Sign in to follow this  
Beauseant

Cheating fellow fans

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="87canary"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Beauseant"]

Pathetic isn''t it? Still, they''re getting caught out at last.

[/quote]

There will be some idiot along shortly boasting how they beat the system on Sunday.

[/quote] I can see it already. "haha, I got in on my cats season ticket and no-one noticed"[/quote]

I''m just waiting for a mocking post from the cat itself....[;)]

[/quote]Yeah, telling us all he''s over 21.....

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]Lifeban !!!![/quote]A life ban is a bit extreme, there may be a time in future when permanently severing ties with 200 fans will be seen as a silly move, I can remember us getting 12000 for a few league games in The Championship towards the end of the Chase days. Let''s put it into a bit of perspective, they haven''t thrown coins at corner takers, or racially abused a substitute, I think a one year ban is sufficient punishment here, they miss our first year back in the Premier League, and will have to join the waiting list like everybody else next year. That will probably result in them having to buy casual tickets, so the club will recoup a fair bit of that cash.They no doubt feel slightly ashamed and embarressed and most will learn their lesson. Some people just don''t have the brain cells unfortunately. I doubt we will see any posters here owning up to getting caught though ;-)

[quote user="Chelmsford Canary"][quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="InLambertWeTrust"]

I''m 19 years old so I have an U21 season ticket, sorry if this offends you....

[/quote]Get a grip CT, the thread is about people who have defrauded the club!!!  To be honest this makes a mockery of all the people complaining about having to provide documentation to prove they were u21.  Yes the club may have gone about it in a funny way, but they''ve been proven right by their actions.  Another good move by Mr. McNally in my opinion.[/quote]

I don''t understand why some people are so offended by providing proof! It should not be a problem if your actually the right age. I guess the people who are upset are those that have been carrying out the fraud[/quote]As far as I recall most of them were unhappy that the club left it so long to ask them, seeing as they renewed and paid months earlier. A few of the fans who were moaning we doing so because of the grave inconvenience and cost, mainly because they had to present themselves with their ID at the ground. If you live 90 miles away and travel up to games, then the cost associated with taking a day off work and doing a 180 mile round trip to give them a piece of paper that they could have given them prior to a game at the end of last season, it was more the principle of the way that the club did it. Mainly the assumption that it would be easy for all fans because they all live within the City walls, something that we know not to be true, and certainly something which the club themselves surely don''t aspire too? I''m not sure how old you are, but would you be happy getting a train from Chelmsford and back to give your passport? If you could have done it at application stage? No, you wouldn''t, so there is your answer.

"someone who had bought a ticket in the name of their cat "

I''m surprised that it has taken the club this long

I would have thought the cat flap next to the turnstile at the back of the river end should have given it away

[quote user="Loopzilla"]"Legend Iwan" wrote: "Out of interest, what was the cats name?"

Snowy Peroni! ;)
[/quote]

Funnily enough my immediate response was "Was it Ricardo''s cat?".

We don''t know the cat''s real name as Chris Bailey used an alias!

Maybe the way around this would be to ask for photo ID and proof of address when you first buy a season ticket. Strangely enough, when new STs were still for sale earlier this year you could simply go online, pick your seats and pay for them and that was that. Months later, with no further communication from the club, hey presto the STs arrived. Mind you, we bought 2 full-price tickets, but even so I think the system was just the same for concessions.

Are pets welcome at Portaloo Road? It might be a way for them to increase their attendances...and let''s face it, the pets would behave better, and probably have more football knowledge.

I''m not sure if many pets would feel happy sat in some deserted barn that smells of a farmyard

but poorman road seems to have become a home for numerous unwanted and aged donkeys recently - in fact there is even one on their badge

[quote user="Loopzilla"]"Legend Iwan" wrote: "Out of interest, what was the cats name?"

