Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Points more vital than cup run.

I can''t remember the last time I felt so uninterested in a game as yesterday.

No, its not sour grapes. In fact son of wiz can back me up on this, I wasn''t bothered about the result yesterday, lets face it, and be truthful, we were not likely to win it, were we?.

I also don''t believe, when set against possible injuries, bookings etc, the financial rewards are that great.

Points on the league table, must be City''s priority, and not a lengthy cup run.

And if truth be told, I wonder just how upset Worthy will be, in his more private moments.

Not very, I suggest.       

I do agree with you Wiz.  The league has got to be our number one priority.  The cup could have given us even more injuries too!  A decent cup run might have increased confidence though.  A few wins under our belt might have been good for us

I agree too although as DD said it would have been a confidence boost for them all.

Bet Worthy was putting them through their paces at Colney this morning! 

I don''t think Worthy will be too upset about going out - it now enables everyone to concentrate fully on survival. A cup run, whilst financially rewarding and enjoyable to have, could prove distracting and place unnecessary strain on our already thin squad.

In fact, the only good thing yesterday''s game will do is strengthen Worthy''s need to bring in one or two extra faces, alongside Ashton. Hopefully the board will take note.

[quote]I can''t remember the last time I felt so uninterested in a game as yesterday. No, its not sour grapes. In fact son of wiz can back me up on this, I wasn''t bothered about the result yesterday, lets fa...[/quote]

Thats exactly how I felt Wizard , I did listen to the commentary but only as half hearted as usual. As Uncle Sam  said yesterday when he rested 6 players against Ipswich, its £4m for the F A Cup and £25 to stay in the Premiership and thats where theirs and our priorities lay.

But as I said in a previous post I did feel sorry for the 4000 fans who paid good money to see our team perform and were let down.

I agree that the number one priority has to be points in the league. It''s fair enough if we had gone out of the cup with a battling display against a decent side who were forced to play out of their skin to beat us. The simple truth is that, with the exception of Green and the excellent Doc'' none of the players looked like they gave a monkeys. 4500 fans paid good money and made the journey down to chav central on a stormy day and those fans were massively short changed. I was sitting with a friend in the west ham end and it was embarassing to hear their fans laughing about our premiership status and it''s likely duration. I really struggle to see how going out of the cup in the manner we did does anything positive for us surely confidence is just knocked further, we need to get into the habit of winning. Several of the players need to take a long hard look at themselves after that and ask whether they''ve earnt their money this week .............