Sign in to follow this  
cheds right foot

i hate to say o told you so!

What makes many of you think that Ashton is the striker that will save us from relegation? If he''s that good howcome more of the Prem teams are not interested. Given Worthingtons track record in the transfer market It''s my bet that he could be just another in a long line of turkeys. Can''t understand why Worthington did not give Jarvis a start today. What sort of message does that send out to the lad. You are not good enough son? I don''t swallow the Worthington crap that he''s to young. Everton didn''t take that line with Rooney and neither should our not so respected (well not with me) manager. Just about sums up his lack of acumen as a team boss and why the team are relegation certainties. God I''m depressed. Will we ever win a game again?

The board have made the move that they feel could keep us up in the prem. I think he will add the cutting edge to the team. All of our current strikers didn''t have Ashton''s scoring record in division 1. If the worst happens and we do get relegated, can you imagine how many goals the huckerbee/ashton partnership will provide. well done to the board/worthy who have done as much as they can to keep us in the prem, norwich under worthy have improved year on year - let may this continue i say - up the norwich

The board have made the move that they feel could keep us up in the prem. I think he will add the cutting edge to the team. All of our current strikers didn''t have Ashton''s scoring record in division 1. If the worst happens and we do get relegated, can you imagine how many goals the huckerbee/ashton partnership will provide. well done to the board/worthy who have done as much as they can to keep us in the prem, norwich under worthy have improved year on year due to his ''dodgy'' track record - let may this continue i say - up the norwich

[quote]What makes many of you think that Ashton is the striker that will save us from relegation? If he''s that good howcome more of the Prem teams are not interested. Given Worthingtons track record in the t...[/quote]

Chunky: My that is depressive!

Firstly, Worthy''s track record has actually been quite good - we wouldn''t have transformed from a lowly Division One side to the Premiership side we are now if we weren''t. If Worthy had bought a long line of turkeys, we''d be in the 2nd division, wouldn''t we?

Furthermore, how can you say he''s bought a long line of Turkeys after suffering Bryan Hamilton''s transfers? Now THAT was a long line of turkeys.

Secondly, Ashton has something that all the rest of our players don''t - the ability to finish! We can''t find the net with anyone right now, he''s scored 19 so far this season. Yes, it was in the first division but normally anyone with that ability can make the step up - take Johnson for example. His record was similar.

Thirdly, Jarvis is a good player with plenty of potential, and I do agree that not playing him today was a mistake. But ultimately the lad is young, and he certinatly will lead the Norwich front line one day.

Keep the faith, we''re staying up!!

I totally agree Nickerson, very well put. As for Chunky''s comments He''s obviously had his head up his own a**e for the last 18 months. As some of worthy''s signings have been the most ambitious and best in the clubs history. Every big club in the premiership has been linked with Ashton. But for a change we got there first. Yes i know he is unproven at this higher level, but he''s the best in his division and we have got him. He''s only 21 with his best years ahead of him. Worthy has done it again with a fantastic coup!!!!. 

Well, what more can i say but: YES YES YES YES!!!!!!

He is defently the best player on the pitch at crew, is young, very talented and could stay in the club a long time! Ashton is one of those players who will take the chance if you give it to him. Hes banging the goals in for Crew in the (division 1) erm.... coka cole........ cola coke...... oh forget it, the "championship" (still sounds like a cup compititon dont it!, Makes the premier league sound small ) Hes top scorer in the "Championship" and has 17 goals this season (thats including cup i think)

Hes really hungry for goals, and will defently put them away when he can...........

.......the only thing thats bothering me is; Will he get the service he needs?

And Worthy is still interested in buying other players, one of which a Mr Harewood who  "we''ll see if we can afford"

[quote]What makes many of you think that Ashton is the striker that will save us from relegation? If he''s that good howcome more of the Prem teams are not interested. Given Worthingtons track record in the t...[/quote]

Like everyone, I just hope that Ashton is the saviour that he needs to be.

As far as Jarvis is concerned, I also would like to see him play more, but if memory serves the earlier quote about Rooney is wide of the mark. I seem to remember Moyes bleating on and on and on, hardly playing Rooney at all, saying that he was so young and didn''t want him to burn out.

