Sign in to follow this  
Dave

Please fine the starting lineup a weeks wages

Oh you mean the bulk of the squad that got us into the premiership?

Get real!!! If it wasn''t for these players we wouldn''t be where we are today. And you want to fine them a weeks wages? Unbelievable!

Guess it shows how fickle some Norwich fans really are

[quote user="Give Peas a Chance "]Oh you mean the bulk of the squad that got us into the premiership?

Get real!!! If it wasn''t for these players we wouldn''t be where we are today. And you want to fine them a weeks wages? Unbelievable!

Guess it shows how fickle some Norwich fans really are[/quote]I did that on Champ Manager once, all the players got really antsy and then I got the sack. Probably not a good idea.

Mmmm, so some people think it is okay for a Premier League team to get thrashed at home by a third tier team.  Shurely shome mishtake as we used to say!  I''ll say this only once.NOT GOOD ENOUGH!I like a cup run me,.  Are we not winners?Tonight was bullshit.

[quote user="shefcanary"]Mmmm, so some people think it is okay for a Premier League team to get thrashed at home by a third tier team.  Shurely shome mishtake as we used to say!  I''ll say this only once.NOT GOOD ENOUGH!I like a cup run me,.  Are we not winners?Tonight was bullshit.[/quote]But fining half your Premiership squad a week''s wages? Surely you can''t seriously advocate that course of action? I couldn''t possibly find a positive from tonight''s performance other than the lack of potential fixture congestion, but fining the entire team is just ridiculous.

Oh you mean the bulk of the squad that got us into the premiership?

Guess it shows how fickle some Norwich fans really are

Apologies for the duplicate post...the only thing (in my opinion) that tonight''s result has shown us is that football is a strange game and the underdog sometimes gets a result...hence we will be exactly that on Saturday afternoon in west london...who was it that said a week was a long time in football? Well should we pull off the unthinkable this weekend there we will see the true meaning of this saying.

Get a bloody grip the lot of you !!A injury vs Holt , Wes,  Crofts or anyone vs Tin Pot utd in the Milk Float Challenge Eggcup and you can kiss your PREMIER LEAGUE good buy.I think we should shake thier hands thats a extra few anoyances ( how about a nice away game at Plymouth ?? or Wales before a BIG prem game ??? ) out of the way !!Didnt we lose to Leyton Orient in a similar WTF fasion last season ?

It''s become quite obvious to me that some posters haven''t had a moan in a long while and are jumping on one awful performance in order to get it all out. We know the performance wasn''t good enough. The players know it wasn''t good enough and, most importantly, Lambert and his staff know it wasn''t good enough, yet people want to moan and will flog this dead horse to the bone despite the fact we got knocked out of a cup that no one, not even the Birmingham team that won it last year, care about.

[quote user="shefcanary"] I like a cup run me,. [/quote]

And I like to win the lottery, I probably have more chance. I can''t see why people whinge about going out of the cup(s) early, it happens every time.

Lambert''s interview before the match said it all. Or rather, his manner of saying it. I think that game was all but deliberately thrown.He''s only interested in one thing. Staying up. When we''re established, it may be different. But for now, anything that draws attention & resources from the primary objective is out da window.

Last nights performance was not a game of football it was a total joke!!

If i performed the equivelant like that at work I wouldnt be in a job for long.

That was not totally a reserve side and these guys could be relied on later on in the season when injuries and suspensions happen.

Had we lost but played well and lost an unlucky goal then it wouldnt be so bad but to be fair i think last nights performance was worse than the 7-1 defeat to Colchester.

If we play like that in the prem we could take Ipswich''s unwanted record away from them.

The way I saw it last night was that we had 11 players on the pitch that looked as if they trained together but hadn''t played together competitively, against a confident team playing well in their league.Lambert got some game time into the players that he wanted to have some game time. Don''t get me wrong we were shocking and certainly haven''t given Lambert any selection headaches for Saturday but it''s not the end of the world now is it!!! OTBC!!

[quote user="Dave"]Last nights performance was not a game of football it was a total joke!!

That was not totally a reserve side and these guys could be relied on later on in the season when injuries and suspensions happen.

Had we lost but played well and lost an unlucky goal then it wouldnt be so bad but to be fair i think last nights performance was worse than the 7-1 defeat to Colchester.

