Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Cody told to find another club!

There has been some interest in him already from other clubs, but clubs from lower divisions will struggle to meet our asking price c. £550k.

Perhaps Posh will come up with a much better offer as we get nearer to the end of the window!

[quote user="Salopian"]There has been some interest in him already from other clubs, but clubs from lower divisions will struggle to meet our asking price c. £550k. Perhaps Posh will come up with a much better offer as we get nearer to the end of the window![/quote]

Presumably, Dartford would have insisted on a sell on clause which could be a substantial pay day for them!

"Lambert confirmed yesterday his Premier League pre-season planning does not include the senior professionals omitted from the club’s overseas tour. Owain Tudur Jones, Cody McDonald, Oli Johnson, Steven Smith, Stephen Hughes and Anthony McNamee were also notable absentees from last week’s Norwich XI games at Wroxham and Histon.

“It’s entirely up to the lads,” said Lambert. “Their agents are working for them to go and do something. I think a few of them have had chances to go but they’ve not taken it, so they’re still here. The lads know. I sat down and spoke to them towards the end of last season. "

Suggests that some of them are quite happy to sit here collecting their salaries knowing full well no other club will pay them anything close to what we are [8-)]

[quote user="First Wizard"]

Huzzah! at last, now lets move on:   [IMG]http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Happy/happy-048.gif[/IMG]

http://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/places_are_up_for_grabs_lambert_1_974838

[/quote]

Move on Wiz? You cannot be serious as every goal he scores,every assist,every penalty he takes for whoever Cody plays for next season will result in a thread on here as sure as night follows day until he hangs up his boots[:''(][:@]

Big mistake letting cody go could this be lamberts downfall?

[quote user="Better Wizard"]Big mistake letting cody go could this be lamberts downfall?[/quote]

How exactly is it to be his downfall?

Lol joanna bit. Ha i''m glad codys off hopefully will shut up a few on this board who seem to have some sort of bizarre obsession with him. I was being ironic to spell it out to you simpletons.

[quote user="Better Wizard"]Lol joanna bit. Ha i''m glad codys off hopefully will shut up a few on this board who seem to have some sort of bizarre obsession with him. I was being ironic to spell it out to you simpletons.[/quote]

Simpletons?

Yep as in you the ones who question everything as it is without looking into other reasoning''s behind what is said.

[quote user="Better Wizard"]Big mistake letting cody go could this be lamberts downfall?[/quote]

No, but there is much room for embarrassment if we cannot score goals in the Prem and Cody, as I strongly predict, is knocking them in every other game in the Champs.

[quote user="Better Wizard"]Lol joanna bit. Ha i''m glad codys off hopefully will shut up a few on this board who seem to have some sort of bizarre obsession with him. I was being ironic to spell it out to you simpletons.[/quote]New to the forum (How many Cody posts by the way). Lambert obviously doesn''t consider Cody good enough for Prem standard and thats good enough for me. The ''I''m glad Cody is off'' stuff is harsh. I agree in that the prem has come to soon for him, but the guy has run himself into the ground everytime he has worn the shirt. He scored a few important goals and I for one enjoyed watching him in the brief spell he has had with us. He has been unfortunate we as a club under Lambert has progressed so quickly. Good luck where ever you end up Cody lad

I love cody but i hate the cody fanclub on this board. Deluded fans who know next to my wife on the rules, the laws the basic fundamentals of football. They do my head in on here when they seem to think cody is the answer for everything he isn''t but im glad cody has made something of himself and is not a scaffy anymore.

[quote user="Better Wizard"]Lol joanna bit. Ha i''m glad codys off hopefully will shut up a few on this board who seem to have some sort of bizarre obsession with him. I was being ironic to spell it out to you simpletons.[/quote]

Better Wizard spelling things out for other people - now that is irony.

