Sign in to follow this  
Oswald Cobblepot

Apparently we're interested in Marcus Hahnemann . . .

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/transfer-news/Norwich-Swansea-QPR-all-keen-sign-keeper-Marcus-Hahnemann-on-Bosman-after-Wolves-exit-article774000.html

According to the Mirror . . . although we know how dodgy it can be for stirring up nothing stories, this could have some legs in it?? Not much info on the article I''m afraid.

Maybe all those fervently arguing the case for the need for experienced back up might yet get their wish.

Thoughts?? Sorry if this has already been posted, haven''t seen it anywhere on here!!

Me personally, I''m not fussed either way, the experience and extra back up would be good given our inexperienced young keepers, and could mean Rudd and Steer get to go out on loan for 3 month stints each over the course of the season . . . But likewise if we go with what we have already, I have faith that Rudd could do a good job for us if required.

I''ve been saying that Hahnemann would be a great signing since it was announced that he was leaving Wolves in May.

Do this Lambert. This would be a great signing and in my opinion a better pair of hands than Fraser Forster

Lambert has never come out and said he has finished his transfer business has he? Just the official site taking it from a quote he made...

I might be wrong

Actually, thinking about it, I can''t see why Swansea would be in for him. From what I can see, they have signed two new keepers following the departure of De Vries, so doesn''t seem like they need another. Even so, would Hahnemann want to go to a club where he could be 3rd choice with virtually not even a sniff of first team action?

QPR have Kenny, but could well be looking for competition for him, and we all know what our situation is. So if there''s any truth in this story at all, I think it''ll be more likely that it''s between us and QPR, rather than the Swans.

In fact, scrap that last post, a little bit of quick research shows that they haven''t yet signed Stockdale from Fulham, and by all accounts he may be on his way to 1p5wich on loan, therefore they would be in the market. Meanwhile, QPR have Radek Cerny on their books as back up/competition???

Speaking of QPR, looks like PSG have put in a bid of over £8mil for him according to SSN. Losing your best players and signing next to no one . . . good way to prepare for the Prem!! Good news for us I guess. :-)

"Speaking of QPR, looks like PSG have put in a bid of over £8mil for him according to SSN. Losing your best players and signing next to no one . . . good way to prepare for the Prem!! Good news for us I guess. :-)"

Lets just hope that if they do sell Taarabt, the money doesn''t go to Warnock. I would rather they keep Taarabt with Warnock being denied funds for transfers, as opposed them selling him with Warnock then being able to assemble a stronger squad.

[quote user="alysha"]

"Speaking of QPR, looks like PSG have put in a bid of over £8mil for him according to SSN. Losing your best players and signing next to no one . . . good way to prepare for the Prem!! Good news for us I guess. :-)"

Lets just hope that if they do sell Taarabt, the money doesn''t go to Warnock. I would rather they keep Taarabt with Warnock being denied funds for transfers, as opposed them selling him with Warnock then being able to assemble a stronger squad.

[/quote]40% will go to Spurs anyway.