Sign in to follow this  
Excited Canary

Wigan on general sale

Does anyone know how the seats are distributed ? The quicker you call the better seat you get ? Or is it random ? Also I want to confirm again tickets were available yesterday.

I got my ticket at 9.45 today and from the look of the Stadium plan on the back of the ticket there are 7 blocks and my ticket is in block 5 which is just to the left of the goal and I''m in Row S so make of that what you want.

Clearly there has been some confusion about when they were released over telephone. I have had a version told to me over the phone by the club. If that isn''t the case then I apologise to anyone on here that feels that I have been implying that they haven''t been telling the truth.

Lets just move on.

What is clear is that the demand was high and a lot of people weren''t getting through to the queue. Whether changes can be implemented I''m not sure but I fear this will happen a lot for games this season. And I think its sad if people are getting charged for calls that are fruitless.

Just got 3 tickets after trying to get in the queue since 8am.

Lady on the phone at the other end said they''d been non-stop since 8am, and that although they weren''t sure how many tickets were actually left, the pile was a lot smaller now than when they started.

4,500 tickets were in the first allocation...

Ben

I tried consistently from 8am, finally got into the queue at 8.50am and was put in the queue at number 2, work that one out?? Not looking forward to seeing my mobile bill though, was literally non stop calling

[quote user="norfolkchance1"]Clearly there has been some confusion about when they were released over telephone. I have had a version told to me over the phone by the club. If that isn''t the case then I apologise to anyone on here that feels that I have been implying that they haven''t been telling the truth. Lets just move on. What is clear is that the demand was high and a lot of people weren''t getting through to the queue. Whether changes can be implemented I''m not sure but I fear this will happen a lot for games this season. And I think its sad if people are getting charged for calls that are fruitless.[/quote]

Wasn''t an attempt to have a pop NFC1, simply pointing out how the staff were wrong. [:)] Hopefully they will sort it out asap. I just can''t wait for the season to kick-off now.

Got my tickets too....The lady on the phone said that they will sell out very soon....second batch of tickets me thinks.....and got stoke tickets too.

bring on the prem!!!

yellas

Went down to the Box Office at 2.15pm to find there were 17 people in front of me so i thought to myself Jeeezzuuss what a demand there must be for these tickets.however without exception everybody mums,dads and kids were clutching birth certificates and passports etc and were there to prove age for those under 21 season tickets.When i got to be served and asked for 8 Wigan tickets the chap said " that makes a pleasant change" and promptly peeled me off the tickets from a HUGE pile he had beside him.I looked at the next member of staff  further along the counter and she also had a HUGE pile of Wigan tickets. Yes the phone lines were very busy in the background but bearing in mind the percentage of foot customers requiring Wigan tickets i just wonder how many on the phone were enquires about the under 21 season tickets.

so 1) Don''t panic about Wigan.

2) A big thankyou to the dickheads who have boasted on here with regard to gaining entry to the ground on a match day with concessionary tickets who have caused this phone line congestion and hundreds of people being inconvenienced by having to trail down to Carrow Road with documents.

My Tickets are in the block to the right of the goal.Anyone know if we have sold out ?

Getting mine on Friday morning and not concerned in the slightest about it selling out before the end of next week, would imagine we will sell it out as it is fairly cheap and the significance of it being the first one back in the big time etc.

Would I be correct in saying that this will probably be our biggest away following in some time if we do sell it out? Cant think of many places that offer 4,000+ to away fans. Just thinking about the noise thats going to come from the stand when they walk out is getting me excited, let alone what it will be like if we score the first goal! 

Just noticed on oddschecker that City are 40/1 to be top of the league after week 1............with a massive away following at Wigan is this a good bet or am I dreaming?

Never bet on your team to win. It''s the first rule of gambling. You bet on us being top we will lose don''t jinx us.

[quote user="birchfest"]Getting mine on Friday morning and not concerned in the slightest about it selling out before the end of next week, would imagine we will sell it out as it is fairly cheap and the significance of it being the first one back in the big time etc.

