Sign in to follow this  
Lewie - Holt Our Saviour

Lambert is still looking...

I''d like to think we are keeping the door open for signing Pacheco and/or Lansbury. Both are under 21 so won''t affect the 25 squad limit and both would be great investments, provided we can get them at a reasonable price.

Then maybe an experienced GK if, and only if, there is a good one available on a free with low wages. If not Rudd is plenty good enough.

"We said we were looking for six or seven lads to come in and lend a

hand in various positions and it''s pleasing we''ve now managed to do so."lambert does not say, thats it, we''re done; i''ve finished buying; or there will be no more new signings.all he does say is at the end of last season he wanted a set number of players in, and he is happy to have got that number.the new article on sky says that just because he has 7 new players doesn''t mean he''s averse to getting someone else in if a realistic, quality player becomes available.

[quote user="Lewie - Holt Our Saviour"][quote user="ms miggins"]apparently we had a £1.5m bid for lansbury rejected a while ago[/quote]Really? Is that all we offered?Rubbish? I don''t think Lambo''s lying.[/quote]I think he was "''avin a laugh" in all fairness Lewie.

As for the article, it just highlights how there is an ever present need to distil nuggets of truth from all the c*** that often surrounds it in the press.Lamberts comments on the official website gave off that impression, just a shame the writer had to muddy it with his impression.

Anyway, it''s good to see he''s still on the prowl for new players if an oppertunity is too good to pass up, and he did indeed say a week or so before the Naughton deal that he will "always be on the lookout".

Lambert leaves more ''between the lines'' than actual statement.  I also think that he never stops looking at whos available.

I think its reasonable to expect no more signings during the summer, however if the right player came along at the right price then hes not ruled them out.  If Lansbury and/or Pacheco do come back its more likely to be once the season is underway and Arsenal/Liverpool have decided to sell

[quote user="Barclay hero"]

.  If Lansbury and/or Pacheco do come back its more likely to be once the season is underway and Arsenal/Liverpool have decided to sell

[/quote]

Indeed, it''s not as though these two will need to gel with the rest of the Squad.

Think Lambert has always made it clear that he doesn''t stop looking for players, he feels he doesn''t need to bring in more players but if the right deal came up then he wouldn''t hesitate.. Every manager surely has this attitude? If a manager stops looking they could miss out on the bargain of the century.

[quote user="John"][quote user="Lewie - Holt Our Saviour"][quote user="ms miggins"]apparently we had a £1.5m bid for lansbury rejected a while ago[/quote]
Really? Is that all we offered?

Rubbish? I don''t think Lambo''s lying.
[/quote]

I think he was "''avin a laugh" in all fairness Lewie.

As for the article, it just highlights how there is an ever present need to distil nuggets of truth from all the c*** that often surrounds it in the press.

Lamberts comments on the official website gave off that impression, just a shame the writer had to muddy it with his impression.

Anyway, it''s good to see he''s still on the prowl for new players if an oppertunity is too good to pass up, and he did indeed say a week or so before the Naughton deal that he will "always be on the lookout".
[/quote]

This was what i was on about:

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/football-league/championship/9117/8/lansbury-weighing-future-after-arsenal-reject-norwich-bid