Sign in to follow this  
Lets be aving you!

... And Now OTJ!!!

"Butcher set to swoop for Canaries midfielder

CALEY Thistle are understood to be on the verge of signing Welsh international midfielder Owain Tudur Jones from Norwich City.

The Premiership newcomers released the 26-year-old from the final year of his contact earlier this week and Inverness CT manager Terry Butcher is set to complete the transfer and add him to his squad to face Hibs in the SPL on Saturday.

The central midfielder, who has been on loan at Brentford and Yeovil Town in the past two years, joined Norwich in 2009 from Swansea City after stariting his career at Portmadog then Bangor City.

He featured against Scotland and Northern Ireland in the Carling Nations Cup in May and made his Wales debut back in 2009 against Luxembourg. He has been capped six times now for his country."

That''s according to the "Highland News", that well-renowned Scottish organ. Terry Butcher could always spot outstanding talent.

[quote user="Lambo Is God"]

CALEY Thistle are understood to be on the verge of signing Welsh international midfielder Owain Tudur Jones from Norwich City.

The Premiership newcomers released the 26-year-old from the final year of his contact earlier this week and Inverness CT manager Terry Butcher is set to complete the transfer and add him to his squad to face Hibs in the SPL on Saturday.

The central midfielder, who has been on loan at Brentford and Yeovil Town in the past two years, joined Norwich in 2009 from Swansea City after stariting his career at Portmadog then Bangor City.

He featured against Scotland and Northern Ireland in the Carling Nations Cup in May and made his Wales debut back in 2009 against Luxembourg. He has been capped six times now for his country."

That''s according to the "Highland News", that well-renowned Scottish organ. Terry Butcher could always spot outstanding talent.

[/quote]

Players like him make me wonder what Gunn was aiming for in league one, and also goes to show the standard of the Scottish Premier League. Me and my mate always debate on this, he''s from scotland and supports Celtic, and say i don''t see norwich winning trophies like we do, to which i always reply we don''t play pub teams.

[quote user="Tookie140"][quote user="Lambo Is God"]

[/quote]

Players like him make me wonder what Gunn was aiming for in league one, and also goes to show the standard of the Scottish Premier League. Me and my mate always debate on this, he''s from scotland and supports Celtic, and say i don''t see norwich winning trophies like we do, to which i always reply we don''t play pub teams.

[/quote]

In fairness to OTJ he was regarded as a key player in Swansea''s promotion from League One to the Championship so can see why Gunny went for him. I don''t think he is an awful player, but his style certainly doesn''t match that of Lambert''s.

The less said about Scottish football the better

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"][quote user="Tookie140"][quote user="Lambo Is God"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

In fairness to OTJ he was regarded as a key player in Swansea''s promotion from League One to the Championship so can see why Gunny went for him. I don''t think he is an awful player, but his style certainly doesn''t match that of Lambert''s.

The less said about Scottish football the better

[/quote]

Just imagine the standard of The scottish third division.

http://www.ictfc.co.uk/articles/20110728/along-came-jones-_2208825_2404085

Official, from their website at least.

Says we agreed to ''cancel his registration'', so hope we''ve not had to pay him too much compensation.

Think Smith and Hughes will be gone soon as well personally.

Whoops didn''t read it properly it says he has verbally agreed with Inverness, so not fully completed but should be done and dusted soon I hope.

Good luck to the lad, at least he''s prepared to move in search of playing week in week out. Personally i don''t think Smith and Hughes have any intention of doing the same.

I wonder why didn''t we cancel his contract by mutual consent during the last close season?

What a waste of money OTJ''s career at Norwich has been; we barely saw him play...