Sign in to follow this  
willo2

....And now Lansbury..!!!!

On Twitter, quote ''Is it time for a new chapter hmmmm ?'' and ''Come to see my nan at hospital she always make me happy :) When u get bad news !!!'' Lots of tweets pestering him for an answer, watch this space........................

I saw this too, my first thought that it must have something to do with Arsenal. They have probably told him he wont be getting much playing time next season and he is wondering whether to stick with them or move on?

Agree with above poster.. The first one you could read "Norwich" if you read too much into it.

But to get anything out of the second one you have read far too much into it! Bad news could be absolutely anything! Yes it probably links to the first but to get a move to us from these is ridiculous!

I''ve only just notcied that his profile picture is no longer of him in an Arsenal kit. Not looking too much into it but if he changed this today then it may just add to the specualtion that he may be leaving Arsenal, what team he goes to is another matter however.

Arsenal might have told him he''s getting loaned out to a championship team again. http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun/cs/emoticons/emotion-5.gif

Norwich is hardly a ''new chapter'' for him. Is he off to Bolton in a Cahill deal?

Would love him back here. Only Hoolahan was technically superior to him last year in my eyes.

My mate doesn''t know the destination for sure but he thinks it is Bolton as part of the Cahil deal. He is not a ''source'' just rumours he is hearing down that way.

[quote user="Canary Ascent"]Have heard from an Arsenal supporting mate that he has been sold, anyone else able to confirm?[/quote]Yep, he is leaving Arsenal from what I have heard - not sure where he is going. Will update if I hear anything else.

Hang on!

He does not have to agree to the move if he does not want to?

So why is he pee''d off?

Put it in terms of your own career, you would not move to club/other company if it didn''t suit you!

He has now removed both tweets so obviously something going on here!If it was just any old bad news about his personal life then he wouldn''t have removed the tweets, surely? I doubt if he does leave it will be to us but would be a nice surprise! [:)]

I see two things which I have to question, Bolton are after and close to signing Eagles from Burnley so that covers Lansbury and Arsenal have targeted Samba and Jagielka, so where does Lansbury fit the Bolton link?

Not sure I’ve missed anything, but please correct me as I’m normally wrong.

[quote user="Chelmsford Canary"]Hang on!

So why is he pee''d off?

Put it in terms of your own career, you would not move to club/other company if it didn''t suit you![/quote]Like I said, he has probably been told he will not be getting many opportunities/ surplus to requirements at Arsenal next year so for his own security (and also to get playing 1st team footy) he probably has to move on to a different team. This will obviously come as ''bad news'' to him as he has been at Arsenal most of his youth and it appeared that he always thought he would make it there.

[quote user="Indy"]I see two things which I have to question, Bolton are after and close to signing Eagles from Burnley so that covers Lansbury and Arsenal have targeted Samba and Jagielka, so where does Lansbury fit the Bolton link?

Not sure I’ve missed anything, but please correct me as I’m normally wrong.[/quote] Arsenal are also after Cahill and a few articles like this appeared on the internet last week about Lansbury going the other way: [url]http://www.caughtoffside.com/2011/07/15/bolton-demand-two-arsenal-loan-stars-in-return-for-17m-gary-cahill-deal/[/url]

If rumours are true we made bid, then he could engineer move to us, if he liked his time here?

Maybe he is not happy about coming to little Norwich? If that was the bad news

[quote user="Chelmsford Canary"]Hang on!

So why is he pee''d off?

Put it in terms of your own career, you would not move to club/other company if it didn''t suit you![/quote]No he doesn''t have to leave, but if he was told by Wenger that he doesn''t feature in his plans for the future why would he hang around?I would guess that Bolton are a likely destination, especially as they appeared to pull out of their Jeffren bid today. What I heard could be wrong still - but it is looking more and more likely that Lansbury and Emmanuel-Thomas are both off.

OK another question, why would Bolton want Lansbury? He didn''t make our starting line up last year and although I rate the guy, is he really worth 2 million of Boltons money?

