Sign in to follow this  
InLambertWeTrust!

Squad numbers released (according to the official site!)

The first thing I noticed when browsing on the ''first team profiles'' section was the players who havent been given a squad number.OTJ is the first but we all know why that was.... the others were Stephen Hughes, Stephen Smith, Ant Mc, OJ and Ceeeewdy.Are we to assume that the 5 still at the club of those mentioned above are definitely off? Personally of all of them Cody is the one that I''m a tad disappointed about- I don''t really know why but I think Cody will go on to score a lot of goals in his career but at this point just aint good enough for the Barclays Premiership. Good luck to all of them.Oh and also Steve Morison is number 5 [:S] Really? Where does this leave the squad in terms of numbers? How many players short of 25 are we?Lansbury moving here might be making a LOT of sense [:D]ON THE BALL CITY!

Wouldn''t be fussed to see any of them go.

Cody like you say, holds a bit of sentiment, perhaps only because he was plucked from obscurity and it would be a wonderful story for him to play premiership football and score an important goal or something.

As you say though, he is unproven at Championship level let alone Prem.

Squad numbers mean very little these days. You can have a crazy number on the back it doesn''t really matter you just have to have a different number to everyone else.

I think by most people''s reckoning there is space for two more, lest call them senior players.

Wouldn''t be surprised to see a keeper come in.

[quote user="chicken"]Wouldn''t be fussed to see any of them go. Cody like you say, holds a bit of sentiment, perhaps only because he was plucked from obscurity and it would be a wonderful story for him to play premiership football and score an important goal or something. As you say though, he is unproven at Championship level let alone Prem. Squad numbers mean very little these days. You can have a crazy number on the back it doesn''t really matter you just have to have a different number to everyone else. I think by most people''s reckoning there is space for two more, lest call them senior players. Wouldn''t be surprised to see a keeper come in.[/quote]

So Bennett and Pilkington are proven at Champs level ? I''m pleased to hear it !! 

Drop it Paul.

We are talking about the players that are not included in the 25 and who we have been told by Lambert he has instructed to find themselves clubs.

I was simply stating that for me, there is a deal of sentiment around Cody which makes you want him to have a chance but the reality is that Lambert doesn''t rate him as good as what we already have.

Plus, potential is great - but when do you stop saying that a player has potential and start saying they haven''t realised it? Franny Jeffers was a bit like that.

Cody is 25. He needs to be playing regular football now. Not bit part roles off the bench.

Now lets keep it on topic and not bring in other players that have nothing to do with it.