Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Cody told to find another club!

[quote user="paul moy"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

It''s a sad day. Cody is far from a lower league plodder and will command a decent transfer fee in a couple of years time. If there isn''t a substantial sell on clause then we will definitely regret it.

Wilbraham and Lappin aren''t good enough for the Prem.

You need help

[:@][:(]

[/quote]

All is not lost until he is gone though. A few more goalless games like this evening''s and who knows........

[/quote]

[quote user="paul moy"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

It''s a sad day. Cody is far from a lower league plodder and will command a decent transfer fee in a couple of years time. If there isn''t a substantial sell on clause then we will definitely regret it.

Wilbraham and Lappin aren''t good enough for the Prem.

[:@][:(]

[/quote]

All is not lost until he is gone though. A few more goalless games like this evening''s and who knows........

[/quote]

The problem is, Cody only has a year left on his contract, it would therefore make no sense to send him out on loan again, only for him to leave on a free next summer, unless we offered him a new contract, and if we did, would he accept it after successive loan spells away from this club? We either sell him now or offer him a new contract, this obviously hasn''t been done or if it has, Cody has rejected it, as he wouldn''t of had any guarantees of first team opportunites within the immediate future. Cody made it quite clear last season that he would love to secure a move back to Gillingham, and Lambert''s actions suggest that Cody is not part of his plans. Selling him would be best for both parties I believe.

If we want to sell him then why turn down a good offer from Peterborough ? It does not make sense and it''s not fair on him. He has had no pre-season and will be playing catch-up wherever he goes, just as he did last season.  

[quote user="paul moy"]If we want to sell him then why turn down a good offer from Peterborough ? It does not make sense and it''s not fair on him. He has had no pre-season and will be playing catch-up wherever he goes, just as he did last season.  [/quote]

How do we know that the figure we turned down, according to Fry was true? We all know how much rubbish comes out of his mouth. Lambert has also said that some of the players which were left behind and didn''t go to Germany have had offers from other clubs which they have chosen to decline, how do we know that Cody wasn''t one them players? At the end of the day, we all have our favourite players who we are sad to see leave, but I''m trusting Lambert and McNally on this one. Each to their own though, regardless of what I think, it''s refreshing to see someone back a player so much as opposed to constant criticism of a certian player.

"if you had a contract and were told please move on and save us money by taking an enourmos wage cut would you say ok Mr Lambert no problem "

What a completely idiotic comment - and contradictrory at that

"if you had a contract " then by the fact that it is a contract the club are obliged to carry on paying it

"save us money by taking an enourmos wage cut "

What pay cut ? If the player is on 5 grand a week for another year then if he leaves he continues to get that 5 grand for another year. that can be done by the ''buying'' club buy out that contract. The ''buying'' club offering a lower contract with City making up the difference or City simply paying off the contract ie the full amount of the remaining contract.

Unfortunately many of the terminally dim confuse the total sum of the remaing contract and the future contract as a transfer fee.

I should imagine that the necessary clauses were put into every contract stating that Premier League wages are paid if you are in the 25 man squad, which would also exclude you from win bonuses, league position bonuses etc were you not

I should also imagine that it is a bit like house sale chains whereby club A need to sell play B in order to buy player C - unfortunately club A can''t sell because club D haven''t sold/transferred their player.

I''m fairly certain the unwanted six will be gone by Aug 31st and if McNally has his say we will get the best deal, even though what is speculated in the media may not suggest so

Out of all the players outside of the 25 man squad, i think it''s fair to say Cody is the fans favourite.

With that in mind, why doesnt someone from Archant, when the opportunity arises, bring this point up to Lambert to see his reaction.

It does feel as though Cody has been shut out, but in reality i''m sure this is far from the truth and Lambert has been very good to him in explaining his plans.

If we trust in lambert with his signings why not with who he releases???

As far as peterborough we dont know whether lamberts comments about not wanting to go include cody.

Good decision by PL (shock headline there) for all the names mentioned.

And, thank you all for your contributions and good luck , I want them all to go and do well somewhere else in the future.

[quote user="Skijumptoes"]Out of all the players outside of the 25 man squad, i think it''s fair to say Cody is the fans favourite.

With that in mind, why doesnt someone from Archant, when the opportunity arises, bring this point up to Lambert to see his reaction.

It does feel as though Cody has been shut out, but in reality i''m sure this is far from the truth and Lambert has been very good to him in explaining his plans.[/quote]Lets be honest.. Cody scored twice for us in the championship, popular for a debut goal in a roy of the Rovers moment against Coventry.he grabbed a few in league 1 but was never going to steal the thunder.A load of goals in league 2 for a rubbish Gillingham side suggests cody has potential.. but this is the bottom league of English Football and Cody McDonald is in his mid 20''s not a raw teenager trying to impress. Lambert has deemed cody not good enough for the championship so theres no way in hell he''s good enough for the premiership.I wish him well and thank him for the goals....

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Skijumptoes"]Out of all the players outside of the 25 man squad, i think it''s fair to say Cody is the fans favourite. With that in mind, why doesnt someone from Archant, when the opportunity arises, bring this point up to Lambert to see his reaction. It does feel as though Cody has been shut out, but in reality i''m sure this is far from the truth and Lambert has been very good to him in explaining his plans.[/quote]

Lets be honest.. Cody scored twice for us in the championship, popular for a debut goal in a roy of the Rovers moment against Coventry.

he grabbed a few in league 1 but was never going to steal the thunder.

A load of goals in league 2 for a rubbish Gillingham side suggests cody has potential.. but this is the bottom league of English Football and Cody McDonald is in his mid 20''s not a raw teenager trying to impress.

Lambert has deemed cody not good enough for the championship so theres no way in hell he''s good enough for the premiership.

I wish him well and thank him for the goals....
[/quote]

Cardiff wasn''t it??  And to be fair he scored some vitally important goals for us in L1.

But agreed, he isn''t good enough for us, we cant risk playing someone like McDonald week in, week out, and I''m sure he doesn''t want to sit around this season waiting for the slim chance of playing for the first team.