Sign in to follow this  
DumbleDelia is Magic

Worthy doesn't rule out Harewood!!

[quote]My god, how much cash are we going to spend!! A Harewood Ashton strike force would be incrediblel!![/quote]

...in the Championship perhaps DD. Sorry, but you have to have some experience up front - the defenders and keepers are considerably more skilled and accurate in the Premiership so we cannot expect 2 guys to come in and continue as they did in the Fizzy League banging in almost a goal a game (would be nice though ).

You''re right Brum Uni Canary, if we are going to sign another striker, it would preferably be one with decent Premiership experience. Maybe an ''old'' head up front who the other strikers can learn from for a nominal fee on a 6 month contract (Kevin Campbell is the only one I can think of at the moment...) and a good centre back on-loan (Huth perhaps?)

Don''t really see any point in signing Harewood, he''s not good enough for the Premiership and I can''t see it happening simply due to numbers...unless of course we''re selling either Svensson or McKenzie. If we have Ashton, Harewood, Svensson and McKenzie on our books, what does that say to Crow and Jarvis?

[quote]You''re right Brum Uni Canary, if we are going to sign another striker, it would preferably be one with decent Premiership experience. Maybe an ''old'' head up front who the other strikers can learn from...[/quote]

Harewood not good enough Campbell?. So what does that say about us then!.

I''ve always said ''HE'' will sign, and yes, I would prefer him ahead of Ashton. Although I''m a bit potty of late!.

Mind you, I''m ''over the moon'' about Dean signing for the club, as I''m sure you are.

If you saw the reception Harewood got from the Norwich fans yesterday, you''d be surprised if he ended up here, on saying that however, he had a really good game

took the words out of my mouth Brum!

Exactly what i think, but ashtons young, and shows loads of talent, so i believe he will be great at top level........... WATCH OUT HUCKERS!

[quote]You''re right Brum Uni Canary, if we are going to sign another striker, it would preferably be one with decent Premiership experience. Maybe an ''old'' head up front who the other strikers can learn from...[/quote]

Its says to crow and Jarvis your time will come MAYBE but its now that counts as so many of us have been shouting for (IE) Ashton , if worthy had not brought anyone and he said lets rely on the kids i don''t think there would be very many happy bunnies.

I hope were not in for him.. He looked pretty clumsy yesterday and I didn''t really like the cut of his jib. Apart from the goal  all he really did was throw his arms around in exasperation at his teamates..

The "You''ll never play for Norwich" chants made me laugh though

[quote]Harewood not good enough Campbell?. So what does that say about us then!. I''ve always said ''HE'' will sign, and yes, I would prefer him ahead of Ashton. Although I''m a bit potty of late!. Mind you, I...[/quote]

Your posts are generally full of rubbish 1st Wizard, but are you seriously saying if you could have either Ashton OR Harewood, you''d go for Harewood!? Are you mental?

I don''t understand why you''re so obsessed with Marlon...he''s not even that good in all honesty; only scored 3 more goals than Mark Rivers this season!

As for Ashton: absolutely delighted we''ve got him...a superb player already with bags more potential. Even *if* we go down this season, can you imagine Hucks and Ashton in the Championship? Total annihilation

Though I''m fairly hopeful that with another signing on loan, we''ll stay up with a few games to spare...  

I have a good friend who supports West Ham whilst his son supports Norwich.  Accordingly he attends both grounds on a regular basis.  He coaches junior teams and has been involved with "motivation" courses for both Arsenal and Liverpool, so I am always interested in his views. In his opinion Harewood would not cut it in the Premiership as he has a similar problem to Leon....his first touch

What Harewoods goal tells us is that the NCFC defence is not up to the job rather than Harewood being the answer to our problems.Again I was unimpressed with his performance on Sat and still feel he is no better than the non ashton strikers already at the club.I agree with the suggestion that if we can sign another striker they MUST have some prem experience - although they have moved on the experience of Ferdinand or Campbell would have been invaluable to the novice striker that is Dean Ashton - Channon and Donowa springs to mind.OTBC