Sign in to follow this  
Beauseant

Providing the two Ps

While some people will inevitably be unhappy with our transfer activity, predominantly the lack of an outright centre back or a goalkeeper with the initals FF, I think that Lambert and co have done well. If you look at our squad last year you would have to say that the two areas in which we were lacking were pace and power, particularly the former.

Looking through the newcomers it''s pretty clear that those two issues have been addressed as priorities. Reading Lambert''s comments on Bennett, Pilkington, Vaughan, De Laet and Naughton, the P word crops up each time, whole Morison and Johnson provide some much needed beef to supplement Holt and Crofts. All in all we have a much better balanced squad than we have for several seasons, and while that guarantees nothing, we''re certainly approaching the Premiership with a radically different mindset to last time. What''s more, should the worst happen, we have a young talented squad which should be able to bounce straight back. Even if one or more do a Charlie Adam and become desirable properties, the fact that they are on three year deals means that we can cash in and replace them with quality. Huge credit is due to everyone at City for putting together and executing such a well thought out plan. Bring on the games![:D]

I dont think we need worry on the goal keeping front. Ruddy looked very capable towards the end of last season, Rudd is an excellent young prospect and will need to be thrown in sometime or another.

And by all accounts young Jed Steer really is a potential star of the future.

Spot on post Beau.

I would have liked to have seen a back up keeper but am starting to be convinced of the point of view of Carlos.

The thing is, of course,........ in Lambert we trust!!

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]Spot on post Beau.

I would have liked to have seen a back up keeper but am starting to be convinced of the point of view of Carlos.

The thing is, of course,........ in Lambert we trust!![/quote]

Interestingly the Mirror is linking us with Marcus Hahnemann again today. Personally I think Ruddy is a real talent, but an experienced back up wouldn''t go amiss, and may help him develop further.

[quote user="Beauseant"]

While some people will inevitably be unhappy with our transfer activity, predominantly the lack of an outright centre back or a goalkeeper with the initals FF, I think that Lambert and co have done well. If you look at our squad last year you would have to say that the two areas in which we were lacking were pace and power, particularly the former.

Looking through the newcomers it''s pretty clear that those two issues have been addressed as priorities. Reading Lambert''s comments on Bennett, Pilkington, Vaughan, De Laet and Naughton, the P word crops up each time, whole Morison and Johnson provide some much needed beef to supplement Holt and Crofts. All in all we have a much better balanced squad than we have for several seasons, and while that guarantees nothing, we''re certainly approaching the Premiership with a radically different mindset to last time. What''s more, should the worst happen, we have a young talented squad which should be able to bounce straight back. Even if one or more do a Charlie Adam and become desirable properties, the fact that they are on three year deals means that we can cash in and replace them with quality. Huge credit is due to everyone at City for putting together and executing such a well thought out plan. Bring on the games![:D]

[/quote]

BINNER!

Don''t you know you''re not allowed to post such sense on this messeage board at any time, let alone mid July!

I have faith in Ruddy and I actually think that Rudd seems to me that he would thrive being thrown in against someone like Manure. I''m not sure what it is about him but he seems to have a calm about him that it wouldn''t bother him who he was playing.

We have a stronger, faster, and more technically better team now than we did before we made the signings.

I was surprised by the final signing being a right back but we now have 2 left backs (3 with Lappin), 2 right backs, and 4 centre backs. 1 of the right backs can play centre back and one of the centre backs can play right back.

I think we''ve set ourselves out very well and just can''t wait now.

Regards to the keeper I think Marcus Hahnemann would be a good player to bring in.

Now that we know De Laet is more of a centre half, and we have Naughton I think defensively we are good enough.