Snowy Peroni! ;)
[/quote]

---

Indeed. I had long suspected that it was Snowy writing those meticulous and indispensable reports while Ricardo was at home lying on a rug in front of the fire slurping Peroni from a bowl. Now we have cast-iron proof from the club...[:D][;)][:D]

Interesting topic this. In strict terms the individuals have signed a false declaration which is a criminal offence and when found out they can count themselves fortunate not to be prosecuted.

On the other hand i have been going to football matches for over 40 years and over that time lots of people have always tried to get in cheaper seats. In the past the clubs including Norwich were not that bothered as there was plenty of capacity and a concession fee was better then nothing.

I do find it hars to understand why the dobs were not verified years ago in respect of season tickets, a simple move and once done does not need to be repeated.

200 people sounds a lot but is less than 1%, though probably saves the club about £40 000 a year if taken up by adults.

i suspect that in the longer term if we remain in the premiership all concessions will be squeezed to concentrate on the full paying adults.

As for the people caught out they cannot complain and in effect will not be able to see Norwich again in the forseeable future as regardlessof bans will find it near impossible to get a ticket

I have cheated the club in the past. Many many years ago, I used to jump over the turnstile without paying in the Barclay as my grandad was a turnstile operator.

Sorry [:$]

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]

[quote user="merson_dim"]Who cares? Hardly the end of the world is it.[/quote]

Hi Felix! How''s the milk?

[/quote]

No, I am over 21 and own an Adult season ticket.

But with prices football clubs charge now, and we''re and we''re getting worse and worse for it, if someone wants to save a few pennies - doesn''t affect me.

[quote user="Beauseant"]

We had a very interesting Supporters Groups meeting last night with David McNally, Chris Bailey (Head of Supporter Services ), Stefan Phillips, Delia and Michael.

Although a lot of ground was covered, one thing that shocked most of us was the fact that the new requirement that Under 21 concessions validate their applications has thrown up over 200 people who have been defrauding the club (the best example being someone who had bought a ticket in the name of their cat), with some 80 odd still not coming forward with validation despite numerous reminders.

What really gets my goat is that these people have effectively been cheating their fellow fans as well as the club, and you have to wonder how many years it has been going on.[:@]

[/quote]

Does it state in the T''s & C''s that the ticket holder must be a homosapian?

How on earth does the club know that someone bought a ticket in their cat''s name??? Did someone walk into the ticket office and admit to it?!

I understand where McNally is coming from, but this sounds highly unlikely to me. A little bit too much spin i think!

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="NCFC4LIFE"][quote user="Beauseant"]

We had a very interesting Supporters Groups meeting last night with David McNally, Chris Bailey (Head of Supporter Services ), Stefan Phillips, Delia and Michael.

Although a lot of ground was covered, one thing that shocked most of us was the fact that the new requirement that Under 21 concessions validate their applications has thrown up over 200 people who have been defrauding the club (the best example being someone who had bought a ticket in the name of their cat), with some 80 odd still not coming forward with validation despite numerous reminders.

What really gets my goat is that these people have effectively been cheating their fellow fans as well as the club, and you have to wonder how many years it has been going on.[:@]

[/quote]

sign of society today, club need to punish them harshly!
[/quote]

I believe that they''ve all had their tickets confiscated and banned for a year.

[/quote]

Even the 80 odd who have not yet come forward?

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="InLambertWeTrust"]

I''m 19 years old so I have an U21 season ticket, sorry if this offends you....

[/quote]

You have lost me with this post i am afraid.It is not about 19 year olds having U21 tickets but 22 year olds and upwards.[8-)]

[/quote]

Can you have an U21 ticket until you are 22?

[quote user="Beauseant"]

Snowy Peroni! ;)
[/quote]

Funnily enough my immediate response was "Was it Ricardo''s cat?".

We don''t know the cat''s real name as Chris Bailey used an alias!

[/quote]

Any relation to Michael Bailey?

