Sign in to follow this  
Iwan=legend

injuries

I would hope in this case that we use a significant portion of the remaining 3 friendlies to forge a partnership out of Holt and Morison. I find it alittle odd we haven''''t tried it yet anyway tbh!!

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]I would hope in this case that we use a significant portion of the remaining 3 friendlies to forge a partnership out of Holt and Morison. I find it alittle odd we haven''''t tried it yet anyway tbh!![/quote]

They play a similar role, so it''s not odd at all that they have not been played together. What Holt or Morison need alongside either of them is a man with pace and heading ability to feed off chances created. 

Just seen Michael Bailey say this on twitter- did think it odd that vaughany had gone so quiet himself, normally a few tweets a day.

I think the first time we''ll see any real 1st choice combos will be the two home friendlies.

This news doesn''t change my current prediction of "just scraping 17th".

[quote user="ZiggyPiggy"]Just seen Michael Bailey say this on twitter- did think it odd that vaughany had gone so quiet himself, normally a few tweets a day.

I think the first time we''ll see any real 1st choice combos will be the two home friendlies.

This news doesn''t change my current prediction of "just scraping 17th".[/quote]

just scraping 17th would be great! Hopefully these injuries aren''t too bad, we''ve been quite lucky with injuries the last few seasons

Hmmm a shame, but I still think its likely to be Holt and Jackson starting. Hopefully Pilkington will be back soon to make up for it!

[quote user="paul moy"]

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]I would hope in this case that we use a significant portion of the remaining 3 friendlies to forge a partnership out of Holt and Morison. I find it alittle odd we haven''''t tried it yet anyway tbh!![/quote]

They play a similar role, so it''s not odd at all that they have not been played together. What Holt or Morison need alongside either of them is a man with pace and heading ability to feed off chances created. 

[/quote]

I''m assuming that a club of the "size" of Norwich doesn''t spend £2.8m on a player to sit on the bench?!?!, and Holt will obviously start matches.

I don''t believe they are too similar to play together, from what I''ve seen of Morison ,he appears to be both a target man and whilst also able to run onto flick ons from a partner?

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"][quote user="paul moy"]

[/quote]

I''m assuming that a club of the "size" of Norwich doesn''t spend £2.8m on a player to sit on the bench?!?!, and Holt will obviously start matches.

I don''t believe they are too similar to play together, from what I''ve seen of Morison ,he appears to be both a target man and whilst also able to run onto flick ons from a partner?

[/quote]

All clubs in the Prem need a strong squad and of course this means that some expensive purchases will sit on the bench. If Holt gets an injury or inevitably tires during a game he will be replaced just as any other player would be in a similar situation, and normally by a similar-style player.

[quote user="paul moy"][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"][quote user="paul moy"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

All clubs in the Prem need a strong squad and of course this means that some expensive purchases will sit on the bench. If Holt gets an injury or inevitably tires during a game he will be replaced just as any other player would be in a similar situation, and normally by a similar-style player.

[/quote]To add to that no player has a devine right to play, if holt has a shocking run of form then he will be dropped, Lambet isnt sentimental enough to keep giving him chances. Personally as long as we are playing well and getting results im not fussed who starts no matter how much they cost.

To be fair, it could have been worse. I personally don''t believe Ward would have been in the starting XI come the Wigan game. I also think Holt and Jackson will start the first game. Vaughan is a bit of a blow because even though Holt and Jackson might be starting, Vaughan would be expected to come off the bench and get us a goal.I just hope it''s not his bad knee and that they''ll both only miss one game at most.

Perhaps with injuries and lack of goals and pace, a certain player may re-enter the frame. Ever cloud blah blah blah........ [:D]

TBH all clubs will have players who go down during pre-season. We have ample cover for both players, hopefully we can make sure they are fully recovered with little need in rushing them back.

We are well catered for this season and I wish them both a speedy recovery.

These things happen i guess, i was moaning the other day about having a two week break only 3 games into the season but in this case it may help us to get Vaughan, Pilkington and Ward back fully fit by the time we play West Brom...

It is a blow, but with this is Jackson''s chance to do well in the top tier. I don''t think he will be making the same mistake as last year, and he is already high on confidence.

Disapointing but i think Ward would be 4th choice centre half. Vaughan is more of a blow as i suspect he would have been first choice to partner Holt. This probably gives Jackson a clear run to start a few which his performances at the end of last season both justify and deserve. It also gives chris Martin hope of a possible run out as i think at the start of the season he is behind Holt,Morison, Vaughan and Jackson in the peckingorder for strikers. Dont forget too that Bennet can be utilised as a striker too

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]Disapointing but i think Ward would be 4th choice centre half. [/quote]

My guess is that, if there is such a thing at the moment, Ward would be 1st choice.

As the manager has said, he was "huge" for his last season. I''ve seen plenty of comments on this board to know that a lot of people have understimated and underrated what Ward did for us last season.

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]Disapointing but i think Ward would be 4th choice centre half. [/quote]

My guess is that, if there is such a thing at the moment, Ward would be 1st choice.

As the manager has said, he was "huge" for his last season. I''ve seen plenty of comments on this board to know that a lot of people have underestimated and underrated what Ward did for us last season.