Sign in to follow this  
TwoSheds

Time to polish up on your Spanish Hucks!

Well Hucks me old boy,get down to WHSmiths & buy yourself a Spanish language book. Whatever Liverpoool want to pay for you will probably be double what we payed for you & selling Hucks would be good business. He hasnt proved a thing in the Premiership with us yet,only a few dazy runs during the matches and some great penalties lol. He might have been great for us last season but that was the fizzy league which undoubtably he is to good for,but as for the Prem...well he aint all that is he.He was crap and Coventry & ManCity & is now following his dazy footsteps with us.

Lets face it,he''s only really popular with the kids & the female supporters for his looks and hair cut. Any supporter with knowledge of the beautifull game knows he isnt up to it & lots of you posters will agree with me but would not dare to agree on the posting for fear of getting slated. Well thats what the boards are for,putting your opinions across & you shouldnt be afraid to do so.

He aint gonna score if he aint got the ball !

Well, speaking as a female, he''s popular with me because he chose to play for us above others and he''s committed to the cause, even if he doesn''t always get it right.  Haircuts and looks don''t bother me whatsoever and, if I may say so, I find it a bit demeaning to have it implied that that is one of the major reasons for his so-called popularity amongst my sex.  Sorry if this sounds as though I''m climbing on a very high horse right now, but your post rankled a bit with me for this one obvious reason, even though I fully accept your right to post what you want on here. 

[quote]Well Hucks me old boy,get down to WHSmiths & buy yourself a Spanish language book. Whatever Liverpoool want to pay for you will probably be double what we payed for you & selling Hucks would b...[/quote]

TwoSheds,

Why come on here with such a stupid post to just try and annoy everyone. If it wasnt for Hucks we wouldnt be where we are and he has made a terrific contribution not only to the team but to general moral of the players, fans and club in general..

How can you slate your own players?

Quote :  Hucks is more of a creative player nowadays and now we have signed Ashton just watch us fly now!

How true Canary Boy.  Lets look onwards and upwards.

Come on you Yellows 

[quote]A typical reply from Dunble....dont worry you can still keep his poster up on your bedroom wall[/quote]

well twosheds, i am with DD on this one

to sell hucks would be madness, he makes things happen, sorry to all of you who think otherwise, if he were to pick up an injury as have most of the team, you would see a difference immediately. 

to say he is only popular with kids and females is also way off mark, i have seen hundreds of hucks shirts worn by men, he is now (and will be forever) a local hero, he gained us promotion - provided the catalyst to take us there

also, don''t forget his arrival and success must have had some bearing on the board now splashing out on dean ashton!  For that and that alone he will forever be rememebered as one of the greatest norwich players of recent times

[quote]TwoSheds, Why come on here with such a stupid post to just try and annoy everyone. If it wasnt for Hucks we wouldnt be where we are and he has made a terrific contribution not only to the team but to...[/quote]

City Angel  ,   its  strange the paths that jealousy takes .........  the Hucks knockers   are to be pitied  ........ for they know not  what they`re  on about !

Agreed, this is a daft post.

Not only does Hucks present one of few threats going forward, he draws man marks by the half a dozen. Sometimes during the Pool match he dragged three men away from their mark! Imagine what Ashton could do with such space!

Furthermore, he gives it his all every time, and he never blames anyone bar himself. Hucks shouldered the blame today, probably unfairly. He was one of our better players.

What do you expect out of him? Goals every game? Let''s be serious - last season, he came to us and scored 14 because he was underestimated by a lot of teams. Teams in the Prem know he''s dangerous, and mark him very tightly. Against Liverpool he skinned Finnan several times.

Also, let''s not forget his ability to set goals up. Today''s game showed us that - he had a hand in most of our opportunities tonight, and he does score one or two. He''s got five for us so far. As he''s played left wing most season I think that''s a good rate.

Hucks is an essential player, and maybe one or two more ignorant fans seem to think he''s capable to beating sides by himself. He''s not.

[quote]Well Hucks me old boy,get down to WHSmiths & buy yourself a Spanish language book. Whatever Liverpoool want to pay for you will probably be double what we payed for you & selling Hucks would b...[/quote]

Darren has pace, good crossing ability and wins (and scores) penalties. Hes also pretty much a cert for 10+ goals a season, as hes already proving.

