Sign in to follow this  
St.John Cooper

DJ Campbell to QPR

0948: FOOTBALL - QPR have had a bid accepted for Blackpool striker DJ Campbell. The 29-year-old scored 13 goals in 31 appearances for the Tangerines last season.

A good signing I would say...proven at PL level

Not a bad signing at all as to if he and Bothroyd can get the goals to keep them up i doubt though. A lot will depend upon Tarbaat and how happy/pissed off he is if indeed he is there in the first place

[quote user="St.John Cooper"]0948: FOOTBALL - QPR have had a bid accepted for Blackpool striker DJ Campbell. The 29-year-old scored 13 goals in 31 appearances for the Tangerines last season. A good signing I would say...proven at PL level[/quote]

I think he will be good, but won''t score as many goals, I think Holloway was good at getting the best out of him. He was only really ever successful at Blackpool and Brentford. I think he could flop, but I may be wrong.

[quote user="YellowLittle1"]

[quote user="St.John Cooper"]0948: FOOTBALL - QPR have had a bid accepted for Blackpool striker DJ Campbell. The 29-year-old scored 13 goals in 31 appearances for the Tangerines last season. A good signing I would say...proven at PL level[/quote]

I think he will be good, but won''t score as many goals, I think Holloway was good at getting the best out of him. He was only really ever successful at Blackpool and Brentford. I think he could flop, but I may be wrong.

[/quote]

Correct he''s been a flop at every other club he''s been at ( Leicester, Sunderland, Birmingham).

He''s a real hit or miss player no in between, I personally don''t rate him at all so not bothered in the slightest he''s signed for rangers.

I have said this before but, everyone saying this will be a great signing etc, but......

He was playing in a team that was all out attack, most strikers playing his position in that much of an attacking team would be bound to hit 10+ a season. Not like he was short on chances to score.

In a Q.P.R. team which won''t shoot/create half as much, I would be suprised to see him score more than 5 league goals personally.

[quote user="Mervmeister"]I have said this before but, everyone saying this will be a great signing etc, but......

He was playing in a team that was all out attack, most strikers playing his position in that much of an attacking team would be bound to hit 10+ a season. Not like he was short on chances to score.

In a Q.P.R. team which won''t shoot/create half as much, I would be suprised to see him score more than 5 league goals personally.[/quote]Indeed, lets see how well he does without Charlie Adam laying it on a plate (as vastly better player than Tarrbat)

[quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="YellowLittle1"]

[/quote] Correct he''s been a flop at every other club he''s been at ( Leicester, Sunderland, Birmingham). He''s a real hit or miss player no in between, I personally don''t rate him at all so not bothered in the slightest he''s signed for rangers.[/quote]

Don''t think he''s ever been at Sunderland, has he?

Maybe you''re thinking of Fraizer Campbell...

Isn''t this the second time QPR have met the buy out price of £1.25m. Last time they couldn''t agree terms.

I trust we woulkd not put any of our fancied players with a clause for such a sum.