Sign in to follow this  
jamie 10

Who would your front 2 or maybe 3 be??

After the friendlys we have had so far and all the goals that have been going in, i was just intrested in peoples views on the partnership up front? who would be your starting 2 or 3??

I think so far i would have to go for Holt and Morrison, with little Wes behind but we have so may different types of strikers where Lambert can change it up.

Things are looking good from my point of view!

Difficult one this, Holt and Morrison are very similar in style, but i would say that Morrison probably holds the ball up in a central position better where as Holt is prepared to run the channels all day long, therefore the big man/ small man scenario may work better with Morrison flicking on for Vaughan/Jackson etc. However going by last seasons performances i would definitely start the season with Holt and probably partner him with Vaughan. But i would be happy with any combination from our striking dept!! (Sitting on the fence a bit, Sorry)!!

Depends on who we are playing. But for Wigan, provided we are sticking to the diamond, Holt and Jackson.

I''m happy with either combination at the moment. I don''t agree that Morison is similar to Holt and that Vaughan like Jackson would benefit from playing off a big target man. First of all, Morison is not a typical target man, he is strong but he also has pace; Vaughan is no little pacy player either, granted he is quick, but he also seems athletic and strong.

Holt and Jackson- Hopefully they''ll carry on where they left off.

Everyone seems a bit dismissive of Jackson. He was very prolific towards the end of the season and I think he could be a real handful next year

Definitely Holt - Jackson at the moment as a striking pair.

Unless anything dramatically changes during pre-season (IE Jacksons hits a bit of rubbish form, or Vaughan starts scoring for fun)

Thinking about it abit more i think i would start Holt and vaughan i think Vaughan and hope he is going to have that class of a finish in his locker, and im really looking forward to seeing pilkington in action (sorry about the spelling ) seen a few matches of him and hes got a bit of class about him, edge of the seat player, could mold into another Huckerby one day Maby

Holt and Jackson unless Vaughan or Morison are spectacularly better than either of them in the rest of pre season.

Wilbraham and Johnson

Wigan are sh!te so best let those two have a go, bring on Cody if we haven''t scored by halftime

Will have to bring Holt back and put in Morison for the Stoke game as they are a bit of ''rowdy'' - best keep out the midgets like Hooly and put the big boys in

As to Chelsea I wouldn''t have anyone up front, I would just pack the 18 yard box and go for the draw - bit unorthodox, but it might well work

I''m hoping he''ll go with Holty and Vaughan. As well as he did at the end of last season, I don''t think "one touch Jackson" will be a starter for the prem. Morrison looks good so I''d have him and Chrissy warming the bench, probably Jacko too, depending on the circumstances of the game they all have a different part they can play.

[quote user="Scooby"]I''m hoping he''ll go with Holty and Vaughan. As well as he did at the end of last season, I don''t think "one touch Jackson" will be a starter for the prem. Morrison looks good so I''d have him and Chrissy warming the bench, probably Jacko too, depending on the circumstances of the game they all have a different part they can play.[/quote]

"Thanks for helping us over the line Jacko, now F**k off!"

Blimey, short memories, doesn''t seem that long ago he was hailed a hero. How Fickle!

think there will be a lot of chopping and changing this season with some games played with a diamond and some 4-4-2, which would mean a change of starting eleven. wes probably in the diamond but on the bench for 4-4-2 for instance.