Sign in to follow this  
NCFC4LIFE

Naughton

We have a player on our hands here, Russell Martin had a fantastic season last year and rightly will retain his position as first choice right back against Wigan.

However i hope for Martin''s sake he hits the ground running because this kid can play and technically is very good. Fantastic loan signing from Lambert.

I think within 2 months our team could look like this in my opinion

Ruddy

Naughton Barnett Whitbread Tierney

Croft

Pilkington Hoolihan Bennett

Holt Morrison

[quote user="NCFC4LIFE"]We have a player on our hands here, Russell Martin had a fantastic season last year and rightly will retain his position as first choice right back against Wigan.

However i hope for Martin''s sake he hits the ground running because this kid can play and technically is very good. Fantastic loan signing from Lambert.

I think within 2 months our team could look like this in my opinion

Ruddy

Naughton Barnett Whitbread Tierney

Croft

Pilkington Hoolihan Bennett

Holt Morrison[/quote]

I think Vaughan is more likely to be Holt''s partner this year, although I do agree with the rest. Depending on how the rest of pre season and the start of the sason goes, Crofts role is a toss up between Fox, Johnson and Crofts and I believe all three could do brilliantly.

Agree with YellowLittle1 on the Vaughan comment. Think we may see us vary between the diamond and a 451 against the better sides with any two of the holder midfielders holding the center with Bennett Pilks and Hoolahan supporting a lone striker.

What we can all agree on is we certainly have the ability to set up with just about any formation with this squad, and for it to be somewhat effective, exciting times!

I agree that Vaughan has been brought in as Holts most likely partner, Morrison is a bit too similar to Holt in ways, but they might be a handy strike pair against teams like Stoke and Bolton.

I can see the defensive midfielder role mainly going to Fox, just for his brilliant passing ability. I''m still looking with interest into how well Hoolahan will be able to perform this year.

I get the feeling there''s going to be no fixed 11. It''ll change a lot depending on who we are playing and how long a gap we have between the games.

We have enough class players to field 2 teams that should be able to compete in the Premier so I expect Lambert to chop and change.

I knew I recognised that name from somewhere...

[img]http://watchesinmovies.info/img/f/TaladegaNights-Tag.jpg[/img]

"You gotta shake it.... before you bake it!"

I think by december, our line up could look like this:

Ruddy

Martin

De Laet

Barnett

Naughton

Crofts

Bennett

Pilkington

Hoolahan

Morrison

Vaughan

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]I think by december, our line up could look like this:

Ruddy

Martin

De Laet

Barnett

Naughton

Crofts

Bennett

Pilkington

Hoolahan

Morrison

Vaughan[/quote]You appear to have two right backs and no left backs in that line up, or is playing two right backs against Ryan Giggs actually a good idea?  Personally I doubt we well see Pilkington, Bennett and Hoolohan on the pitch together at the same time in case we fall behind in a game. To leave Crofts with the defensive stuff will see us ripped apart. I expect to see either the two wingers on the pitch with two defensive centre mids, or one winger on with Hoolohan but a deeper player such as Surman on the left.

I reckon Wessi, Pilkington and Bennett could play together well, but if they''re all on I doubt we''d have two up front. Those three in a 4-2-3-1 behind Holt could be awesome while still leaving 2 spaces in midfield for defensive duties. Or in a 3-3-1-3 if we''re playing against a weaker side.