Sign in to follow this  
nottingham nick

Marlon Harewood

Why didn''t Marlon Harewood celebrate scoring the goal that put West Ham through to next round of FA Cup ?

Is it that he didn''t want to upset Canary fans ?

Whenever he has scored against Forest (his old team) he has not celebrated because he accepts that it would upset Forest fans whom he has a lot of respect for.

I might be jumping to conclusions !!!

Sorry mate I think you are being too optimistic.  There is a new bread of strikers who, for some unknown reason, don''t celebrate goals like back in the day and think it''s cooler to stand there and take the applause.  Give me a Psycho celebration anyday!

he''s been gettin grief off the west ham fans, apparently gettin booed n stuff. think it were just a silent proyest against em. would be nice tho eh. i think he''d be a great signing!

harewood will come to norwich i reckon -for bout 1.1  mil. worthy wants him and all this rubbish bout how we cant afford him we all no is rubbish. hel sign in time for boro at home

I think it''s because he''s from the Thiery Henry school of celebrating, i.e. standing there looking like someone has just run over your kitten! I find this annoying and unnatural, I scored a goal on Saturday (11-aside) and yesterday (6-aside) and both times I celebrated like i''d just won the lottery! In fact, in the 6-aside game i''d just scored the winning goal and whilst celebrating forget the game restarts from the keeper through out, this is a problem when I am still punching the air and the opposition are attacking.

Give me an old school Stuart Pearce celebration any day, forget these stupid "cool" celebrations, they look rubbish. 

I don''t think he''ll join us and to be honest I don''t think we need him (well not until he learns to celebrate a goal properly!).  

There''s a report on Sky''s website now suggesting we might have made a £3 million bid for him, which has been rejected.  Where is this all leading, one wonders?

All this tallk about Harewood. Can anyone remember  a tall talented young academy striker of three years ago. Partner to the the pint sized Henderson and the over rated Jarvis. Shown  the door for reasons beyond me. Seen by the whole football nation on T.V. this weekend. scoring convincingly against the best defence in the country. Remember the name of Paul Hayes the one who was  shown the door.