Sign in to follow this  
Hannibal

Terrible article from Fox news

parts of it read like it''s being translated from babelfish

still, it is a useful insight into the level of ''journalism'' that so many on here hold so much faith in

That is a truly awful piece of writing. It''s not just the facts that are incorrect and the misguiding prose that annoys me, but it is simply unreadable. How does he get paid for that?

Well he has a twitter account (@jamietrecker for anyone interested) and seems to have conversed with the NYCanaries recently - so I presume it is a real piece. Crap-shoot, why do the American''s do this to sport?

ye - gods it''s like an article written by an American Alan Partridge.

"Norwich plays with a sweeper in a 5-3-2 formation with David Fox handling the clean-up in front of Russell Martin, Elliot Ward, Leon Barnett and Adam Drury."
Oh my.

''Norwich plays with a sweeper in a 5-3-2 formation''

First of all; terrible English. Secondly; we do? Thirdly; what the hell is the BPL?! British Premier League? Really?

Just goes to show the terrible reputation Fox News have globally is well justified. The writing here would be shameful from a twelve year old. Even from one of the terrible hacks at The Sun wouldn''t dare print this.

Excellent find, it has amused me quite a lot.

[quote user="Lionel Wessi"]

My favourite line

"Holt is a baller, no doubt" - Genius!

[/quote]

There''s a new song there, don''t you think?!!

"Norwich City were a founding member of the Premier League, a fact that is easy to forget because, um, Norwich crashed and burned into the third division not so long ago."

Um... UM!!! Jesus this truly is terrible. The wonders of the internet I suppose.

Hey what do you expect from Faux News,The Sun etc... they are a joke of a corporation...Starts off with Murdoch and Cr@p runs downhill

Come on it weren''t that bad.  I found it a rather amusing read (though I doubt it was meant to be) and it made a change from reading the usual stuff packed with well trodden cliches.

Unbelievable![:@][:@][:@] An American writing in American English so his target audience of Americans can understand it. Uppity ungrateful colonial...

it''s not so much the terrible use of English, it''s the impression you get that this journalist has been asked to write an article on Norwich, he doesn''t know anything, so he''s used wikipedia and a thesaurus and got away with it

still, it''s better than the dribble written by an Englishman on Yahoo yesterday; (apologies if most have already seen it - it''s bad enough to read the first time)

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/football/early-doors/article/343438/

The article is actually very useful in highlighting the dangers of goalkeepers frolicking carelessly too close to ditches from which there is no escape.

John Ruddy, Declan Rudd, take note.

Terrible, terrible article.  The article mentions how Norwich beat Millwall 2-1 at home and only lost one other game, too Swansea City. That is, of course, ignoring the 2-1 away defeat to Burnley that happened right after the Milwall game.Also 5-3-2??? does this journalist now anything about football? obviously not if this is the avearge quality of his article but still this is so, so stupid. Anyone could type into google ''what formation do Norwich City football club play'' and get a half decent result.By the way ''Grant Holt is a baller''... that''s hilarious

The article comes out of Madrid and Murdoch is an Aussie so what''s with the US bashing in some of the comments?

Since it was from Madrid and has "foxlatin" in the heading, it was likely originally done in Spanish and poorly translated. It was likely aimed at Spanish speaking fans.

It''s still not good, but try to be open minded about the criticism.

This article is by Jamie Treker of FoxSoccer.com here in the States.It was used at other Fox outlets also, hence the Latino link. And yes its a stinker. The chap often writes about things he knows nothing of like this piece on why relegation and promotion should be scrapped: http://msn.foxsports.com/foxsoccer/premierleague/story/barclays-season-preview-2011-12-promotion-relegation-going-away-080211He gets away with it because the people that run Fox Soccer also know nowt about football. You should see their Saturday/Sunday panel/pre-game show. Its like that Mitchell and Webb sketch mocking Sky. But hey, they have the live football and try hard so I can''t grumble too much.

You do know a lot of the Fox Soccer Channel we get is from Canada, not the US. The Fox Soccer Report is made there, in Winnipeg of all places if I''m not mistaken. So those damn Canadian idiots should focus on hockey and pro wrestling, and leave soccer to the pros.

5-3-2 sweeper! hahah!some should point out to our Yankee friend that the sweeper system hasnt been seen in football in years... and the sweeper sat behind the defence and roamed fowards... the dutch did it brilliantly with Gullit in late 80''s.if the journo is reading this stick to the Dime blitz on the 3rd and long my good man....

You can tweet him your thoughts @jamietrecker He stands by this article and refuses to acknowledge that all his information is wrong.Houston, they are based in California, I believe. The Fox Soccer Report at 10 is from Winnipeg and a farmed out show. That show drives me nuts, see all the aspect ratio issues? Been like that for a year. Poor indeed.

[quote user="Norfolk Ned"]You can tweet him your thoughts @jamietrecker He stands by this article and refuses to acknowledge that all his information is wrong.

[/quote]seriously?! christ!

I know the old Fox Football Friday which then became something else I think (I quit watching much after NCFC were relegated) comes from So Cal but the nightly report is their flagship program and it''s geared towards Canadians 1st.

Regardless, the article was not good but trying to gain a superior feeling because it was supposedly written by an American for Americans when it comes out of Madrid and is so factually quesationable should really generate feelings of inadequacy along the lines of "that''s how little they even care about NCFC."

I don''t know anyone who is aware of this article and I have several friends who are very much into Prem footy so for all the moaning and "those stupid Americans"-ing, it was probably read most by people on this site than anywhere else.

It might matter only if the Police Chief Wigans use it as their scouting report for Saturday''s match.

I agree with whomever said it sounded like it was downloaded from wiki-type sites and pieced together.

[quote user="Houston Canary"]The article comes out of Madrid and Murdoch is an Aussie so what''s with the US bashing in some of the comments? Since it was from Madrid and has "foxlatin" in the heading, it was likely originally done in Spanish and poorly translated. It was likely aimed at Spanish speaking fans. It''s still not good, but try to be open minded about the criticism.[/quote]

I think you''ll find he''s been a naturalised American for a good 20-odd years.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rupert_Murdoch

Just like any New Zealander, if they''re good at anything, we''ll keep them. As soon as they turn out to be an a*se, we disown them.

#russellcrowe

It didn''t come out of Madrid.  Trecker is the Senior Writer for FoxSoccer.com (yes, contain your laughter) and the article first appeared herehttp://msn.foxsports.com/foxsoccer

HC. What do you expect from FAUX news? Anything coming from that side of the aisle is slanted to say the least. You actually read and or watch material from FAUX?

That in of itself leads this poster to question the mindset or lack of you live by.

Now I understand why Anna left!