Would I be correct in saying that this will probably be our biggest away following in some time if we do sell it out? Cant think of many places that offer 4,000+ to away fans. Just thinking about the noise thats going to come from the stand when they walk out is getting me excited, let alone what it will be like if we score the first goal!  [/quote]At last...........the voice of reason in a sea of panic. Doubt this will sell out but it should come fairly close by the 13th August. If by any chance the match should sell out for away fans before then all''s not lost........ there''ll be acres of empty space in the home seats as most Wigan residents prefer to see players playing with odd-shaped balls.For a game like this I can''t understand why people play into the club''s hands and can''t wait to start dialling that stupidly expensive 0844 number especially if they live in Norwich........ Mr McNally must be rubbing his hands with glee! It''s bad enough that they get away with charging for debit cards....." A nice little earner " as Arthur Daley used to say.

[quote user="Rupethebear"]Just noticed on oddschecker that City are 40/1 to be top of the league after week 1............with a massive away following at Wigan is this a good bet or am I dreaming?[/quote]

HMMMMM I think Aguero & Tevez upfront against Swansea will fair better than us away at Wigan.Last prem year we didn''t get an away win all seasson ... here''s hoping we get one straight away.

Got 3 on Friday, very excited (also taking my Dad for his first away game since the playoff final)Told that we had sold 3,000 so another 1,400 odd left

[quote user="birchfest"]Got 3 on Friday, very excited (also taking my Dad for his first away game since the playoff final)

Told that we had sold 3,000 so another 1,400 odd left
[/quote]

I thought we were allocated over 5,000 not 4,400? Mind you the panic merchants predicted tickets would be hard to get as they would sell like hot cakes.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="birchfest"]Got 3 on Friday, very excited (also taking my Dad for his first away game since the playoff final)Told that we had sold 3,000 so another 1,400 odd left [/quote]

I thought we were allocated over 5,000 not 4,400? Mind you the panic merchants predicted tickets would be hard to get as they would sell like hot cakes.

[/quote]Ahh yes, Capacity in the North stand in 5,400... my mistake couldnt remember if it was 4 or 5!  I think we will get just over 4,000 there, almost certain to be avilable on the door I would imagine.

I''m just so pleased that I only paid Â£20.00 for a ticket to watch a premiership game.....How the hell can they afford to charge so little?

I can now spend some of my spare disposable income - on some lovely wholesome pies and a proper pint - and not a tasteless cruddy floppy pastry, washed down with an expensive bottle of plastic pish.

Now, do I use the Porsche, Bentley, 1st class choo-choo, or do I fly to Mankychester to get to Wigan?

For me i still believe we will get about 5000 there, with less than two weeks to go now fans are going to get more and more excited for the new season snapping up the majority of tickets still available.. well i hope so, will make for a superb atmosphere in the away end !!!

Ive just got this feeling that after not getting a win away all season last time we were in the Prem we are destined to get one straight away, sods law and all that pony #otbc

Just a warning to those in their "porsches" that the traffic cops up here are legion in their unmarkeds and the odd motorway bridge will have a speed camera van oop here.

Don''t get carried away!!!

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

Can''t do a Flybe Q400 passenger plane for speeding.....can they?

[/quote]

Depends what speed it''s doing when it runs out of runway after landing.

[quote user="sjs7"]For me i still believe we will get about 5000 there, with less than two weeks to go now fans are going to get more and more excited for the new season snapping up the majority of tickets still available.. well i hope so, will make for a superb atmosphere in the away end !!!

Ive just got this feeling that after not getting a win away all season last time we were in the Prem we are destined to get one straight away, sods law and all that pony #otbc[/quote]Certainly hope your right, I think the Atmosphere would be brilliant, but that said anything close to 4,500 will be one of the biggest away attendances for years. Im sure that stand will be rocking come 3pm!