Sign in to follow this  
nu_matik

Player ratings in brief vs MK Dons.

I thought we were absolutely shocking tonight sadly...Very little cohesion, very messy in too many areas, and  a few very worrying performances from players i''ve come to expect more from. A bad day at the office seems a little bit of an understatement. Still it is only the League cup and we have bigger fish to fry.Ratings:Rudd -  doesnt fill me with much confidence but was left exposed and could nt have done that much to stop the goals with a very shakey defence in front of him.R.Martin - seemed slow, his crossing wasnt what it has been and seemed to have lost all communication with the midfield players he should have been connecting with,Whitbread - The most solid member of the defence, good with his head as usual and put in a fairly solid performance once again.Ayala -  Worryingly shakey, too many headless chicken moments, very hesitant to tackle and stand his man up. cant see what Lambert does.Drury -  hate to say it but has he finally lost it? Slow, only the very occasional over-lap and crossing left much to be desired.Fox -  some good passing, but was side to side all day long and never made much ground nor did many of his balls over the top  come to much, mainly to Jackson who was too short just like the balls that were sent to him.K.Smith -  worst performance ive seen from him yet. Nothing went right and seemed to keep running into the centre and into trouble.Hoolahan - Did ok up until injury did better holding ball up and pushing it tosurman or Norfolk Cafu but seemed to hit a wall when it cam to ever making into the box.Surman - Fairly solid performance, looked most threatening in first half, was it him who made the terrible back pass resulting in 3rd goal? couldnt see.Jackson -  ran his socks off, tried to get on the end of everything but too many high balls over top resulting in the inevitable, had a few fair efforts on goal but must have left his scoring boots at home this eve.Wilbraham -  lively performance almost found his was through a few times, held it up well and got in some good positions but didnt get it given to him. Probs best city player for me tonight.De Laet -  in the short time he was on he looked composed, he was quick and likes to get stuck in, good to see even for a short amount of time.Lappin - Didnt see much of him to be fair, didnt do anything wrong, standard.Morisson -  Lively, got in great positions always wanted it put through to him but always fell short of him, worked it well in the channels and got a few balls in. Good work out for him.Have to say very disappointed by the overrall performance and left feleign a bit deflated by the general effort of the team for the first time  in a very long time.oh well, onwards , upwardsOTBC

were you watching the same game? surman solid? dream on!! wilbraham and Jackson ran their socks off, suggest you watch the video again, mate!!!

I imagine I did watch the same game yes being in the same ground and all. I definately saw Jackson do alot of running as I said with little/no end product.. Wilbraham was OK first half, threatened a few times. And With regards to Surman, apart from the back pass, he didnt do too much wrong he just did f**k all when it comes to creativity....I admit, solid was probs not the best word. If im totally honest I was finding it hard to actually get into it and watch fully cause there was just one embarassing bad pass after another. Spent most of the second half watching the players warming up on the sideline crying out for bennett or holt to come on and at least give a small chance of a ''performance''.

[quote user="nu_matik"]
Morisson -  Lively, got in great positions always wanted it put through to him but always fell short of him, worked it well in the channels and got a few balls in. Good work out for him.

[/quote]

I quite like Steve Morison as a player but I thought he took it pretty easy when he came on. Yeah, he got involved in build up play once or twice and tried to set people up but he didn''t look like he really wanted to know.

He knew the game was gone and just showed a couple of token gesture moments.

My Ratings would be these.....Rudd - 5 - Was left with a lot to do all game and the early goals possibly didn''t help his confidence. Second goal was down the center and he could of possibly done better.R. Martin - 4 - Some of the better stuff he did tonight was good, but then other easy mistakes let him down. At one point De Laet was lining up the offside trap and shouting Martin into position. Martin ignored this and tracked his man causing all sorts of problems. De Laet give him the look but silly mistakes like this cost us tonight.Ayala - 4 - He looked shaky, worried and I think the strikers got in his head after the first goal went in. His strength at times tonight was questionable.Whitbread - 4 - I expect he won''t be pleased with his performance tonight, aerially tonight he was very solid, on the ground however, very poor at times. Was talking well but unfortunately it wasn''t just his team mates that let him down tonight.Drury - 3 - I''ll let the 3 talk for itself. Hard to see a legend in my eyes perform as he did tonight. He won''t be happy with his efforts.Fox - 5 - Could have easily been a 4, had some craft and cracking balls into some lovely areas when the opportunities arose, unfortunately tonight a lot of the time they didn''t. Let down by his team mates.Surman - 3 - Not sure if he was supposed to be covering Drury at all, but if he was, he did as well as a chocolate fireguard. Over hit passes, under hit passes, poor touches and decisions in an error strewn performance he will want to forget.K. Smith - 3 - Brushed off the ball at times like a fly on your skin. He had spirit and was giving it a good go, but so do dogs chasing their tales. Too many shots too far off target.Hoolahan - 4 - Reminded me of a Hoolahan playing Ipswich away in 2009. Didn''t track back much and wanted to make it all happen himself. Good effort in some ways tonight, just seemed to have run out of magic for the evening.Wilbraham - 5 - Being generous as what little he had to do he did okay with, but was never going to set the game alight. His team mates either saved him his blushes or cost him some goals.Jackson - 4 - Ran around a bit, but not a lot. Everything seemed a lost cause after 2 - 0 down and far FAR too many shots off target. I''d be shocked if he tested the keeper.SUBS:Morrison: - 6 - Hard to give him more due to the short time he was on, looked sharp again, could have maybe done better with 1 chance.Lappin - 5 - Came on when we were already hung drawn and quartered. Did what was asked of him I am sure, but nothing stand out. Good performance in the circumstances.De Laer - 6 - Showed his quality when he came on, pacey, intelligent, commanding. Shame he came on too late.

If 5 is average...

Rudd - 2 (did he even make a save?)

R Martin - 5

Ayala - 5

Whitbread - 5

Drury - 2

Fox - 4

Smith - 2 (was he even on the pitch?)

Surman - 2

Hoolahan - 6

Wilbraham - 6

Jackson - 5

I think we just lost it in midfield, as evidenced by Smith''s no-show, Surman''s nightmare and Fox being off the boil. The full-backs didn''t help out at all leaving the strikers and Hoolahoop isolated.

I actually thought Rudd did well for what he had to deal with. He needed a defence he could rely on - that never appeared! He should have gained confidence and experience from last night''s match but won''t have gained much at all! People forget how little he has played for us over the last 2 seasons, cut him a bit of slack, he''s not going to brilliant and at least he tried right through until the end unlike most of our team!

Watching the team, they just didn''t gel together. Ayala and Whitbread together were not a good pairing and neither were Wilbraham and Jackson. Fox was one of the only decent performers and Surman had bursts of 10 minute intervals showing some of his skill, but like most the midfield he disappeared for most of the game.

Our lack of shots on target was disappointing and so was the overall attitude of the team as a whole.

Rudd 5

R Martin 4

Ayala 3

Whitbread 5

Drury 3

Fox 5

Surman 4

K Smith 5

Hoolahan 5

Wilbraham 5

Jackson 5