I guess we''ve all got to be patient with Jarvis'' development.

Well Andrew, Abbey, Libra, Emblem and Rivers spring readily to mind and with the jury out on Helveg, Jonson and Docherty there may well be a few hatchlings to add to that lot. Yes Worthington had success with promotion last season but I am of the opinion that a large dose of luck and Greeno had a lot to do with it. Anyway its my conviction that if it had not been for Worthingtons lack of tactical nous and his abysmal team selection we could have achieved promotion a great deal early at Cardiff. I am not a Worthy convert and never will be but should he achieve the impossible I will be the first to post my most abject apologies on this site for all to see and change from Chunky Canary to Contrite Canary. 

I take everyones views on board.  Yes worthy has bought a number of players that may not have the biggest sucess in the world.  However please remember that only last season was Nigel finally giving some pulling power in the transfer market and he had to buy the best players he could, to make up a squad.  However good of a manager you are some players just will not work out and every manager in the country has bought players in who have not been a sucess.  That includes sir alex and wenger.

Now Worthington has taking norwich from the brinks of div 2 to the premiership in a very short amount of time and he has done so with some great signings.  I think as always its best to concentrate on the positive.  King Nigel has made a number of quality additions.  The highlights have been Francis, huckerby and the likes of Leon and Svensson were very important.

Ashton Is for me the pick of the bunch an excellent signing.  The biggest point is no matter what happens this season we know Ashton will score goals in div 1.  So long live king Nigel.

Jim Kent

[quote]Well Andrew, Abbey, Libra, Emblem and Rivers spring readily to mind and with the jury out on Helveg, Jonson and Docherty there may well be a few hatchlings to add to that lot. Yes Worthington had succ...[/quote]

(Nearly) total garbage there, Chunky Canary.

Winning the League was luck? Garbage - we won it because we progressed from an under-achieving team during the first third of the season to the best team in the division during the second. How many teams have won the League from such a poor start?

Winning the League was down to Greeno? Garbage - if you want to give the credit to one player, it could only be Huckerby. It was scoring goals, not saving them, that pushed us up the league. Our defence was also very solid, but the credit for that goes to all the back four as well as Greeno. Your ignorance makes me wonder where you were when all this was actually happening.

Making it to Cardiff was an amazing turnaround from standing on the relegation trapdoor the season before. We had an inadequate squad, and what got us there more than anything was the tremendous motivation of the players, for which the manager should get the credit. Team selection is something best left to the manager, rather than people like you or me. We can have an opinion, but don''t ever mistake an uninformed opinion for an informed judgement.

Where I agree with you to a degree is about Worthy''s acquisitions. Abbey, Libbra, Emblen and Rivers were indeed clunkers, but there are two things to remember: one is that Worthy had urgently to rebuild the squad after getting shot of the horrendous collection of duds brought in by Hamilton, and he had very little money to do so: we were also paying low wages in First Division terms. So Worthy was shopping in the bargain basement, and a good proportion of players there will be clunkers. The second thing to remember is that all managers who buy players have a "poor track record" in this respect - it''s impossible to predict accurately how a player will perform. If you bothered to check other people''s records, you would see that.

Lets be straight on this one if this turns out to be a gaffe, It is one any of us would have made.

Ashton has been top of everybodys xmas list.

I cant wait to see him pull on the yellow and green !

Some people have short memories Andrew. While I agree that The Hamilton/Rioch era was dreadful don''t forget that our Nigel was part and parcel of that.

Yes Worthy has signed some duds as have just about any manager. However this summers signings are bedding in well and just about all of them have improved our squad from the one that won the championship.The ones I was worried about were Safri and Doc and both have done enough recently to convince me they are better than Mullers, Brennan, Flem, Malky etc.Helveg and Jonson simply ooze class and the second half of this season is their chance to shine if the fans and manager opens their eyes to what they can offer if played in the right position.The fact that worthy has brought in some many players yet retained that same committment from last season shows how well he has done in the transfer market over the last year or so.We all know that signing a 21 year old prem virgin for £3m is a huge gamble that may not save us from relegation - but he was high on everyones shopping list - almost the exclusion of anyone else so to complain now seems ludicrous.OTBC