He is to us the fans but we have signed two out and out wingers, strengthened central midfield and do we really need Lansbury?

I would say yes to us but still think Bolton will go after higher profile proven players as they target top 10 not like us hope we survive.

From what Coyle has been saying I have been under the impression that Cahill is staying. Therefore whatever has been offered by Arsenal, if anything has, is not what they want for a good centre half.

So who knows, I think the moves by Bolton for the boys from Burnley is very interesting, 3 million for two players who will add a little to them. But not really players who can play at the level L ansbury can.

I am sure if Lambert is interested and we had a bid, that if something is happening with Lansbury then we would be notified.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"][quote user="Chelmsford Canary"]Hang on!

So why is he pee''d off?

Put it in terms of your own career, you would not move to club/other company if it didn''t suit you![/quote]No he doesn''t have to leave, but if he was told by Wenger that he doesn''t feature in his plans for the future why would he hang around?I would guess that Bolton are a likely destination, especially as they appeared to pull out of their Jeffren bid today. What I heard could be wrong still - but it is looking more and more likely that Lansbury and Emmanuel-Thomas are both off. [/quote]

As I said, if we did have offer refused last week, then he may say "come get me, I would rather play in Norwich". Closer to London where he is based, knows the people at NCFC.

Just think its 2+2=5.

I don''t think Arsenal will sign Cahill anyway. Bolton are holding out for £17m. Wenger won''t go that high. He will look elsewhere in Europe.

[quote user="Chelmsford Canary"]If rumours are true we made bid, then he could engineer move to us, if he liked his time here?

Maybe he is not happy about coming to little Norwich? If that was the bad news[/quote]No, the bad news is he''s just discovered his girlfriend is a season ticket holder at White Hart Lane....

Maybe people are jumping to conclusions. Im not worried about him,. he was great for us but as far as im aware he is still a gooner so not my concern anymore. But Wenger the whinger will need all the players he can muster for this season if rumours are true of top players leaving.

It''s been looking ominous for a while now!

"@haych_3: @HLansbury why are ppl saying u changed shirt number is this true?!" Don''t think I have one so don''t get my name or number lol

Twitter for BlackBerry® • 11/07/2011 23:02

Not playing tonight I did ask to but they said no

Twitter for BlackBerry® • 15/07/2011 17:09

"@ohmyfabregas: @HLansbury Gutted Henners, hope you get fit soon! x" I''m not injured

Twitter for BlackBerry® • 15/07/2011 17:15

[quote user="Bruce Eats Walkers"]It''s been looking ominous for a while now!

"@haych_3: @HLansbury why are ppl saying u changed shirt number is this true?!" Don''t think I have one so don''t get my name or number lol

Twitter for BlackBerry® • 11/07/2011 23:02

Not playing tonight I did ask to but they said no

Twitter for BlackBerry® • 15/07/2011 17:09

"@ohmyfabregas: @HLansbury Gutted Henners, hope you get fit soon! x" I''m not injured

Twitter for BlackBerry® • 15/07/2011 17:15
[/quote]Excellent bit of fishing

bolton seem very active this week, mears, eagles, possibly reo-coker, ngog or cameron jerome.

If Cahill was moving I am sure they would be looking at a cb. I do not expect cahill to go anywhere and Owen Coyle pretty much said that earlier this week.

So maybe a possibility that arsenal may be open to discussing with those teams who have shown an interest. May be not, but as I mentinoed with Pacheco both players have bought into our ethos at the club. That is the biggest thing, they are young and if they did come they could become complacent but I also know Lambert would never allow that. See the number of senior players blocked out at the mo for that to be true.

[quote user="willo2"]On Twitter, quote ''Is it time for a new chapter hmmmm ?'' and ''Come to see my nan at hospital she always make me happy :) When u get bad news !!!'' Lots of tweets pestering him for an answer, watch this space........................[/quote]Now been reported on Arseblog(!)...looks like its just based on the Twitter comment though rather than anything more substantial:Lansbury close to Norwich move...