Sign in to follow this  
norfolkbroadslim

Cody would have scored tonight!!!

Flippin disgrace he is being left out. 

He would have scored tonight had he played imho, and even if he hadn''t he would have put in more effort than the combined shower that took to the field tonight.

What did we have to lose by playing Cody tonight? Had he scored a hattrick then great, and it may have encouraged some one to stump up the 600k for him.

Unless there is something we don''t know about (an impending move, for example), he is being treated disgracefully. If we are actively trying to move him on, then it doesn''t actually make sense in putting him in the League Cup game, it may devalue him if he moves before the next round. But at current all we know is that he has been priced out of a move to some decent sized clubs including Peterborough and Sheff Wednesday, and he isn''t training with our squad, and he isn''t playing in our reserve team. He is effectively being left to rot? If he doesn''t sign for anybody by 31st August, then what the hell is he going to do? The club should lower their demands for him or put him in the 25, at the minute he is being treated terribly. Unless, he is in negotiations with some other team?

It was funny the 1st time, maybe the 2nd but the 34532 its just plain boring and rather annoying.

[quote user="LeJuge"]Unless there is something we don''t know about (an impending move, for example), he is being treated disgracefully. If we are actively trying to move him on, then it doesn''t actually make sense in putting him in the League Cup game, it may devalue him if he moves before the next round.

But at current all we know is that he has been priced out of a move to some decent sized clubs including Peterborough and Sheff Wednesday, and he isn''t training with our squad, and he isn''t playing in our reserve team.

He is effectively being left to rot? If he doesn''t sign for anybody by 31st August, then what the hell is he going to do? The club should lower their demands for him or put him in the 25, at the minute he is being treated terribly. Unless, he is in negotiations with some other team?
[/quote]

I concur......

I agree Cody would have shown more fight and passion than the shower that were on the pitch but he hasn''t been given a squad number and isn''t in PL''s plans so get over it.

I see CMS  notched his third goal of the season for Brighton tonight scoring the winner against Premiership Sunderland , feel we may have missed out on a decent player there and goalscoring is going to be a huge problem for City this season .

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

Flippin disgrace he is being left out. 

He would have scored tonight had he played imho, and even if he hadn''t he would have put in more effort than the combined shower that took to the field tonight.

What did we have to lose by playing Cody tonight? Had he scored a hattrick then great, and it may have encouraged some one to stump up the 600k for him.

[/quote]

Two words, second is OFF

I''ve no doubt that Cody would have scored, but that would have defeated the aim of a quick exit from this competition. [:D] 

[quote user="Prem1"]I see CMS  notched his third goal of the season for Brighton tonight scoring the winner against Premiership Sunderland , feel we may have missed out on a decent player there and goalscoring is going to be a huge problem for City this season .
[/quote]

Shoulda gone for Long.

Another piece of information from the Supporters Groups meeting is that the club are listening to offers for Cody, Oli, McNamee and Hughes. Obviously it would be foolish to play them and risk an injury which could affect their value.

[quote user="G"]

[quote user="Prem1"]I see CMS  notched his third goal of the season for Brighton tonight scoring the winner against Premiership Sunderland , feel we may have missed out on a decent player there and goalscoring is going to be a huge problem for City this season .
[/quote]

Shoulda gone for Long.

[/quote]

By the way, I had a longshot bet on Long at 80/1 E/W for Prem top scorer.

[quote user="Beauseant"]Another piece of information from the Supporters Groups meeting is that the club are listening to offers for Cody, Oli, McNamee and Hughes. Obviously it would be foolish to play them and risk an injury which could affect their value.[/quote]

I''ve got a feeling that Cody will sit tight and take the money in the hope that Lambert will eventually realise that he needs a goalscorer like him in the squad.