Sign in to follow this  
BW

I know it's been posted before

But i have heard something about the stadium being called the Aviva Stadium again. This time it''s a good source.

[quote user="Better Wizard"]But i have heard something about the stadium being called the Aviva Stadium again. This time it''s a good source.[/quote]They can call it anything they like but I''ll still call it Carrow Road!

Just saw it on Yarmy73 twitter account he has retweeted it from some guy who works for the sun called steve hawkes. I know it''s the sun but could there be something in this? We know with the new board the club look at any way to increase the turnover.

Maybe we are secretly owned by the largest shareholder of Aviva and they''re seeking to circumvent the financial fair play rules by paying us several hundred million for the naming rights to CR?

Me too alysha, with any luck it''s just horse crap, mind you I did have a strange dream last week that the guy from the boxing was rallying the crowd before the Stoke game with the old "let''s get ready to rumble" speech and introducing us out of the yellow corner so you never know.

I really wouldn''t put anything past McNasty looking into this.  Seriously, if he''s looked at everything we can increase income with.  Sponsoring ''The Aviva Stadium Carrow Road'' is easy money.It makes no odds to the fans. The Riverend is still the Riverend, right?

I would dislike a name change, but if it bought in a bit of extra money, you can''t really complain with anything McNally has done this far!

What''s in a name?

At least Ips--it supporters will no longer be able to refer to it as "Carrot Road."

To true supporters it will always be Carrow Road, just as the River End and the South Stand never lose their identity.

Aviva does have a nicer ring about it than Reebok, Emirates and many others. Was one once called the Kit Kat Stadium?

The Aviva takeover meant that the name Norwich was no longer publicised in sports stadiums around the World. Norwich Union advertisements seemed to be at every major event.

In the bigger picture there may even be some downturn in investment or tourism as a consequence. The City, itself receives less national and international recognition. These things seem to count.

Norwich Union, Carrow Road, what next? The City itself?

"Welcome to Aviva, A Fine City."   

The KitKat Stadium was York''s ground when it''s name was sponsored, I believe it has returned to it''s old name of Bootham Crescent now.