Good luck to him. As other posters have stated, he has always run himself in the ground when he''s worn a city shirt. I think our current situation has come a couple of seasons too soon for Cody. If he carrys on the way he''s going he will have a good career, just not with us. Lambert can''t promise him a future here, and he isn''yt the kind of manager to stand in someones way (Nelson)

Bethnal as i have stated before i was unfortunately born with dyslexia however it didnt stop me having two of my own businesses from the age of 23 did it. You can try and pick on others and bully me down but im sure i have done alot more with my life then you have ever done. ANd i say this by the fact you live in Bethnal green says it all enjoy opening your kebab shop tomorrow :D

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]Paul Moy you are Cody''s Dad and I claim my five pounds![/quote]You obviously don''t know Paul - he''s 6'' something and built like a brick sh*thouse!  Cody is WLY''s lovechild I reckon.

I''m not sure that the best way of driving up his price is to publicly make clear that he has no future here.

[quote user="Better Wizard"]Bethnal as i have stated before i was unfortunately born with dyslexia however it didnt stop me having two of my own businesses from the age of 23 did it. You can try and pick on others and bully me down but im sure i have done alot more with my life then you have ever done. ANd i say this by the fact you live in Bethnal green says it all enjoy opening your kebab shop tomorrow :D[/quote]

Bethnal do you want to tell him or shall i?[;)]

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="First Wizard"]

Huzzah! at last, now lets move on:   [IMG]http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Happy/happy-048.gif[/IMG]

http://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/places_are_up_for_grabs_lambert_1_974838

[/quote]

Move on Wiz? You cannot be serious as every goal he scores,every assist,every penalty he takes for whoever Cody plays for next season will result in a thread on here as sure as night follows day until he hangs up his boots[:''(][:@]

[/quote]Even if Cody ended up playing Sunday League football, there''d be a thread every time he scored lol

Go on til tell me how much of a success story he is? However my point is i may have bad spelling but i have still done well out of life therefore there''s no need to nitpick :)

I have a feeling this is a similar situation to Nelson, Cody needs to leave to further his career and had we still been in the Championship he would of featured in our plans

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]no suprise that any of them are leaving the club. although as i said the other day I liked Hughes and would have liked to have seen him given a chance especially after missing alot of last season with injury.

[/quote]Ive always had a soft spot for Hughes, largely because I went to the Leeds away match in the league 1 and watched him and Russel boss the midfield and make leeds look like the away team for most of the match. Also remember him coming on and changing the game against Huddersfield at home to. Certainly showed glimpses of quality but I think I would have Surman over him in my squad and Lambert obviously feels the same.As for Cody, I have to admit I got caught up in the fairy tale and wanted him to succeed for that reason. And well he has and we should be happy for him, he will go to a lower league club and do well and his family will benifit from the chance Norwich gave him. I also still love watching the highlights of the goal he got against Cardiff in his first ever match... the way he dropped to the floor after it must have felt amazing coming from nothing to scoring in front of 24,000 people. Goodluck cody!

If he was here a year longer it''d be worth loaning him out, but we may as well make some money and free up some wages whilst we can, stick in a healthy sell-on clause and wave goodbye to the scaffolder.

I can''t honestly see how people think he is better than Holt, Jackson, Vaughan, Morrison and Martin. He''d never get a game with us.

There''s no doubt he can score goals, comfortably in LEAGUE TWO. I''m sure he could hit them in comfortably in league one as well, but I think the Championship might be a little bit of a challenge for him. He misses as many as he scores.

I will be quite surprised if any of these players move before next season as promotion triggered big wage increases. IMO I think Lambert is trying to use the guilt /make the fans turn on them card. In reallity though if you had a contract and were told please move on and save us money by taking an enourmos wage cut would you say ok Mr Lambert no problem ? This might not apply to Cody as we can probably get a reasonable fee for him part of which can be paid to him to cover his loss of wages.

Of course there is also a reverse to this in that wages will go down again for the squad should we be relegated meaning any of our top players who have prooved themselves in the prem will want to leave.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

It''s a sad day. Cody is far from a lower league plodder and will command a decent transfer fee in a couple of years time. If there isn''t a substantial sell on clause then we will definitely regret it.

Wilbraham and Lappin aren''t good enough for the Prem.

[:@][:(]

[/quote]

All is not lost until he is gone though. A few more goalless games like this evening''s and who knows........