Sign in to follow this  
Baldyboy

Declan Rudd

[quote user="LeJuge"][quote user="GJP"]

[quote user="Paul"]Bloody hell GJP, you have a high opinion of yourself dont ya, if you are that good you would be a scout or manager for a professional team.[/quote]

I''m not the one saying I know better than the professionals, am I?

Using the example of Ryan Jarvis, we''ve got someone here saying that they know/knew better than Nigel Worthington, that the lad should have been "managed" better.

Whereas my view on it was that I have faith that Nigel Worthington knew what he was doing and knew that he didn''t have a massive talent on his hands.

Similarly going back to Spillane, Lambert preferred and trusted Russell Martin ahead of him and since Spillane has moved to Brentford (a fairly small club in comparison to Norwich) he''s struggled to cement a place in the first team and has quite often struggled to make their day squad. Yet apparently the guy could be a real "gem".

Fans can sometimes get carried about the prospects of young players (especially "home grown" ones) and then perhaps it''s hard to admit that someone that they had rated was never as good as they had liked to believe.

[/quote]

Asides from the fact that you know damn well I wasn''t referring to Jarvis as a massive talent. Worthington was a good manager, but he had a very poor record with youngsters, that''s just the way that it is. Brentford are a decent team by the way, go and look at their first four results this season. Lambert didn''t ask Spillane to move by the way, he asked to leave. That''s why we played last season with one right back rather than two, remember? 

[/quote]

I would suggest Worthington never had a particularly great crop of youngsters to work with, I don''t think there was a pile of talent there that he just squandered away.

I never said Brentford weren''t a decent team, I just said they''re a much smaller club than us - which they are. They''ve made a decent start to the season too. Don''t think Spillane has featured for them this season, has he? Might be injured but I can''t recall seeing anything to say he was.

Anyway, I really think we''re starting to drag this one out a bit too long. You''ve got your views and I''ve got mine, I suspect neither of us are going to change the others mind but at least we''ve had a decent discussion about it.

Agree to disagree?