Sign in to follow this  
Lets be aving you!

Lambert's best signing this summer?

OK, chaps and chapesses, which one out of Lambert''s signings this summer will prove our best?

Based on what you''ve seen of them, or read about them, or just on pure gut instinct.

I''m going for Vaughan: loads of potential allied with a cracking attitude. I mean, which other player out on loan would be so gutted to lose to Scu*thorpe that he broke his hand on the dressing room wall in anger. Or maybe that''s just stupidity ...

But, anyway, which is your top signing?

Pilkington or Bennett

I am so excited for these two i just hope Pilks is the same player after his leg break.

The smararse answer is the one signing Lambert hasn''t made yet...

The serious answer is Bennett/Pilkington, because we needed at least one out and out winger to give us tactical flexibility.

Having seen neither I have no idea which might be the better signing.

Some of the other signings look good but they are either replacements or back-up for positions in which we had some kind of cover.

Bennett and Pilkington - if they are any good - add a new dimension.

[quote user="Ooh Ahh Lee Power"]Bradley Johnson for me. Not only is he a workhorse and an engine but also a great free transfer. He has energy, grit and I met him the other week!! Nice chap![/quote]

Same for me. A lot of comment has been made around defensive frailties, however if you have a midfield that blocks the way to the back 4 youre going to limit the opportunities the other teams have. Not only that but an effective midfield enables your full backs to push upfield too. From what Ive seen of Johnson in the last couple of seasons he''ll provide a lot of that bite in the centre, whilst scoring the odd safri-like goal too

Pilkington for me. Ive watched a few youtube video''s of Bennett, Vaughan, Morison and Pilkington and whilst they all impressed me with there skill and eye for goal it was Pilkington who stood out, he reminds me of a taller, stockier version of Huckerby, beating players time and again, cutting inside, dancing through defences and shooting with either foot... cant wait to see him grace the Premier League and prove a few doubters wrong... i like everyone of us just hopes his ankle holds up.. he certainly deserves some good luck after that horrible injury !!! OTBC :)

Hmm its tough for me as I see it two ways, best signing or most exciting signing!

Best signing might prove to be De Laet and Morrison who both I think potential to do well in the top flight and have important roles to play.

Exciting signing- Pilkington and Bennett both excite me and I cant wait to see what they can do, both have the potential to do the ''huckerby''.. by that I mean everytime Hucks got the ball the excitiment in the crowd went up as we just knew something was going to happen!

I also think that Vaughan and Johnson are going to add yet more to the sqaud... Vaughan looks like he could definatly get some goals, and the opposition are going to know they have been in a game with Johnson!

See this is the best thing... to me there is no stand out one man, Im finding it hard to pick a player that appears head and sholders above the rest due to all of them being good!

Not sure who Lambert''s best signing will prove to be, but I can''t wait to see Pilkington play; it seems as though he is still doing fitness and muscle work on his own though, so I''m not sure when he will be allowed to start training with the others and when we will see him in a Norwich shirt.

Naughton is a great signing, it''ll be interesting to see how often he plays and how often Russell Martin plays!

I think Vaughan is our best signing so far this summer but only time will tell.

Pilkington and Bennett will either be fab or hit and miss, and apart from Bennetts free kick goal against us neither player had much impact against when we played huddersfield or brighton in league one.

We have a squad that gives us options and that will hold us in good stead

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]I think Vaughan is our best signing so far this summer but only time will tell.

Pilkington and Bennett will either be fab or hit and miss, and apart from Bennetts free kick goal against us neither player had much impact against when we played huddersfield or brighton in league one.

We have a squad that gives us options and that will hold us in good stead[/quote]I remember Hudderfield''s wingers (Pilkington and Roberts) tearing Norwich a new a**hole in the home tie. I remember are full backs really struggling to contain them and the game only changing when Stephen Hughrs was brought on and had a great match.Not saying you''re wrong about them struggling in the Premier League, just that I remember Pilkington being a real threat against Norwich.

Vaughan for his pace and goal scoring talent! Or Johnson for his raw agressive potential, fabulous players!

[quote user="Gareth"][quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]I think Vaughan is our best signing so far this summer but only time will tell.

We have a squad that gives us options and that will hold us in good stead[/quote]I remember Hudderfield''s wingers (Pilkington and Roberts) tearing Norwich a new a**hole in the home tie. I remember are full backs really struggling to contain them and the game only changing when Stephen Hughrs was brought on and had a great match.Not saying you''re wrong about them struggling in the Premier League, just that I remember Pilkington being a real threat against Norwich.[/quote]Thanks for reminding me about that, I went to both of the games against Huddersfield and in both we really struggled against their width, certainly exciting to think that we might have that capabilty now in our team!

Happy with all 7 to be honest.Interesting that the player who has attracted the least comment is Morison - who probably cost the most!Personally, I am most excited by the 2 wingers.

Johnson for me too, he seemed to make the Leeds team tick last season and they''ll miss him hurrendously next season....

Although I''m quite interested to see what Morison will do next season

Has to be Morison for me, a player that never stops working and seems to be of the same type of player as grant holt them 2 make the dreamteam i hope banging in the goals. I also think Johnson and bennett will be bloody awesomee.De laet worries me slightly bt with lamberts guidance shud be ok and everyone else will be fine.

TTF (top ten finish)

NCFC

OTBC

[quote user="Norfolk Mustard"]Do we have any idea how long Pilkington will take to be ready to start a game? I hope it''s nowhere near the length of time Zak Whitbread took![/quote]Ive heard rumours that he might get a short run out in some of the last pre-seasons... think there is a chance he could make the bench for the Wigan match!

[quote user="Steve 9-2"]Happy with all 7 to be honest.Interesting that the player who has attracted the least comment is Morison - who probably cost the most!Personally, I am most excited by the 2 wingers.[/quote] it seems different posters favour different players which would seem to mean we are excited about all the transfer activity this summer. no out and out favourite.