Sign in to follow this  
Sasco

Info please re Mark Robins

Talking to someone yesterday, I was told that Mark Robins once scored a "wonder goal" for Norwich. Apparently, he scored by lobbing the other side''s goalkeeper from the halfway line. The person i was talking to couldn''t remember any more detail such as when and which team we were playing and I certainly don''t remember this goal. Can anyone throw any light on this for me ?

His second against Arsenal (our 4th) was a lob, but not from the half way line. Think it was about 25yds maybe.

[quote user="Bogbrush177"]Thanks Barbie, can you remember which season that was ?[/quote]

First game of the 92/93 season.

[quote user="Larry David"]

[quote user="Bogbrush177"]Thanks Barbie, can you remember which season that was ?[/quote]

[/quote]

That wasn''t when we won 4-2 with Ruel Fox playing out of his skin was it ? If it was, i was there and for some reason I have forgotten Robins goal !

[quote user="Larry David"]

[/quote]

---

And it was the first game with the new back-pass rule which I think explains why Tony Adams got caught dwelling on the board. He was in at least two minds as to what to do, whereas previously he would simply have passed back to the goalie.

That''s great, really appreciate the feedback. I was at that game ! I particularly remember Mikw Walker making a "gamemanship" substitution on/around 90 mins - at the time, it was the first time I had seen a Norwich manager do that and i remember thinking that in Mike Walker we had found a winner !

[quote user="Balham Yellow"]Did he not score a sweet lob volley from just outside the box at CR in the same season (92-93)? I can''t remember the oppo though.[/quote]

---

Probably the 2-1 against Chelsea. He ran on to a through ball (from Megson?) just as the Chelsea defence came out, and the ball bounced up nicely for him to instep it over the keeper for the winner. He wasn''t that far out, though.

mark robins scored a wonder goal against chelsea at carrow road, megsons lobbed ball from midfield was met by the outside of robins right foot while running away from goal and lobbed the ball into the net majestically.

Most natural finisher I have seen at carrow road, oozed quality, showed his man u pedigree. 92/93 a season I will never forget and a team full of footballing heroes who achieved well above what was exepected. Still think David Phillips scored some amazing goals that season, the scissor kick against crystal palace, a wonder striker from the left wing in that same game as robins goal against Chelsea.

Mark Robins will always be one of my top strikers for ncfc.