Sign in to follow this  
marvin the martian

wuss gorn orn at sarfend ?

"Get a grip people!!"

I suspect one or two on here practice that advice a bit too much

[quote user="City1st"]"Get a grip people!!"

I suspect one or two on here practice that advice a bit too much[/quote]Quality City1st, post of the season before it even starts............love it.

So as I havent personally seen Morison, Bennet, Naughton or Johnson play can anybody who went tonight shed some light as to how they felt they did?  Oh and any general observations on tonights game would be nice to.  Cheers

Was lucky enough to get a comp ticket tonight on the basis of doing some scouting and sat with scouts from Wigan, Orient and Hereford watching the game in one of the boxes

The game itself was disappointing and whilst I fully accept results don''t matter in preseason performances certainly do. The positives, Rudd looked solid and dealt with everything comfortably, even had the Harris effort that hit the bar covered. Was obviously under instructions to play out from the back and did so altho we did conceed a couple of soft freekicks.

Naughton looked composed, quick as and did nothing wrong. Going forward he''ll be a real asset.

Johnson looked off the base, heavy and gave the ball away far too easily at times. Difference in speed of passing and one touch stuff was highlighted when he was replaced by Crofts

Bennett, I have concerns that we don''t know how to play with wingers. Everything wanted to cone back inside and at no point did we look to create space for Bennett to run into. That sai he''s quick and had a couple of good crosses but was let down by...

...Morison. Looks out of his depth, really struggled to have any meaningful impact on the game. Seemed lost playing on his own and too often got dragged out of position trying to make things happen! For a big strong centre forward I noted he won just one header!

Highlights for me was Sahfends comedy striker Mohsni trying to start a fight with anyone who got near him including Rudd, Whitbread, R.Martin, Franconb etc; oh and Bennett deciding he''d had enough and taking his place on the bench, even thi he hadn''t been subbed!

[quote user="Essex_Canary"]Was lucky enough to get a comp ticket tonight on the basis of doing some scouting and sat with scouts from Wigan, Orient and Hereford watching the game in one of the boxes The game itself was disappointing and whilst I fully accept results don''t matter in preseason performances certainly do. The positives, Rudd looked solid and dealt with everything comfortably, even had the Harris effort that hit the bar covered. Was obviously under instructions to play out from the back and did so altho we did conceed a couple of soft freekicks. Naughton looked composed, quick as and did nothing wrong. Going forward he''ll be a real asset. Johnson looked off the base, heavy and gave the ball away far too easily at times. Difference in speed of passing and one touch stuff was highlighted when he was replaced by Crofts Bennett, I have concerns that we don''t know how to play with wingers. Everything wanted to cone back inside and at no point did we look to create space for Bennett to run into. That sai he''s quick and had a couple of good crosses but was let down by... ...Morison. Looks out of his depth, really struggled to have any meaningful impact on the game. Seemed lost playing on his own and too often got dragged out of position trying to make things happen! For a big strong centre forward I noted he won just one header! Highlights for me was Sahfends comedy striker Mohsni trying to start a fight with anyone who got near him including Rudd, Whitbread, R.Martin, Franconb etc; oh and Bennett deciding he''d had enough and taking his place on the bench, even thi he hadn''t been subbed![/quote]

What seemed like a very good analysis was completly ruined by,

"Morison, Looks out of his depth" In a pre-season friendly? Against a club that plays 2 leagues below the League he was scoring goals in last season? That just doesnt make sense.

[quote user="City1st"]Not need to applogies for your post Otherwise how do you know how the players are playing ? How do you know what Lambert''s intsructions were to the players, and his intentions were for these two games. ? You don''t. Instead you have just posted up some idiotic drivel about confidence. Do you really think the players ''confidence'' is shaped by beating Southend or Palace. That Lambert has told the players that if they win these two games then Chelsea and Man Utd will no threat at all ? If you had watched the first 45 mins at sPalce you would have seen what was happening. seen the City players push the ball about as if Palace were not there. It was a routine training ground execise. If you had read a few of the posts above and other threads you would grasp what pre season friendlies are about. Clearly you have not. Better your apology would have been for being an idiot -- not the demonstrating of it.[/quote]

So if you managed the football team playing a friendly match you wouldnt particluarly want them to win or even score goals? But just have a ''training session''? I seriously doubt Lambert instucts his players to ''push the ball about''.

And are you seriously telling me that winning friendlies doesnt bread confidence?? Really?

And if the only reason to play friendlies is to push the ball about and not attack and try and score goals, why travel all they way to Southend? Surely they do that at Colney?

And on a fianl note - Do you think Lambert will treat Parma as a training ground session? I seriously hope not because he will robbing Norwich 28,000 fans if thats the case.

