.html

[/quote]

Indeed it was but how many of us log onto the Daily Mirror site at that time of night? That article was not mentioned on the NCFC forums until after DD broke the news on LKO. The simple facts are that DD and LKO were played for mugs by someone in London Rd hoping to get this deal through. Given that the same people then moved the goalposts as far as the transfer fees were concerned indicates that they are just a bunch of shysters. LKO and DD were naturally excited and desperate to break the news but acted unprofessionally and are now suffering for it.

I didn''t even realise Look East did sport. Aren''t they normally too busy broadcasting what Julie Reinger got up to on the weekend or some One Show knock-off about a none-story.

Can''t stand Look East.

[quote user="PKC"]As I understand it Barry Fry leaked the news to try and build up the fee that Norwich had already agreed to pay. McNally took exception telling the Late Kick off team, who had selected Dion to be the fall guy, that they should have known the game Fry was playing. Lets face it we all know what a wheeler dealer Fry is and I for one have some sympathy with the clubs view. All fairly embarrasing for the Late Kick Off team as they are nearly all city fans.[/quote]

---

If true there are some points in reply. Firstly, as you say, Fry is a wheeler-dealer. Well-known for it. If he was going to try to push up the price then he was going to do that irrespective of any leaks, and as has been mentioned the Mirror had a story that a deal was on the cards. It is not as if the deal was scuppered by what Dublin said. What scuppered it was Fry wanting more money, or changing his mind about whther he really wanted to sell.

And it is not as if this was, say, the BBC''s football correspondent stating something as a fact and gettig it wrong, or even the EDP saying "...it is understood that a deal is imminent..." This was a guest pundit without any obvious inside line to the Norwich City boardroom saying what he believed to be true. Any sensible fan would have taken that with a fair bit of salt, and waited for official confirmation, as some fans did at the time.

Secondly, it is hardly the job of the BBC or the Mirror (which has been banned as well or not?) to decide what to publish or not publish stuff purely on the basis of what suits Norwich City Football  Club. The club has a PR department for that.

I sat at the next table to Julie Reinger in Yellows recently.....Oh wow, 100% babe!

Sadly, Chris Gorham was with her. [:(]

[img]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_khnBA58ed2k/StmlETux6hI/AAAAAAAAKU0/vSOFbZCztok/s400/PDVD_036.JPG[/img]

What a pity there was no Late kick off on monday, Barry Fry could have been the guest sat next to Dion both ripping in to Matt Holland. Also with us out of the way they would have had more time to spend on analysis of the defending by our friends in blue.

What makes no sense is that Late Kick Off is not made by the Look East team (it''s not even made in-house by the BBC), so if that was the offending programme why would Look East get punished for it?

[quote user="Armchair Follower"]Is it me? or did Jenny Kirk seem to take extra delight in the reporting of last nights result against the BBC''s newest bum chums MK Dons on breakfast TV today ?[/quote]Well if she did, we can all take comfort from the fact that if you spoonerise her name it becommes Kenny Jerk.