Sign in to follow this  
Crispy

Wigan & Villa agree fee for N'Zogbia ....

"Aston Villa are set to sign Wigan winger Charles N''Zogbia in a £9.5m deal."

So this deal is looking like it will go ahead, decent business & Villa have their Downing replacement. But for Norwich does this make our opening game that little bit easier ? I great example of N''Zogbia''s importance is the game where his 2 goals relegated West Ham last season & Wigan came from 2 - 0 down to win the game.I have no doubt that last season if Wigan didn''t have N''Zogbia they would been relegated so in light of this I believe we really should be hoping we cope with this fixture. Obviously we could still lose this game & manage to stay up or win the league, but we couldn''t really ask for a better team to start up against especially without their talisman. Hopefully they leave it late to replace him or take a risk on a foreign player that takes a few games adjust !

I take your point but I think the best thing going for Wigan (possibly the only thing) is that they have a half-decent manager. I think they''re more dangerous with him armed with £10m to spend than with N''Zogbia who is a talented but tempramental figure. Wigan''s dressing room spirit just improved greatly and they''re £10m richer into the bargain. The plus is that without N''Zogbia they now lack a cutting edge, but I think Martinez, with his array of contacts across Europe, will find a suitable replacement. You make a good point however that this may well be a foreign player who may not neccesarily adjust first game.

This is great news for us. Now all we need is Rodallega to move and I will make Wigan one of my favourites, with QPR for relegation, unless of course they sign Cody. [:D]