To sell him (barring absolutely silly money) would be as bad for our survival chances as selling Green imo.

Two sheds

Are you still on the xmas beer.Hucks has been the best investment city have made for many meny years.Just my opinon but if we let him go, (But that ain''t gonna happen) we are doomed to go down.Any ways talking of transfers why not Lee trundell?

Two sheds, you are either blind or stupid, or maybe both. I have never heard such nonsense from anyone outside of stupidsville.

Huckerby is fantastic and I personally would be gutted if we sold him. He is the most important player at the club right now and without him we would not be able to create a fart let alone a goal.

I heard that fish is good for the brain, need a map to Asda?

[quote]I''ll give my opinion when he''s played with Ashton et al upfront, and we''ll see how many goals he can set up, because we know he''s not a goal scorer!!!![/quote]

You KNOW he`s not a goal scorer !! ?    ........... 

[quote]TwoSheds, Why come on here with such a stupid post to just try and annoy everyone. If it wasnt for Hucks we wouldnt be where we are and he has made a terrific contribution not only to the team but to...[/quote]

Because  he just doesn`t  have a clue !!

Just got back from West Ham - (We were a disgrace by the way)

Well said City Angel and Susie B.

Take no notice of twosheds - he is obviously a binner, Guardian reader or BBC reporter!!

Bury Yellow :-

we''re a lowly premiership side playing a top championship side away i.e. we''re not that far apart so the result (as expected by the bookies) wasn''t a great surprise really. If Jonson and Hucks had the composure to find the net and get our noses in front we''d have beaten them comfortably. some of the individual performances weren''t that bad.

Guardian reader? Whats wrong with being a Guardian reader-they''re about the only paper that rates our play this season, and called us "the neutrals club" or something along those lines.

Anyway, Hucks? A hero, and someone who always gives his all for the club....just a shame he didn''t score from two very good chances.

We weren''t shocking today by the way...though we did get worse after the break. Or maybe Wham improved. Flem was blinding though in the first half.....really fantastic.

Straight in at number 2 with the most senseless post of the week. 2nd only to 1st wiz''s from yesterday(which admittedly will take some beating)

Are you just after someone to talk too 2sheds, where would we be without hucks, he missed a good chance yesterday but who else in the team would have even got there to miss it, our team would be a much worse one without him.  If you do need someone to talk just ask instead of putting stupid posts like this one 

Well Two Sheds, I am about to get myself into all sorts of trouble here, but to quote Swindon Canary - "who do Premiership teams fear most in the City side?" - well if it''s Huckerby (on his current form) then it really doesn''t bode very well for City''s future in the Premiership does it?

Don''t get me wrong - we would be stupid to sell him at this point of the season but this blind faith in a player who has yet again still got a lot to prove in at this level is unfortunately a malaise on this board.  The comments about him being popular with the kids and ladies was a bit silly - his popularity is probably more due to his appearance at a time when things started to turn around and due to his ability to skin most Championship defences. 

Don''t knock us for seeing through Huckerby - the same people who glorify him are the people who are so viciously slating Helveg & Jonson - you can''t have it both ways folks!

[quote]Straight in at number 2 with the most senseless post of the week. 2nd only to 1st wiz''s from yesterday(which admittedly will take some beating)[/quote]

I object Essex Boy!. Had I a good grasp of hindsight (moon in Jupiter rising etc) my post would never have been made.

Unlike Two Sheds effort, it contained no malice, although I''m quite proud of it, in a twisted way.

My views on Hucks is covered by my message signature I believe.

Watching the replays this morning  , and for the life of me I can`t understand what the Hucks  critics are whinging about ! .... yes the ball hit the post  , but it was clearly  directed away from the goal keeper  and towards  the  corner , a few inches to the right and  those whingers would  be calling him a hero !! ...................   and why didn`t these same whingers have a go at Jonson ? ........ Hucks gifted him a class pass , he only had the  goalie to beat  , and footed it straght to him  ..........    .....   I suspect these Hucks  haters have  blue t shirts !!!

Two sheds? Two brain cells. If you''re lucky.
Hairy Canary, you''re on the ball, mostly. There''s nothing wrong with the Guardian, half their staff are Norwich fans aren''t they?
But Flem blinding? The Doc was blinding (MOTM) but every time Flem got the ball he hoofed it back to West Ham.