Sign in to follow this  
LeJuge

Non Matching Block Quotes

Who has this problem and who doesn''t? I have always had it, on three different computers, anybody else?

I''ve known it to always come up when quoting someone with punctuation in their username. For instance if you quote me it''ll appear, but remove the full stop from in the quote tag and it should work.

Although it appears from reading the "Vaughans knee" thread, you already knew that.

I did know that at least some people had the problem, I want to see if it is widespread. I just criticised somebody for having symbols, because it''s a pain the backside.... before realising that the problem may not be widespread and that I may have to apologise. But as far as I am aware everybody has the problem, that is what I want to ascertain. If it turns out that it is a minority, and something to do with my browser, then I''ll apologise to that poster. Didn''t bother to quote you there ;-)

[quote user="Northluck C."]I''ve known it to always come up when quoting someone with punctuation in their username. For instance if you quote me it''ll appear, but remove the full stop from in the quote tag and it should work.
[/quote]

Just trying it...

[quote user="LeJuge"]I did know that at least some people had the problem, I want to see if it is widespread. I just criticised somebody for having symbols, because it''s a pain the backside.... before realising that the problem may not be widespread and that I may have to apologise. But as far as I am aware everybody has the problem, that is what I want to ascertain. If it turns out that it is a minority, and something to do with my browser, then I''ll apologise to that poster.

Didn''t bother to quote you there ;-)
[/quote]

===

For what it''s worth (using Internet Explorer) I normally only have this non-matching whatsit problem with symbols. For example, quoting dear old Tangible, as one often does, one has to remove the ? from his name.

[quote user="Harry"]It happens to everyone on here, it does''t matter what browser you use.[/quote]I thought that too, but 211203 managed to quote me above fine.

Testing...[quote user="...."][/quote]Okay, it appears full stops don''t cause it. [:S]