The real test will come against Parma and Zaragoza as players will get full 90 mins, so we did not have a result against palace and Southend but we tested players and formations. Against Parma and Zaragoza we will be going for it with potentially a starting 11 that will face Wigan,

People need to chill out and not panic gggeeezzz !!!!

I too went to the game and for the majority of the game we were awful.

If we play at that level against Wigan we will be crucified.

We played some nice passing in patches but overall was poor and gave the ball away so easily.

Naughton was shocking and i mean truly shocking the amount of times under no pressure that he passed to a southend player or to the touchline was embarrassing.

We looked steady at the back, Bennet was really disappointing, as was johnson, Wes was the stand out player in the first half. Morison was left on his own up front and didnt do much in the game.

Second half wasn''t much better my new gf going to her first game commented on how slow Wilbraham was when he came on, C Martin played on really good defence spllitting pass and had a free kick saved at the end.

The stand out thing for me was the ruluctance to shoot, we tried to walk it in the net when we could have easily got shot away from the edge of the box.

Overall a pretty crap game

"So if you managed the football team playing a friendly match you wouldnt particluarly want them to win or even score goals?"

God, you are thick

I don''t remember you on here bleating the same idiocy after the goals scored in the German games. Nor do I read any comments about Lambert experimenting with diferent formations, combinations, line ups etc

As to the players pushing the ball about that was a comment on 45 minutes of play in the game against Palace - something you clearly didn''t see. Nor will you, or anyone else, see 28,000 fans at Carrow Road against Parma.

As to the confidence twaddlle I had, as have others, pointed out how stupid your comments on that matter are. Posting them up again doesn''t make them any the less stupid. They merely compound that stupidity.

One of the most dreadful games of football I''ve seen in a long time.

You could tell the players weren''t going in full blooded and rightly so. Hoolahan was good once he got going, Morison didn''t do a lot, Naughton looked handy.

Really can''t be too judgemental on these games though.

[quote user="ChelmsfordCanary"]

The real test will come against Parma and Zaragoza as players will get full 90 mins, so we did not have a result against palace and Southend but we tested players and formations. Against Parma and Zaragoza we will be going for it with potentially a starting 11 that will face Wigan,

People need to chill out and not panic gggeeezzz !!!!

[/quote]

---

Against that Real Zaragoza will still be two and half weeks away from their season and Parma a full three weeks. They are on tour, presumably trying out different players and formations, just as we have done so far. There is a question as to how committed they will be as opponents. I''d take the Coventry game as more of a benchmark, even if we are still experimenting.

[quote user="City1st"]"So if you managed the football team playing a friendly match you wouldnt particluarly want them to win or even score goals?" God, you are thick I don''t remember you on here bleating the same idiocy after the goals scored in the German games. Nor do I read any comments about Lambert experimenting with diferent formations, combinations, line ups etc As to the players pushing the ball about that was a comment on 45 minutes of play in the game against Palace - something you clearly didn''t see. Nor will you, or anyone else, see 28,000 fans at Carrow Road against Parma. As to the confidence twaddlle I had, as have others, pointed out how stupid your comments on that matter are. Posting them up again doesn''t make them any the less stupid. They merely compound that stupidity.[/quote]

So I''m thick now as well as stupid and idiotic? Well done, you can certainly mix your words.

I have seen plenty of people who were at these matches post how terribly we played. I find that level of performance and lack of goal threat incredibly dissapointing considering the level of opponent, obviously you disagree and would quite happly watch the team lose ALL their friendly matches prior to the start of a return to the top flight.

Strange how two opinions can be so different and provoke so many insults.

Ignore him, Thecanaryfan, he just needs a break from keyboard-warrioring.

Just don''t get him started again when, whatever the fare dished up at Coventry, he harangues the Outer Circle about their utter dimwittedness, fecklessness and imbecility.

It is your comments that I described as idiotic, not you. There is a difference.

"I have seen plenty of people who were at these matches post how terribly we played"

Not on here you haven''t. Though it does rather beg the question of why their opinion should be valid, and not others whose comments acknowledged that these were pre season warm ups.

"... would quite happily watch the team lose ALL their friendly matches "

Where did I say that ?

I don''t expect the players to be busting a gut, risking injuries in what are basically, at this stage, training games.

So for someone who cannot seem to grasp this simple concept, for someone who appears to be more concerned with having a go at the club, who appears to have little knowledge of how the pre season wins in 2009 meant absolutely nothing when it came to the real games I would suggest that describing your comments as idiotic is praise -

because to be honest they struggle to reach that level of worth.

I tell you what City1st, I have often been annoyed by the ''tone'' of your posts but I totally agree with your responses to the ignorance of this poster.

