Sign in to follow this  
paul moy

Highlights v Nordhausen

I just watched them and was very impressed with a free kick we scored. Has anybody else seen it and can they tell me who the scorer (No.4) was ?

[quote user="paul moy"]I just watched them and was very impressed with a free kick we scored. Has anybody else seen it and can they tell me who the scorer (No.4) was ?[/quote]

I can tell you who it wasn''t Mr Moy[;)][:P]

Thanks Alysha.  Bradley Johnson should take all free kicks from now on because that really was a very skillful goal, better than anything Beckham could deliver IMO.  

He did bend it well but the opposition were hardly Gorleston class. Wilbraham''s 25yarder in the 1st half (4th goal) was a cracker.

Where would one find these highlights?Don''t say Canaries player ;)

[quote user="yellow blood"]He did bend it well but the opposition were hardly Gorleston class. Wilbraham''s 25yarder in the 1st half (4th goal) was a cracker.[/quote]

The class of opposition is irrelevant on that free kick, as regardless of that class the taker has to chip over a stationary wall while at the same time bending the ball into the net out of the reach of the goalkeeper. That would have thus have been a goal against any opposition as it was unstoppable, and I reiterate that in my view Beckham could not have done better.

One free kick does not make him better than Beckham. Have you seen any of Becks free kicks?

You can find loads of class goals from lower league players, even non-proffesional footballers, it doesn''t mean there better.

Once Johnson has scored his 15th goal from free kicks this season, then you can say he''s better than Becks.

[quote user="paul moy"]DDD, did you see the free-kick ? [/quote]

Was it such a good freekick that it made you stammer?

[quote user="paul moy"]

[quote user="yellow blood"]He did bend it well but the opposition were hardly Gorleston class. Wilbraham''s 25yarder in the 1st half (4th goal) was a cracker.[/quote]

The class of opposition is irrelevant on that free kick, as regardless of that class the taker has to chip over a stationary wall while at the same time bending the ball into the net out of the reach of the goalkeeper. That would have thus have been a goal against any opposition as it was unstoppable, and I reiterate that in my view Beckham could not have done better.

[/quote]

As I said, he did bend it well but A) Was the keeper positioned in the best place, B) Was the wall set up correctly, C) Did the wall actually make themselves "big", D) I''m sure Cody would have scored it too... [:P]