Sign in to follow this  
Rudolph Hucker

Dale Gordon on Canary Call

Very poor command of the English Language.Almost every other word used the expression "You know". The fact is we do not know and if we did we would not be listening to Dale Gordon..

I don''t think Dale Gordon is the right person for the job, it was almost as if he was defending that performance with his repeating phrase of ''''we shouldn''t assess anyone on that performance tonight and rememeber what they''ve done for the club ''''  Why not, people paid hard earned money to see that rubbish and are entitled to assess the performances if they wish.

Yes some of them may have been a bit rusty Dale and yes you have to remember what they done for the club and that some of them got us where we are, but last night''s canary call was about last night''s performance which was shambolic.

Found it quite amusing when he completely missed the point of the person who texted in saying, "this defeat will be as damaging as the one to Leyton Orient"!

[quote user="alysha"]I don''t think anyone will be as good as Neil Adams, for me. [:(][/quote]

For many years I have appreciated the quality of our local radio regarding NCFC games; Chris Goreham could work on a national station and so could Neil Adams. As a pairing they are top! (have you listened to other local station''s football coverage? Most are weak).

By having ''guest presenters'' it enables the station to test the water to find who else may have the ''X-Factor''; are they good enough? who do people like? what''s the feedback from the public like? etc.

Any faux pas can be easily rectified by BBC Radio Norfolk providing there is no medium-long term contract in place; you simply choose not to use them again!

[quote user="Norfolk Mustard"]

[quote user="alysha"]I don''t think anyone will be as good as Neil Adams, for me. [:(][/quote]

For many years I have appreciated the quality of our local radio regarding NCFC games; Chris Goreham could work on a national station and so could Neil Adams. As a pairing they are top! (have you listened to other local station''s football coverage? Most are weak).

By having ''guest presenters'' it enables the station to test the water to find who else may have the ''X-Factor''; are they good enough? who do people like? what''s the feedback from the public like? etc.

Any faux pas can be easily rectified by BBC Radio Norfolk providing there is no medium-long term contract in place; you simply choose not to use them again!

[/quote]Having guests who have never done media work just doesnt work very well.. Darren Eadie has done lots for local TV and radio before and was comfortable against Stoke.. the same would be said of Hucks, Dion, Flemmo and Iwan... giving any old random a microphone and hoping for the best spoils the enjoyment a little bit.

[/quote]

Quite agree, its not until you lose them that you appreciate just how good they are.

Still think that Darren Eadie would be the best replacement, thought he did well in the Stoke game.

[/quote]

Good point, I had never thought of it like that; I just hope they find a perminent replacement for next season, as it just seems that with guests, there is a lack of rapport with Chris Goreham and the listeners. When I think back to commentary with Chris and Neil, especially for the last minute winner against Derby, they reacted by going mad like everyone else, it sort of felt like we were all in it together, that''s what I believe will be missing without a perminent replacement.