We all have our opinions about football et al but the nonsense spewed out our New Delhi friend is nauseating.

Personally with the players we have brought, the ones already here and with Lambert in charge I truely believe we will be alright this season and will surprise a number of doubters.  As regard to pre season I care not a jot about the results as many others have said as it matters not, I am of course more interested in how our new signings appear to be doing, although I will still reserve judgement on them until they have played at least a number of games in anger. 

[quote user="City1st"]It is your comments that I described as idiotic, not you. There is a difference. "I have seen plenty of people who were at these matches post how terribly we played" Not on here you haven''t. Though it does rather beg the question of why their opinion should be valid, and not others whose comments acknowledged that these were pre season warm ups. "... would quite happily watch the team lose ALL their friendly matches " Where did I say that ? I don''t expect the players to be busting a gut, risking injuries in what are basically, at this stage, training games. So for someone who cannot seem to grasp this simple concept, for someone who appears to be more concerned with having a go at the club, who appears to have little knowledge of how the pre season wins in 2009 meant absolutely nothing when it came to the real games I would suggest that describing your comments as idiotic is praise - because to be honest they struggle to reach that level of worth.[/quote]

Your quotes this thread "God you are thick", "Some of the less bright", "I would suggest that describing your comments as idiotic is praise" Sounds like you fancy yourself a bit to me. And if these comments were aimed at my comments and not my person, I must inform you that your aim is way off.

If you have no desire to see the team win, then surely I can only assume you wouldnt care if they lose? I mean they are only "training games" right?

Im not saying that I want to see them risking injuries or busting a gut, though to see them string a few attacks together would be nice. From what insight I have had into the last two games we didnt seem to be doing that. This was my concern. By expressing it how am I having a go at the club? Im merely expressing dissapointment that we arent creating more goal scoring opportunities.

Ive heard enough of you tone.

[quote user="City1st"]It is your comments that I described as idiotic, not you. There is a difference.

"I have seen plenty of people who were at these matches post how terribly we played"

Not on here you haven''t. Though it does rather beg the question of why their opinion should be valid, and not others whose comments acknowledged that these were pre season warm ups.

Where did I say that ?

I don''t expect the players to be busting a gut, risking injuries in what are basically, at this stage, training games.

So for someone who cannot seem to grasp this simple concept, for someone who appears to be more concerned with having a go at the club, who appears to have little knowledge of how the pre season wins in 2009 meant absolutely nothing when it came to the real games I would suggest that describing your comments as idiotic is praise -

because to be honest they struggle to reach that level of worth.[/quote]In 2009 we looked superb in pre season, and then went on to have have a superb season? Didn''t we?

"though to see them string a few attacks together would be nice"

try going to games then, you might be qualified to comment on what happened and how many attacks ''were'' strung together

"In 2009 we looked superb in pre season, and then went on to have have a superb season? Didn''t we?"

yes, we won the title by title by 9 points - sounds superb to me

ps are you from suffolk (or New Delhi come to that) as you don''t sound too bright either?

[quote user="jossacklandsspunkybackpack"][quote user="City1st"]It is your comments that I described as idiotic, not you. There is a difference.

Where did I say that ?

because to be honest they struggle to reach that level of worth.[/quote]In 2009 we looked superb in pre season, and then went on to have have a superb season? Didn''t we?[/quote]Lambert frequently lambasted the fitness of the side to the public eye after he took over (and since Lambert is well known for his covert, sometimes cryptic addresses to the press, one would think the problem was very severe for it to be enough to warrant such transparency - McNally himself actually indicated as much), and the system of play had been so poorly structured during the summer (again, Lambert repeatedly bemoaned our heavily overloaded midfield and shortage of defenders) we barely managed 2 successive teams over the course of his first 6 months in charge.The catastrophy that was our pre-season under Gunn made the success of Lambert all the more impressive in his first year; indeed it was very much in spite of our summer that we won the title. The results literally had no say on the state of the team, and the fact we remained unbeaten against our average results in the next season leads one to assume the results are there only to decieve the most foolish of people.Investigate hard enough, and i''m adamant you''ll find the correlation is nil.The glory of success in friendlies is only there for the most superficial fans.

[quote user="City1st"]"though to see them string a few attacks together would be nice"

try going to games then, you might be qualified to comment on what happened and how many attacks ''were'' strung together

"In 2009 we looked superb in pre season, and then went on to have have a superb season? Didn''t we?"

yes, we won the title by title by 9 points - sounds superb to me

ps are you from suffolk (or New Delhi come to that) as you don''t sound too bright either?[/quote]Ouch! Please may i have another sir . . .