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]Interesting topic this. In strict terms the individuals have signed a false declaration which is a criminal offence and when found out they can count themselves fortunate not to be prosecuted. On the other hand i have been going to football matches for over 40 years and over that time lots of people have always tried to get in cheaper seats. In the past the clubs including Norwich were not that bothered as there was plenty of capacity and a concession fee was better then nothing. I do find it hars to understand why the dobs were not verified years ago in respect of season tickets, a simple move and once done does not need to be repeated. 200 people sounds a lot but is less than 1%, though probably saves the club about £40 000 a year if taken up by adults. i suspect that in the longer term if we remain in the premiership all concessions will be squeezed to concentrate on the full paying adults. As for the people caught out they cannot complain and in effect will not be able to see Norwich again in the forseeable future as regardlessof bans will find it near impossible to get a ticket[/quote]

£40,000?[:^)]

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="NCFC4LIFE"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]

sign of society today, club need to punish them harshly!
[/quote]

I believe that they''ve all had their tickets confiscated and banned for a year.

[/quote]

Did they also lose their money (i.e. no refund)?

The 80 odd who haven''t come forward haven''t lost their tickets. They could just be away, but will have to validate them when they return. I don''t know whether those who have been banned got refrauds. If they did they are lucky, having committed a criminal offence, ie fraud for financial gain.

As for the cat, the owner, having received a letter from the club asking for validation, knew the game was up and rang in to confess.

Finally, no he''s not related to Michael as far as I know.

[quote user="Beauseant"]

The 80 odd who haven''t come forward haven''t lost their tickets. They could just be away, but will have to validate them when they return. I don''t know whether those who have been banned got refrauds. If they did they are lucky, having committed a criminal offence, ie fraud for financial gain.

As for the cat, the owner, having received a letter from the club asking for validation, knew the game was up and rang in to confess.

[/quote]

Very good - "refrauds"

The club sent a letter to a cat! Took some balls to ring and confess, assume it wasn''t spayed.

I wonder if the ''owner'' even had a cat!?

Do you think they''re feline guilty?

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]

Very good - "refrauds"

The club sent a letter to a cat! Took some balls to ring and confess, assume it wasn''t spayed.

I wonder if the ''owner'' even had a cat!?

Do you think they''re feline guilty?

[/quote]

I bet it doesn''t take long for the tabbyloids to get hold of this story.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]Interesting topic this. In strict terms the individuals have signed a false declaration which is a criminal offence and when found out they can count themselves fortunate not to be prosecuted. On the other hand i have been going to football matches for over 40 years and over that time lots of people have always tried to get in cheaper seats. In the past the clubs including Norwich were not that bothered as there was plenty of capacity and a concession fee was better then nothing. I do find it hars to understand why the dobs were not verified years ago in respect of season tickets, a simple move and once done does not need to be repeated. 200 people sounds a lot but is less than 1%, though probably saves the club about £40 000 a year if taken up by adults. i suspect that in the longer term if we remain in the premiership all concessions will be squeezed to concentrate on the full paying adults. As for the people caught out they cannot complain and in effect will not be able to see Norwich again in the forseeable future as regardlessof bans will find it near impossible to get a ticket[/quote]

£40,000?[:^)]

[/quote]

I assume you are refering to this figure being high, I would guess its low. Under 21 season tickets work out at about £8 per game. These tickets for the likes of Man U will be sold at £50. £42 x 200 ( maybe as many as 280 ) is £8400 for 1 game only. If there are 280 this pushes the figure nearer £12000. Even an adult season ticket at full price is a huge amount more than an under 21 at first renewal prices.

It was done surely with complete disregard for those paying properly. We had to pay for a birth certificate for our lad as we could not find his. Probably would have agreed that we should not have lost the original but if it was not for these guys it would not have been necessary. Name them in next weeks programme lol

Why do some fans act so shocked?  This must''ve been going on for years.  Don''t get me wrong I''m not condoning the fiddling but NCFC is run like a business so some fans will treat it like like and see what they can get away with. I bet if they delved deeper they''ll find pensioner concessions sold to pensioners who''ve already died .