Sign in to follow this  
ncfc4life

Steven Smith left club?

Havvnt really seen anything on here or on the official site to support this but just seen this on the bbcs new sportsday thing1412: FOOTBALL -

BBC Sport''s Liam McLeod on Twitter:

I understand that the former Rangers defender Steven Smith will NOT be rejoining Aberdeen after leaving Norwich. Doesnt come as any suprise really but im guessing we have parted company mutually with him.

As I believe, he is still at the club but has not been handed a shirt number and will not be in 25 man squad. Lambert said it is now up to them players and their agents to find themselves another club if they want to be playing football next season.

To be honest I think that was a load of bull in the first place.

I think Brown was just trying to get Norwich to pay Smith off so they could get him for free. It didn''t work.

However, something doesn''t feel right to me about all of this. If the chap was genuinely homesick wouldn''t he want to get back home as soon as possible?

I am guessing that he will still have to turn up to training every day otherwise he would be willingly not going to work and in most ''normal'' jobs this would mean he could be sacked. Obviously I am not a sports lawyer but it seems weird if he is up in Scotland not doing anything and getting paid to be a player here.

[quote user="Oli Oli Oli Oli"]still in norwich, came into my shop with hughes to buy something! hopefully he will agree mutual termination like otj[/quote]

Blimey that sounds a serious way to cure homesickness - couldn''t they just agree to cease his playing contract? :-)

PS: Steven Smith seems to have discovered an amazing way to treat the symptoms of homesickness. The antidote to that truly awful gut-wrenching disease is known in medical circles as ''an unexpected Premiership wage packet''.

Spot on, Mustard.

I remember a few weeks ago, the Aberdeen manager saying he would love to have Smith back at Aberdeen, but because of his lucrative contract at Norwich, Smith was prepared to stay at Norwich getting paid for doing nothing, rather than take a pay cut to join Aberdeen.

Homesick to be back in bonny Scotland my ''arris.