Sign in to follow this  
????

On The Ball City

Just came across the original song on youtube and it got me thinking why can''t it be sang like this today. Would sound so much better than the fast dreary way it is sung these days. Perhaps it could be played before the start of every game?? thoughts?

here is the link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPVn9eLOkF0&feature=related

It''s absolute magic

諾維奇城, trouble is it might be half time before we finish.

[quote user="Gene Tierney"]Sometimes OTBC is sung so bloody fast it''s bleeding ridiculous.[/quote]The problem is it isn''t sung now, it''s a chant that''s getting faster and faster.

If it was to be played at the start of every home game, hopefully everyone will join in! bit like "never walk alone" " blue moon" and "marching on together" except "on the ball city" is unique, it''s our song and it is the oldest song in football today! We should be proud of it!

Wishfull thinking eyy....

That is the song (note song)

Something that was sung at special occasions and great games

Sadly it has now become a manic bark, more like the sound of an over wound cuckoo clock on speed that''s screeched out rather than sung

Can you imagine " You''ll Never Walk Alone", "Keep right on to the end of the road", "I''m forever blowing bubbles", "The Blaydon races" being destroyed in such a way ?

Even Stoke with "Delilah" and the egg chasers "Swing low sweet chariot" are sung

How on earth did we lose a such a wonderful song that could raise the hairs on the back of your neck and end up with this embarrassing, lunatic shriek ?

[quote user="Gene Tierney"]Sometimes OTBC is sung so bloody fast it''s bleeding ridiculous.[/quote]

Yes. If we sung it correctly it would be spine tingling. But as its sung these days it just sounds naff.

[quote user="merson_dim"][quote user="Gene Tierney"]Sometimes OTBC is sung so bloody fast it''s bleeding ridiculous.[/quote]

Yes. If we sung it correctly it would be spine tingling. But as its sung these days it just sounds naff.[/quote]

It was quite meaningful when it was a rugby song,and when we first nicked it off Norwich Rugby club, how times change.

That''s not the original - how can it be? it doesn''t start with the immortal: "Everybody in the Norwich and Peterborough River End, the Family Enclosure, the Jarrold Stand, the Barclay and the the Mr Clutch Snaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaake Pit, 3 2 1"!If you can get the old version sung and get the announcer to STFU, then I will be forever in your debt..... Where do I sign up to the campaign?

I''ve just asked McNally if we could have this original version played before games, I''ll let you know if he replies.

To hear 38,000 sing it is spine chilling, todays limp version is an insult to its memory, we need it back.....it can win games sung like that..[Y]

With everyone on this.The proper version is so much more majestic. A packed Carrow Road singing it at the right tempo would be spine tingling.Unfortunately the speed clappers would never understand [:|]

[quote user="Harry"][quote user="Gene Tierney"]Sometimes OTBC is sung so bloody fast it''s bleeding ridiculous.[/quote]The problem is it isn''t sung now, it''s a chant that''s getting faster and faster.[/quote]I totally agree.  We all need to get a grip of it before it''s bastardized any further.

[quote user="alysha"]I''ve just asked McNally if we could have this original version played before games, I''ll let you know if he replies.[/quote]

Bloody well done...lets hope he reads this thread too.

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPVn9eLOkF0&feature=related[/url]

In my humble opinion on the ball city has been ruined and I for one would love to hear the original played before the players come out and hopefully that way we could get the crowd to sing it as it should be sung, now wouldnt that be a wonderful thing.