Sign in to follow this  
Ncfc26

Positive Thread

If you think we are not on impending doom please just post here so it proves that some of us are sane

Not bothered about losing at Palarse in a friendly, our Smellhurst Park jinx just continuesIMO we are going to have a good season and will suprise quite a few teams so no impending doom here.

Just posting to notify that i''ve been taking my medication, and all is presently well in the John household.

Positive thread, how dare you, your positivity has been duly noted and quite rightly reported...............shame on you.

I was hoping some of the posts on the other thread were sarcastic,but i don''t think they were[:S]

I am mostly sane btw[Y]

[quote user="Herman "]

I was hoping some of the posts on the other thread were sarcastic,but i don''t think they were[:S]

I am mostly sane btw[Y]

[/quote]

People need to make more use of the emoticons so that their true intentions are clear. [au][mo][pi]

[quote user="paul moy"]The really positive thing was that I didn''t go to the game !![/quote]Because you were busy helping Cody pack?

[quote user="birchfest"][quote user="paul moy"]The really positive thing was that I didn''t go to the game !![/quote]Because you were busy helping Cody pack?[/quote]Brilliant.

Some of our supporters are really embarrassing to be frank. I don''t know if they are serious, insane, are failing at being sarcastic online or something else. I think the fact that we dominated the whole game and lost to a goal in the last few minutes to a team that is well ahead of us in fitness tells us that our lack in fitness meant that they had an advantage over us in the last few minutes and they took full advantage of that.

They say pro footballers at this level are always fit.  During their few short weeks off they''re given exercise programmes to stick to.  Saying we were beaten because they were more fit that us is just silly imo.

[quote user="Gene Tierney"]They say pro footballers at this level are always fit.  During their few short weeks off they''re given exercise programmes to stick to.  Saying we were beaten because they were more fit that us is just silly imo.[/quote]There is a diffirence between ''fit'' and ''match fit''.Palace, who kick off on the 6th of August, are pushing themselves towards match fitness, all their players are nearly at the fitness level they are expected to be when the season kicks off.Norwich, conversely, have just got back from a pre-season tour of Germany where they played teams that are nowhere near their level. Norwich are now (like many PL teams) bringing themselves towards match fitness. Before Norwich''s season kicks off on the 13th of August and have 5 friendlies to go PLUS the remainder of pre seson to reach match fitness.Crystal Palace''s players are fitter than Norwich''s at the moment, they''ve trained longer and harder because their season starts a week before Norwich''s the week between the two''s starts contains one friendly for Norwich and (I would presume) at least two training sessions. By the time Norwich''s season kicks off, I''m confident that the players will be just as fit, strong, fast and match ready as any of Palace''s  players.

[quote user="Gareth"][quote user="Gene Tierney"]They say pro footballers at this level are always fit.  During their few short weeks off they''re given exercise programmes to stick to.  Saying we were beaten because they were more fit that us is just silly imo.
[/quote]

There is a diffirence between ''fit'' and ''match fit''.

Palace, who kick off on the 6th of August, are pushing themselves towards match fitness, all their players are nearly at the fitness level they are expected to be when the season kicks off.

Norwich, conversely, have just got back from a pre-season tour of Germany where they played teams that are nowhere near their level. Norwich are now (like many PL teams) bringing themselves towards match fitness. Before Norwich''s season kicks off on the 13th of August and have 5 friendlies to go PLUS the remainder of pre seson to reach match fitness.

Crystal Palace''s players are fitter than Norwich''s at the moment, they''ve trained longer and harder because their season starts a week before Norwich''s the week between the two''s starts contains one friendly for Norwich and (I would presume) at least two training sessions. By the time Norwich''s season kicks off, I''m confident that the players will be just as fit, strong, fast and match ready as any of Palace''s  players.
[/quote]

Cheers. [Y]

I''m positive, the message board really annoyed me tonight so i haven''t read it till now.

I think alot of the messages are sarcastic, so i''ve put a few up on twitter. To start with i read them as serious! :)

Just hope that if players, such as Vaughan, see them he doesnt think we''re a bunch of mentals!

Relax and enjoy people. Got a great season coming up.

Its crazy how one deffeat on frendly at rubish ground make ppl unhappy!

We never loose 2 in a row last 2 years and no doubt this will not be same very soon.

If we doubt Lambert choise after evry deffeat this mood will be very bad for the club!

We must be behind the team all season because no doubt will be very hard year.

We are at dream place against all the odds and we can enjoy this!

Im almost sure that because fitnes level who is worst than championhip/lig one teams we hardly will win next 2 games southend/coventry and if this happen here will be mad place if ppl react like this after evry joke frendly game.

We must be p[ossitvie all the time.

On the ball!!!

[quote user="The Original Pboro_Canary"]

We are about to start a new season in the Premier League with the best manager we have had in years.

What''s not to be positive about?

[/quote]Exactly, save your negativity for when we are 3-0 down to Wigan after 10 mins [;)]

last season we could only draw away to lincoln in a totally forgettable friendly, so how come we got promoted. according to some doom mongers it''s lucky we wern''t relegated two divisions. players don''t go full out until fully fit to avoid injury. friendlys mean nothing in the scheme of competetive football.

Quite frankly some fans are idiots, who are at their most content when they have something to moan about.

The last two friendlies against our continental friends will be the ones I pay close attention to. As has been posted Palace are ahead in terms of fitness and prep as they kick off earlier, as will be the case with southend and coventry.

And it''s not as if we played badly last night, sounded like a great workout and our 1st proper serious match to get us back in the groove. Finally a good pre season has no bearing on the real thing, just look back 2 years ago, we beat Palace at their place, then beat Wigan at home.....fans were optimistic of Norwich under Gunn, then what happened?

Impending doom?

Look, we can survive next season, probably we will not. That is the bare bones of it.

If we dont get relegated we can cement ourself in the prem next season

If we go down disasterously so what? we will almost certainly still have lambert whether its a tight battle or not. And we have a v strong team for the bounceback.

And we are still ahead in an achievable 5 year plan for sustained prem football.

where is the impending doom in that?????

OTBC

bad pre season equals great season so it''s a win win situation in friendlies. Or is that a lose win, win lose or lose lose win win situation!!!!!