Sign in to follow this  
ryan1992

Loging in problems? -SDP?

For the past 2/3 days, I haven''t been able to log onto the message board, as everytime I put my email address and password in, a little message pops up saying I dont have permission to access the board (not those exact words, but something along those lines), does anybody know why this is? I have now been able to log on (obviously!) but daren''t log off again incase it happens again!

Ryan, I have experienced that in the past but not lately. My advice is to treat it like a cold bed during the winter - once you get in don''t get out again. I always stay logged in.

[quote user="ryan1992"]For the past 2/3 days, I haven''t been able to log onto the message board, as everytime I put my email address and password in, a little message pops up saying I dont have permission to access the board (not those exact words, but something along those lines), does anybody know why this is? I have now been able to log on (obviously!) but daren''t log off again incase it happens again![/quote]

Well I''m glad it wasn''t just me as I had log in problems Friday night and Saturday. Used my same username/password that I have used for yonks and then kept getting ''''access is denied, you dont have permission to access this site''''

Asked for another password in case mine had been compromised in some way and 3 arrived by email, none of which worked.

Did email Pete & Vince who look after the site but no response.

But this morning hey presto I have managed to log in ok but like Ryan daren''t log out.

Cmon Archant get all these site problems sorted before the season starts [:D]

I''ve had problems logging in from my mobile before. Have found that the problem is that even though I''ve asked for my password to be remembered I still have to delete what''s in there and re-enter it.

Most bizarre. I have had the same problems the last couple of days with error message "You do not have permissions to perform the requested action."

Whenever I tried to log in. Couldn''t find an email address to askSDP about this so typed email into Pinkun search and it cane up with Ryan''s post,when I clicked onto the link, lo and behold I was already logged in as me.

Don''t know if this will sort it out for next time.

Bumped up to the top for Archant as the problem is still not resolved.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]Thanks Pete much appreciated[/quote]

Would have been better if the problem had been sorted out on Friday. Are we to believe that if problems (however large) occur OOH then that is it until the next working day?

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]

Would have been better if the problem had been sorted out on Friday. Are we to believe that if problems (however large) occur OOH then that is it until the next working day?

[/quote]Pete doesn''t live at his Desk 24 hours a day to fix these problems im sure.... although he may well make camp under it sometimes....

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Joanna Grey"]

[/quote]Pete doesn''t live at his Desk 24 hours a day to fix these problems im sure.... although he may well make camp under it sometimes....[/quote]And as no one reported the issue internally until this morning, the support teams were not aware of it. Had we have been aware on Friday then it would have been resolved.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Joanna Grey"]

[/quote]

Pete doesn''t live at his Desk 24 hours a day to fix these problems im sure.... although he may well make camp under it sometimes....
[/quote]

Pete does not fix the problems though (see Barbie''s post).

[quote user="Barbie"][quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Joanna Grey"]

[/quote]

Pete doesn''t live at his Desk 24 hours a day to fix these problems im sure.... although he may well make camp under it sometimes....
[/quote]

And as no one reported the issue internally until this morning, the support teams were not aware of it. Had we have been aware on Friday then it would have been resolved.
[/quote]

Well it would not have been as it happened friday evening and I doubt your Support Teams work evenings or weekends.

[quote user="Barbie"][quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Joanna Grey"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

And as no one reported the issue internally until this morning, the support teams were not aware of it. Had we have been aware on Friday then it would have been resolved.
[/quote]

I pinged an email to Pete so he got it first thing this morning, thought I had done something wrong when logging in lol. 

[quote user="Barbie"]And as no one reported the issue internally until this morning, the support teams were not aware of it. Had we have been aware on Friday then it would have been resolved.
[/quote]

Barbie

I emailed  Pete ( and copied Vince in ) at 10am Sat morning but as you say if they aren''t working at weekends and can''t pick up their work emails then your tech guys won''t know there is a problem.

Maybe we should have an email addy for the tech team, then if there''s a big problem on a Friday night during the season at least it can be resolved quickly ??

CA