Sign in to follow this  
Carlton Canary

Club shop...

My girlfriend and I are going to the match tonight and she really wants a home shirt with Hoolahan on the back.

I went to place an order online where it said something along the lines of ''Items will need to be collected within 2 days'' so I thought I would phone to ask if I could pick it up before the game.

On the phone I got asked for all the details bla bla bla and then I said ''so can you answer my question, will this be available for collection before the game tonight''.... I got ''Sorry sir but we do not currently have any ladies shirts in stock as Errea have not supplied them''...

He was going to take my order on the phone and it was going to allow me to do it online but they haven''t even got them? Really disappointed with a) the service and b) the lack of a ladies shirt? My girlfriend is gutted :(

[quote user="Holt Bullies Bigger Boys"]My girlfriend and I are going to the match tonight and she really wants a home shirt with Hoolahan on the back. I went to place an order online where it said something along the lines of ''Items will need to be collected within 2 days'' so I thought I would phone to ask if I could pick it up before the game. On the phone I got asked for all the details bla bla bla and then I said ''so can you answer my question, will this be available for collection before the game tonight''.... I got ''Sorry sir but we do not currently have any ladies shirts in stock as Errea have not supplied them''... He was going to take my order on the phone and it was going to allow me to do it online but they haven''t even got them? Really disappointed with a) the service and b) the lack of a ladies shirt? My girlfriend is gutted :([/quote]

Why doesnt she just get a mens shirt, not a ,lot of difference IMO, she just has to try it on to see if it fits

Yes, because that is exactly the point I was making....

I don''t think the mens shirt would look to flattering and I think she would appreciate it more if it fitted in the right places...

[quote user="Holt Bullies Bigger Boys"]Yes, because that is exactly the point I was making.... I don''t think the mens shirt would look to flattering and I think she would appreciate it more if it fitted in the right places...[/quote]

You mean YOU would appreciate it more if it fitted in the right places. We all get what you''re saying [:D]

Disclaimer: This post was meant as a joke and should at no point be taken seriously as it was a jokular reference to how hot girls can look in fitted women''s shirts.

Double disclaimer: The above disclaimer was not meant to be offensive or taken as a sexist remark as it was jokular reference to Holt Bullies Bigger Boys post. Sorry ladies.

With regards to the OP... I had a similar experience with Halfords not that long ago where I ordered three items online from their 3 for 2 range to pick up in store in 4 hours time. All items were showing as in stock at my local store, I got given a reference number, they took my mobile number to contact me if there were any problems, and was told my order had been processed and would be ready to pickup after 2 hours. I get there to be told "Duh, sorry mate... We only got da bike lights. You still wanna buy dem?" To which I ever so politely responded "At which point did you think while ordering out of your 3 for 2 range would I be happy with driving 40 minutes to your store to be told you only had one item I ordered?" To which I got the intelligent response of "Duuuuuuuh, would you like me to get da manager?"