Sign in to follow this  
alysha

Crystal Palace Match Chat

Just listened to that link, first thing I hear is......''Norwich seem shot shy, how they have played tonight they won;t trouble any premier league defenses, they need to learn to shoot'' lol

Yes Mervy, it''s been wind up statement after wind up statement. Bitter. I was at Selhurst last year though and this game sounds as awful as that one was.

The commentary is pretty laughable to be honest. Basing our whole season on a pre-season friendly where we''ve used 21 players against a side well ahead of us, kicking off their season next week.

I would take no notice whatsoever in any pre-season game. Players are on 70% at most and I have rarely seen an entertaining pre-season match, quite simply as the effort and commitment is not there like you see in a proper match.

Chill.

Commentators said Vaughan didn''t travel as din''t want to play against a team he had just left?? Surely its more due to the fact he took a knock the other day?

"James Vaughan didn''t want to travel down tonight as he was a Crystal Palace player recently".

Hmmm. Dream on. Think it may be due to a slight knock picked up in Germany!!

Final Whistle. 1-0

Who are these commentators?  Absolutely ridiculous, I don''t care if they are biased towards Palace but there''s no need to consistently slate us like they''ve been.  Saying we''re shot shy, we wont score any goals etc etc.  I forgot Palace broke scoring records last season.

I hope we don''t make another Ashton mistake. We need a striker to hit the ground running this season, otherwise it''ll be brief.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]sheit 1-0 palarse, it''s going to be a long long season[/quote]Oh give it a fucking rest.

[quote user="TheGoogler"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]sheit 1-0 palarse, it''s going to be a long long season[/quote]Oh give it a fucking rest.[/quote][Y]

[quote user="Robornio"]I hope we don''t make another Ashton mistake. We need a striker to hit the ground running this season, otherwise it''ll be brief.[/quote]

It''s a friendly ffs

The "commentators" said that Speroni had delivered a "masterclass" on about 86 minutes, and then at the full time whistle said he had nothing to do and we were shot shy!!! make up your mind.

Will be interesting to see what those that travelled down there thought and if we were in pre-season stroll mode. Hope so, based on how worried they sounded about their upcoming season.

Makes you appreciate how lucky we are to have Gorum + A.N.Other.

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]Thats that then, if we can''t beat a poor Palace side then why bother turning up at Wigan?[/quote]

Its only frendly guys relax....

may be too heavy trainings in germany and palace is more fresh and more lucky

Stoke City example not win any game so far played mostly with teams from lig 1 lig 2 conferecne etc many others also struggle with results so nothing can read here!

[quote user="Mervmeister"]Commentators said Vaughan didn''t travel as din''t want to play against a team he had just left?? Surely its more due to the fact he took a knock the other day?[/quote]I''d like to think the bias isn''t lost on any City fan listening in.Can''t help but appreciate Goreham and Adams commentary a whole lot more after this.

As for the result, i''m really rather content. I don''t doubt the players physical fitness, but results like this will force them to buck up their ideas in match situations, without demoralizing or humiliating them.Pre-season is filled with ''shocking'' results. I believe Newcastle United lost 5-0 to Leyton Orient before going to win the Championship with 99 points, did they not?