Sign in to follow this  
Beauseant

Cheating fellow fans

We had a very interesting Supporters Groups meeting last night with David McNally, Chris Bailey (Head of Supporter Services ), Stefan Phillips, Delia and Michael.

Although a lot of ground was covered, one thing that shocked most of us was the fact that the new requirement that Under 21 concessions validate their applications has thrown up over 200 people who have been defrauding the club (the best example being someone who had bought a ticket in the name of their cat), with some 80 odd still not coming forward with validation despite numerous reminders.

What really gets my goat is that these people have effectively been cheating their fellow fans as well as the club, and you have to wonder how many years it has been going on.[:@]

[quote user="Beauseant"]

We had a very interesting Supporters Groups meeting last night with David McNally, Chris Bailey (Head of Supporter Services ), Stefan Phillips, Delia and Michael.

Although a lot of ground was covered, one thing that shocked most of us was the fact that the new requirement that Under 21 concessions validate their applications has thrown up over 200 people who have been defrauding the club (the best example being someone who had bought a ticket in the name of their cat), with some 80 odd still not coming forward with validation despite numerous reminders.

What really gets my goat is that these people have effectively been cheating their fellow fans as well as the club, and you have to wonder how many years it has been going on.[:@]

[/quote]sign of society today, club need to punish them harshly!

[quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]sign of society today, club need to punish them harshly!

[quote user="NCFC4LIFE"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]

sign of society today, club need to punish them harshly!
[/quote]

I believe that they''ve all had their tickets confiscated and banned for a year.

It just goes to show that those who came on this messageboard boasting how they obtained entry to the ground on concession tickets they were not entitled to have reaped what they sow.Well done to the 200 who greatly inconvenienced thousands who had to prove their or thier relatives ages by taking documents to the ticket office.[:@]

[quote user="Beauseant"]

[quote user="Legend Iwan"]Sadly, not really a suprise though Beau. Especially when there''s a thread like this every couple of weeks  http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun/cs/forums/2598453/ShowPost.aspx 

[/quote]

Pathetic isn''t it? Still, they''re getting caught out at last.

[/quote]Anoys me as I must have spent a good £100 last year on downgrading my dads 65+ ticket for games he couldnt make.Makes you kinda think, well if no one else is why do I bother !!!This kinda thing needs to be stamped on, heavily.Maybe a double the cost of the upgrade / downgrade fine ?So if it costs £20, = £40 fine.

[quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]

There will be some idiot along shortly boasting how they beat the system on Sunday.

I can''t believe they didn''t implement the policy sooner, I was always surprised how each year I was never asked for ID, they just trusted the date of birth I had given them. My Grandad recieves a 65+ concession however, and he has never been asked to prove his age, I wonder why it was only the Under 21 concession tickets which has been clamped down on.  My next season ticket will be as an Adult, so it will be interesting to see if their database is now correct, as it appears that whilst some supporters had been frauding the club, some people were offerred a concession ticket despite their claims that they shouln''t be recieving one.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]

There will be some idiot along shortly boasting how they beat the system on Sunday.

[/quote]

I can see it already.

"haha, I got in on my cats season ticket and no-one noticed"

I''m a fan that hasn''t come forward and got my season ticket yet, but I didn''t recieve any letters or reminders about it. Obviously I wondered where it was so I eventually found out. As I don''t make the venture to Norwich that often apart from football, I haven''t had the oppotunity to pick it up until tonight. I would of Sunday but I was at V.

[quote user="87canary"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]

[/quote] I can see it already. "haha, I got in on my cats season ticket and no-one noticed"[/quote]

I''m just waiting for a mocking post from the cat itself....[;)]

[quote user="InLambertWeTrust"]

I''m 19 years old so I have an U21 season ticket, sorry if this offends you....

[/quote]

If you have a ticket legitimately why would it offend anyone? This thread is about people defrauding the club and their fellow fans.

[/quote]

You have lost me with this post i am afraid.It is not about 19 year olds having U21 tickets but 22 year olds and upwards.[8-)]

[/quote]Get a grip CT, the thread is about people who have defrauded the club!!!  To be honest this makes a mockery of all the people complaining about having to provide documentation to prove they were u21.  Yes the club may have gone about it in a funny way, but they''ve been proven right by their actions.  Another good move by Mr. McNally in my opinion.

[quote user="TheJarrold"]so this could mean a further 280 season tickets available to the waiting list?
[/quote]

That seems to be a reasonable inference.

[quote user="Ben "]Just out of interest does anyone know how many people are on the waiting list?[/quote]

Do you want just the number of people or do you want to include cats on the waiting list too?

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="InLambertWeTrust"]

[/quote]Get a grip CT, the thread is about people who have defrauded the club!!!  To be honest this makes a mockery of all the people complaining about having to provide documentation to prove they were u21.  Yes the club may have gone about it in a funny way, but they''ve been proven right by their actions.  Another good move by Mr. McNally in my opinion.[/quote]

I don''t understand why some people are so offended by providing proof! It should not be a problem if your actually the right age. I guess the people who are upset are those that have been carrying out the fraud