Sign in to follow this  
marvin the martian

wuss gorn orn at sarfend ?

Its just kicked off boooooooooooooiiiiiiiiii

Rudd (GK), Naughton, Drury, Whitbread, Barnett, Fox, Bennett, Johnson, Hoolahan, Morison, Surman

7 - Southend twice go close with efforts that loop over Rudd''s crossbar

Sounds like Southend pressing us early on

After palace, you would expect us to come out all guns blazing. Sounds like were under the cosh a bit here. Dissapointing stuff really.

Come on Lambo, show this league two outfit how we play!

NorwichCityFC Norwich City FC

Contract extension to 2013 for young City ''keeper Jed Steer - and 3-month loan move to Yeovil (with 24-hour recall) bit.ly/NCjste

That just up on the same twitter feed so good news for those that feared he would be sold.

Plus Hoolahan just denied.

Hoolahan again skipping past a few players butr his shot is blocked. A very pre-season feel to the game apparently.

I feel we may not see us going ''all guns blazing'' until the last two games tbh.

It might help if some of the less bright were to grasp that that the object of pre season friendlies is not necessarily to get a win

They will be about -

Trying out new formations ie testing the players, and finding out the best combination etc

Getting the players up to speed - not risking pointless injuries

Reading some of the posts from the Palace friendly and I''m reminded of the ''happy clappy'' who told his wife just before kickoff that Norwich''s number 8 wouldm''t score, " he''s just had twenty shots at his the keeper before the game and not scored one of them"

[quote user="City1st"]It might help if some of the less bright were to grasp that that the object of pre season friendlies is not necessarily to get a win They will be about - Trying out new formations ie testing the players, and finding out the best combination etc Getting the players up to speed - not risking pointless injuries Reading some of the posts from the Palace friendly and I''m reminded of the ''happy clappy'' who told his wife just before kickoff that Norwich''s number 8 wouldm''t score, " he''s just had twenty shots at his the keeper before the game and not scored one of them"[/quote]

Presacably [Y]

[quote user="City1st"]It might help if some of the less bright were to grasp that that the object of pre season friendlies is not necessarily to get a win They will be about - Trying out new formations ie testing the players, and finding out the best combination etc Getting the players up to speed - not risking pointless injuries Reading some of the posts from the Palace friendly and I''m reminded of the ''happy clappy'' who told his wife just before kickoff that Norwich''s number 8 wouldm''t score, " he''s just had twenty shots at his the keeper before the game and not scored one of them"[/quote]

So not beating league two opposition breeds confidence does it? Two games against lower league opposition without scoring a goal breeds confidence does it?

Im suprised by these perfomances, I really am. We should be one down and by the sound of it we''ve rarely had an attack. Poor stuff, sorry but it is.

So again... what about last year when we failed to score a single goal against the combined might of Stevenage, Dagenham and Lincoln?  What relevance did that have?

If you''re gettin stressed now, what you going to be like come 13th August?

Lambert knows what he''s doing - just chill man

[quote user="Thecanaryfan"]

So not beating league two opposition breeds confidence does it? Two games against lower league opposition without scoring a goal breeds confidence does it?

Im suprised by these perfomances, I really am. We should be one down and by the sound of it we''ve rarely had an attack. Poor stuff, sorry but it is.

[/quote]

As stated previously, the objective of this game is not to beat the opposition or even to breed confidence, it is simply about getting the players up towards match fitness. The intensity of the games will build up slowly as we progress through the friendlies with higher quality opposition but it won''t be until the season starts that the mentality changes to fighting for a win.  There are no points at stake! Lambert and anyone else with any intelligence would not be phased by a 0-0 or even a loss. Chill.

Not need to applogies for your post

Otherwise how do you know how the players are playing ? How do you know what Lambert''s intsructions were to the players, and his intentions were for these two games. ?

You don''t.

Instead you have just posted up some idiotic drivel about confidence. Do you really think the players ''confidence'' is shaped by beating Southend or Palace. That Lambert has told the players that if they win these two games then Chelsea and Man Utd will no threat at all ?

If you had watched the first 45 mins at sPalce you would have seen what was happening. seen the City players push the ball about as if Palace were not there. It was a routine training ground execise.

If you had read a few of the posts above and other threads you would grasp what pre season friendlies are about. Clearly you have not.

Better your apology would have been for being an idiot -- not the demonstrating of it.

[quote user="Thecanaryfan"]

[/quote]You''re not actually for real are you?

Full-time: Southend United 0 Norwich City 0. Good clean sheet for Rudd and impressive debut from Naughton.

OMG!!!! We''re doomed, doomed i tells ya! Sack the board, sack everyone!

Grant Holt didn''t even play. He must be out injured to november, or being sold.

[quote user="Canarygeorge"]Full-time: Southend United 0 Norwich City 0. Good clean sheet for Rudd and impressive debut from Naughton.

OMG!!!! We''re doomed, doomed i tells ya! Sack the board, sack everyone!

Grant Holt didn''t even play. He must be out injured to november, or being sold.[/quote]When is the protest planned for?, I''m sure there must be some kinda facebook campaign we can sign up for.

[quote user="Haggerdoo"]If you''re gettin stressed now, what you going to be like come 13th August?

Lambert knows what he''s doing - just chill man[/quote]Haha- I know I''m going to be a mess! although at least I wont get the shock of day one two years ago whatever the score!

Why the heck are people worrying about scoring goals?

The last 2 seasons we have been top scoring team in Championship and League 1, against the teams we played in last 2 friendlys. So why after improving the squad would that change!! Get a grip people!!

[quote user="Harry"]Good to see Rudd play 90 minutes and keep a clean sheet.
[/quote]

What do you mean Rudd played 90 minutes? What''s up with Ruddy? I knew he was not good enough so now it looks like he is injured.Amybody know how long he is out for? Now we have to rely on an inexperienced rookie just because Lambert would not sign Fraser Forster ![;)]

[quote user="Mervmeister"]Why the heck are people worrying about scoring goals? The last 2 seasons we have been top scoring team in Championship and League 1, against the teams we played in last 2 friendlys. So why after improving the squad would that change!! Get a grip people!![/quote]

To be fair there''s only been one panicky poster so far on this thread and I suspect (well I hope) it''s a clever wind up. Refreshingly most people seem to get it.

So who went and more importantly how would you rate individual performances?