If we play like that in the prem we could take Ipswich''s unwanted record away from them.[/quote]It must come as a surprise to those who discovered this club once promotion was secured so let me help - we do not win every game, in fact we struggled a lot before Lambert came here and we were on course to end up in what is now called League 2 but used to be called the Fourth Division (a bit of history for you there).Can everyone please calm down, this constant overreaction does get a touch tiresome...no wonder this board is known for a load of old whingers!

[quote user="Dave"]Last nights performance was not a game of football it was a total joke!!

If we play like that in the prem we could take Ipswich''s unwanted record away from them.[/quote]It must come as a surprise to those who discovered this club once promotion was secured so let me help - we do not win every game, in fact we struggled a lot before Lambert came here and we were on course to end up in what is now called League 2 but used to be called the Fourth Division (a bit of history for you there).Can everyone please calm down, this constant overreaction does get a touch tiresome...no wonder this board is known for a load of old whingers!

Don''t think fining players is neccessary, maybe club refunding tickets more so. Do think that a loss could be healthy but charging fans for game which was pretty much forfeited is unfair.

[quote user="Dave"]So that I and approx 12800 city fans can have a refund for tonight''s joke[/quote]

How about fining Lambert a week''s wages instead as he was the one prior to the game that gave the impression he was just not interested in the cup quoting those that had got relegated (ie us and Birmingham) after winning it. This sort of negativitity surely gets to the players who then go out and do not give their all. To be honest I would not fine anyone a weeks wages as I am glad we are out of it but what was most frustrating was that we could have gone out after at least putting up a fight as we are at now a premier league club and should play like one not getting thumped at home by a league 1 side.

Guys if you lot for fined in your day job every time you forgot to put enough cheese on the Big Mac''s you wouldnt get a wage.So for the love of god quit crying about fines and money back you fickle bunch of idiots !!!

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]Guys if you lot for fined in your day job every time you forgot to put enough cheese on the Big Mac''s you wouldnt get a wage.So for the love of god quit crying about fines and money back you fickle bunch of idiots !!![/quote]

I am certainly not fickle ive frequently backed the club even when they havent played too great, but in 28 years of supporting the club its rare ive seen a team play so badly, If you can call it playing football.

P.S I dont work in McDonalds ive got a very good job with a reasonable salary, its the principle of it that i think people should get their money back.

[quote user="Harry"]Did you go to the game Nexus?[/quote]Nope.But I lisarned on tha radio Nial.

Actually I didnt even bother as I had to go out for a meal. Not overly bothered by a cup game :)Shoulda saved your money as you aint seeing a penny of it back !!!

Gutttttted !!!!

I went to the game...Awful performance, but oh well, who was really interested in this Cup, when we have Premiership fixtures on hand? I wasn''t, a cup runs nice but not important in the grand scheme of things.You faggots need to quit your whining and grow a pair. Oh no, you had to pay £10 to watch a poor performance. Did you not see our relegation from the championship? It was like that game, but 46 of them (bar one or two, before someone decides to get fickle).I think we''ve been priviliged to watch some of the best football on offering the past two years, and a bunch of complete tools like you lot start whining? Get over yourselves, and no need to make an appearance for West Brom at home - theres thousands of more intelligent, logical and reasonable supporters who will grab up your tickets, easy.Jesus, some of our fans are like Ipshit supporters, its embarassing!

[quote user="Dave"]So that I and approx 12800 city fans can have a refund for tonight''s joke[/quote]Using that logic, should the club invoice everybody for an extra tenner if they beat one of the top four this year? For playing better than expected? Maybe they could then use the cash to give the players a bonus.A tenner was a fair price for MK Dons in the League Cup, half of the players just messed up their chances of a first team call up, that is punishment enough.

[quote user="Give Peas a Chance "]Oh you mean the bulk of the squad that got us into the premiership? Get real!!! If it wasn''t for these players we wouldn''t be where we are today. And you want to fine them a weeks wages? Unbelievable! Guess it shows how fickle some Norwich fans really are[/quote]           i can''t believe the players. surely they were playing to impress PL so they could get a game on saturday. if they had played anywhere near as bad as that last season we would have been in a relegation scrap. all very well saying that they are the players that got us promoted, but now they have to step up a gear or two.

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"][quote user="Harry"]Did you go to the game Nexus?[/quote]Nope.But I lisarned on tha radio Nial.

Actually I didnt even bother as I had to go out for a meal. Not overly bothered by a cup game :)Shoulda saved your money as you aint seeing a penny of it back !!!

Gutttttted !!!![/quote]I rest my case.