Sign in to follow this  
unique

Time To Pull Together.....

Paul Lambert and the Norwich City Board have worked together during the close season, to add seven potentially excellent additions to the squad.

Supporters would be hard-pressed to criticise any of PL''s summer buys. Some might have preferred CMS. Some may think an extra goalkeeper should have been brought in. Others belief an additional centre-half was essential.

None of this matters anymore - unless PL has another trick or two up his sleeve. The squad is pretty much complete. An experienced goalkeeper would not have guaranteed avoiding relegation - two former England keepers,Foster and Green, are testimony to that.

The Norwich squad are almost entirely untried at Premiership level, but it is safe to assume that PL will have every player giving 100% in every game they play.

This is undoubtedly the most exciting squad ever assembled at Carrow Road. Attacking football would appear to be uppermost in PL''s mind, as every one of the seven signings leans that way.

It is time for the moaning to stop and the doubts to be put at the back of some supporters'' minds.

Players will misplace passes, miss golden opportunities to score, and make mistakes that lead to conceding goals. Norwich will undoubtedly get turned over heavily from time to time.

Now, more than ever, PL, his backroom staff, and the players deserve 100% respect from the supporters. It''s high time that EVERY Norwich City supporter sang from the same hymn sheet - inside and outside of Carrow Road - and backed NCFC to the hilt.

The last two years have been monumental, and it would be fitting if the moaning and groaning, sniping and whingeing went on the back-burner, and this group of players and management staff get the total backing they deserve.

I can''t say I read this board every day but has there been any real sniping and grumbling as far as PL and signings are concerned?

There are the usual heated discussions not helped when some people say they love The Daily Mail and dislike The Guardian and lefties but hey, that''s just a bit of fun.

I think the vast majority think PL and board have done a fantastic job this close season and we all look forward to August.

That was aimed at some supporters inside the ground on matchday, who no doubt will find it difficult to break a habit of a lifetime!

Can see where you are coming from and totally agree about the crowd getting behind the team. Negativity never helps the teams performance. I think David Stringer and Mike Walker would say that they had put together stronger squads.

If we can keep hold of Paul Lambert then maybe he might push this club on even further.

Well said, Unique. It would be good if the group of blokes behind me in the Jarrold don''t start getting on certain players'' backs as soon as a few passes go astray.

I was thinking the very same thing today, young players, little premier experience, the last thing they need is negativity from sections of the crowd. We are in this together and in the same way the crowd was key in our promotion you can bet it is up to us as well to ensure our survival.

H

Sorry OP, thought you were refering to comments on this board.

Sitting in the Barclay, I''m pleased I do not rub shoulders with the like. They would get short thrift from those sitting around our group.

It has been said before but if you go to many away games in whatever league, there still the usual areas similar to ours. I can think of Spurs and Liverpool just for starters. Unless they are ''pulling up trees'' the silence in particular is quite stunning.

TBH putting pep talks and rallying calls aside.  The only thing that stops moaner moaning is good performances.  This ''exciting squad ever'' malarkey won''t last long if they don''t get points.That is all.

Great post unique, couldn''t have put it better myself. I''m sure the very vast majority of supporters will be right behind the team.

''it would be fitting if the moaning and groaning, sniping and whingeing went on the back-burner''...

Blimey, you poor chap - where on earth do you sit? I''m in the Upper Barclay and I''ve never witnessed any of that stuff. We''re a pretty positive bunch up there - even when we lost 1-7 to Colchester I didn''t hear a great deal of derogatory comments. True fans were probably in shock more than anything that day, but we stuck together and the last 2 years have been nothing short of brilliant.

If anyone is really moaning, groaning, sniping and whinging you have 3 choices:

(a) ignore it

(b) change the way you think about it

(c) do something about it

If you opt for (c) you and your friends could tell them directly to be quiet as they''re spoiling the atmosphere for others who want to enjoy the game on match days. Get enough critical mass around the neg-heads and they should at least begin to feel outnumbered and tone it down a bit.

Alternatively you could have pre-empted their negativity and asked to be relocated before the season started. Movers and Shakers week was May 19 to May 25; if you don''t like the attitudes and behaviours of those around you, how would you answer someone asking "Why didn''t you move when you had the chance?".

I think you miss the point the OP was making. Last season after a performance that fell below expectations when a section of the crowd booed what did Lambert do. He didn''t ignore it, he made sure that we fans were made aware of the impact that it has on the players. All the OP is saying"Lets all stick together there''s some tough times ahead" Lambert doesn''t sign sherkers, if something goes wrong on the pitch it is Lambert''s responsibility and let him fix it for the next game.

H

[quote user="haisbrohacker"]I think you miss the point the OP was making. Last season after a performance that fell below expectations when a section of the crowd booed what did Lambert do. He didn''t ignore it, he made sure that we fans were made aware of the impact that it has on the players. All the OP is saying"Lets all stick together there''s some tough times ahead" Lambert doesn''t sign sherkers, if something goes wrong on the pitch it is Lambert''s responsibility and let him fix it for the next game.

H[/quote]Sounds like we''re preparing the ground for us to get stuffed regularly.

[quote user="SPANGLES"][quote user="haisbrohacker"]I think you miss the point the OP was making. Last season after a performance that fell below expectations when a section of the crowd booed what did Lambert do. He didn''t ignore it, he made sure that we fans were made aware of the impact that it has on the players. All the OP is saying"Lets all stick together there''s some tough times ahead" Lambert doesn''t sign sherkers, if something goes wrong on the pitch it is Lambert''s responsibility and let him fix it for the next game.

H[/quote]Sounds like we''re preparing the ground for us to get stuffed regularly.[/quote]

No not at all, i feel more confident in our chances of staying up than under Worthy. We seem better prepared, can score goals from all positions, have a great team spirt and seem very tactically.

Every aspect of our game has to be analysed and that applies to the support as well. I''m not talking about blind faith but driving the team on especially at home. We can only do that with a united spirit which is most important when things go wrong.

H

I beleive we have put together a good squad. Very happy and the important thing, as we learnt last itme in the prem, is to get that squad together raring to go from day 1. Not rely on the jan window for that important signing.

I believe it is a good squad, I am looking forward to them playing, but last time it took forever to get a win and we lost valuable points against c. palace and especially that last minute equaliser from dickov. Our fans were fine with it. I WASN''T AT ALL!!!

That is not the attitude and that is not Lamberts attitude, I agree that good performances and good passageds of play get the crowd involoved. Of course we can sing songs and encourage but if nothing is coming back it becomes redundant. I am not saying moaning is good, but I do know I am a stressful supporter that is desperate for good play, good hustle, good tackling.

This league is going to be a step up. I don''t care about the marque games, it is wolves, wba, swansea, blackburn the teams that we will be fighting with at the bottom half of the table where we can not play at anything less than 100%.

Totally excited, but know that each and every game is important. I believe that is something Lambert installs in the players, I hope the crowd. Because in our last Premiership campaign I don''t think either party had that installed.

We are going to get beat regularly in the next few months, I accept that.

What I want to see is the players wearing yellow and green doing their best and working hard to reach their potential.